Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi every one. after trying to concieve for 2 n half years i have just found out i am infertile, due to blocked tubes. what makes it worse is i was mis-diagnosed 5 years ago with IBS but it turns out all this time i had an infection that could have been treated with anti-biotics:-( now me n my husband are unable to concieve naturally. obviously i am devestated, hurt and angry about not being able to do what so many women take for granted. we are now waiting for an appointment to remove my tubes before we can begin IVF and i would be so grateful if anyone has any advice or just words of encouragement to make me feel im not on my own :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi I am fairly new to this site too. I also have blocked tubes, but I have not been told anything re removal i have just made our appointment for IVF. I tend to go for massage to relax and to stay positive. I am hoping as they know what the problem is it might be easier to solve.Wish i could be more help. Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mine have to be removed because of fluid. aparently it can leak into the womb and b fatal or cause eptopic pregnancy. thank you for replying. i hope your treatment goes well x

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
kittnheal

I have blocked tubes which are also twisted with fluid in and on the left I have multiple cysts, back in September I had an operation to clip (staple) my tubes so that the fluid didn't leak into my womb maybe ask your consultant about this rather than removal if it makes you happier. I truly know how you both feel as it broke me knowing I couldn't conceive naturally but now I have come to terms with it and I'm on my first private cycle of IVF with ICSI as my dp has an extrem low sperm count.

Keep your chins up x 

·
Premium Member
6,986 Posts
Hi Kittnheel and welcome to FF ^hugme^

Please have a good look around the site and feel free to post in any area, and make yourself at home. There are many who are on their TTC journey, and others who have been fortunate to have little ones with assistance. You will soon discover that our members are very encouraging of one another and offering advice or just simple hugs. There's a vast amount of information here for everyone, so start reading, posting and getting to know others. You will make some great friends too, lots of members often have meet ups locally too, for chats, coffee, shopping or even nights out! You can share conversations with one another freely, simply because we all understand each other. It's hard when family and friends don't fully comprehend what this journey entails and the emotions that go with it. That's where we come in!

Here are some links which you should find really useful at the moment……

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

Complimentary, Holistic and Spiritual Approaches ~ CLICK HERE

Tubal Factors ~ CLICK HERE

A Rough Guide To IVF ~CLICK HERE

Questions for your first cycle consultation ~ (use the ones that apply) CLICK HERE

IVF General ~ CLICK HERE

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time. The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that. Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment.

Cycle buddies ~ CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our chat room. We have a newbie day in the chat room every Wednesday where you can meet one of our mods for support, meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

You can also "meet" and chat with people in your local area through the Location boards. This is especially useful to find people who may be using the same clinic and or in the same PCT area.

Wishing you lots of luck ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ and ^fairydust^
Keep in touch
Ceri xx

PS I have also sent you a pm (private message)

·
Registered
34 Posts
hi hope your treatment goes well too. Think key is to try and stay as relaxed as possible. I am nervous as although have read about IVF am not sure what to expect, but the lap was not nearly as bad as thought so heres hope this follows suit. Dont know about you but a few close friends know we have to go through IVF but too wary of telling people appointment dates x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts