Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
i've been reading through the threads for awhile and now feel brave enough to post myself!

I'm 33 and DH is 36. I have 2 children from a previous marriage, so as far as i'm aware all's ok with me. My dh suffered with chrones disease when he was 19 and went on to have many bowel problems, which resulted in 7 operation. This has left him with retrograde ejaculation and unable to conceive naturally.
We have had 1st consultation at Bourn, dh has had sperm test and we have been told its suitable for icsi  :)
I had 2 day hormone test a few weeks ago, which came bk  gd and we have our next appointment at Bourn tommorow. I was wondering if anyone could tell me the next step?? what i'm really hoping for is that we can have our 1st attempt on this cycle! I'm really keen to get going and i'm pining my hope's on getting drugs tomorrow, is this likely??

Thanks!!  :)

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi & welcome to FF :)

So sorry to hear all your DH has been through ^hugme^ but great to hear you've got the ball rolling and are able to start ICSI asap.

Although you've had your hormone and sperm tested.....have both of you had HIV and Hep B&C tested (some clinics also require Chlamydia test too) ?  You would need these before starting treatment.  Also, have you both signed all the relevant paper work ?

You can start IVF either at the beginning of your cycle or on cd21 so it's really down to your consultant and clinic and their procedures as to what cycle day you start.  Also, you need to take into consideration that they will need to book you into their schedule for scans, egg collection and embryo transfer (most clinics will pencil these in but obviously dates may change slightly dependant on how you respond to the drugs, what day transfer you have etc).

So whether you're able to start immediately or will have to wait until next cycle is entirely up to your consultant and what their clinic diary is like....and also whether you've had the other blood tests that are required.

Hopefully you'll get all your answers tomorrow at your appointment.
Lots of luck ^reiki^
Natasha

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hi and welcome to FF,  ^wave^ well done on plucking up the courage to make your first post, you will get so much support on this site!!

Good luck with your treatment and I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow, keep us posted on how you get on.

Laura
xxx

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks very much for replys, i'm so glad i joined its so nice to be able to talk about everything, i think i'm driving dh mad!!

we have both had all our blood tests, HIV etc, so looks like its down to clinic!! I'm due any day now so looks like might miss this month :(

I will find out tommor i guess  :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hello Han75 and welcome to FF!
By the time I got referred to our clinic, they had a slot and we started taking the down reg drugs on day 21 (I was on day 14 of that cycle). As Minxy says it will depend on the clinic and consultant.
If you do start this month - come and join us on the April/May Cycle Buddies board - all of us going through the same rollercoaster at the same time offering love and support.
Good Luck with your appointment tomorrow!
^reiki^
KPxx

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Hi Han

Congratulations on plucking up the courage to post, you'll find a wealth of support here to assist you and your DH through this.

Bev xx

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will def be joining you guys if we can start this month.  :)

Wishing everyone loads of luck  ^reiki^

han.xx

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Hell Han, welcome to Fertility Friends. :)

I hope that your appointment today goes well and that you are able to start treament ASAP.

As Kaypea suggest, you can join the cycle buddies when you start cycling which will offer you loads of support throughout your treatment:

Cycle buddies ~ CLICK HERE

You might also want to check out the Bourn Hall thread:

Bourn Hall ~ CLICK HERE

And here area few nmore useful links to parts of FF for you:

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

A Rough Guide To IVF ~ CLICK HERE

ICSI ~ CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area:

Girl & Boy talk - Community & Fun Board ~ CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our excellent chat room. We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm), where you can meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

You can also "meet" and chat with people in your local area through the Location boards. This can also be useful to find people who may be using the same clinic and or in the same PCT area.

Wishing you loads of luck! ^reiki^

C~x

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Hi there,

Welcome to the thread, ^goodluck^ for your appointment today, hope all goes well. Bourn generally start d/r on day 21, so if you're due on soon, it could be as soon as 3 weeks till starting.

Hope to see you on the Bourn thread soon

xx

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi, just an update,  All went well today, bit overwhelming and there's so much to take on board! We can start the cycle in the next 2/3 weeks, only problem is..our HIV etc tests were out of date so we need to get them done asap otherwise we can't book in on 1st day of my period  ( which is anyday) :(

Can't believe i didn't check before we went  ^idi

all the best to everyone!  :) xx

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Hi Han,

If you can get your HIV test done now, book in with the nurse co-ordinators on day 1 anyway and say you are awaiting results. They allowed me to book in with the caveat that if the results were positive they would cancel treatment.

xx

ps memorise your number - you will need it everytime you speak to them  ;D

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
  Thank you for that,  ;D  i was so disappointed when was told, and have booked in to see my Doc tomor and then i  can book in with the nurse. We could have had them done at bourn but £240 is a lot of money that we don't need to spend.. i feel less worried and under pressure now so thank you  ^hugme^

ps thanks for the tip on number! xx

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Hi han75 and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic place full of advice and support.

Sorry to hear of your DH's problems but great that you have now had your appointment and that things are moving along for treatment and i wish you loads of luck with getting a positive result.

Kate xx

1 - 13 of 13 Posts