Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am due to have a cyst drained tomorrow so that I can start my medication for my 1st IVF cycle.  Can anyone tell me whether it hurts?  I have been told that I won't need sedation to drain the cyst as it last around 1 minute or less.  But I have also been offered it ... any ideas?  Have you all had sedation?  :-\

·
Premium Member
10,615 Posts
hiya had sedation along with gas and air and something else like morphine for my egg collection as part of my ivf. was good did the job

the sedative i had was temazipan in a tablet and i took 3 spread out from the night before onwards and i was very relaxed so i would have it to calm your nerves and relax you  ^hugme^

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Hi,

I can't answer your question I'm afraid as I've never had it done, but what did they say how big your cyst was? I've got one right now and am going to be starting my 1st cycle soon, but they said they'd put me on the d/r anyway and see what happens. I've just realised you posted this last night so I guess you will have had it done by the time you check this thread again. Hope the cyst drainage went smoothly and you weren't in any pain.

Take care,

Elle x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts