Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Having peeked at the site for the last few months now, I have finally plucked the courage to write my first post (prob first of many; I love to talk and thinking I am going to love to write!)

Adore this website, all the info, friendly members and valuable advice  :). Been feeling quite low recently as I so long to be a mummy, its all I have ever wanted. I have dedicated my career to children (as a nanny) but found it too difficult, as Im sure all members have, to be around pregnant women and new mothers every day, so I have stopped working perminant positions and just do the odd day here and there, as I could never stop seeing kids completely.

I am amazingly lucky to have a beautiful DH, who is supportive and understanding, but obv doesnt like to see me upset and I dont want to complain too much to him as I dont want to make him feel  guilty.

We have been ttc for 11 months, in which time basically everyone we know have got preg super easily, which is why also I feel relieved to come to this site and be assured that I am not alone and that others struggle too. Some ladies' stories are so humbling and heartbreaking. Docs havent taken me seriously, being told how young and healthy I am, to go off and relax, take hols and spend treatment money on sexy undies instead etc. However, DH doc agreed to SA's of which the first revealed poor motility (23%) and the second showed 0% normal forms  :eek:. Have since had 21 bloods (results due back today) but gp not particularly bothered as I have regular 28 day cycles and according to persona ov every month.

Anyway, have since put DH and I on Marilyn Glenville vits and cut out booze altogether. I am also having reflexology, to cheer myself up and then we will repeat SA in summer and lap and dye for me.

Sorry for ranting, have bored all friends senseless, hope I havent bored all of you too!

Beegey x

ps am complete techno moron and cant work out signature bit  :-[, frankly amazed to have got this far if post successfully goes live! Me 25, DH 33, if anyone interested.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wish you all the best, we were trying for years with no success, we went to the NHS who messed about for years, but forgot to actually check weather my partner was actually able to concieve, this gave us years of false hope before we went private and found that the previous 5 years had been  a waste of time. We should never have been through what we suffered. We have now gone down the Doner IVF route, and, after a very sad experience, when we lost our fisrt, we a 3 months into a pregnancy, it took us 11 years in total to get here, but I wish you all the best and I`m sure you will get there too. Don`t give up, it`s hard, and there are many tears, but it`s a journey worth taking.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply carlos and your kind words and sorry for your loss. So many congratulations on your good news, certainly most deserving and heartening to hear happy endings. We are not thinking of donor at this stage, still hoping (maybe naively) for a nat bfp, but who knows what the future holds?

You are so right about the nhs too, pretty certain we will go privately. But still feel a bit let down nonetheless. cant imagine how 11years of this must have been for you. You must be very brave.

Enjoy pregnancy,

Beegey x

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Hell beegey, welcome to Fertility Friends. :)

Generally doctors are quite reluctant to do any kinds of tests before you have been trying at least 2 years - especially if you have age on your side as you do so well done on getting as far as you have and finding out as much about your problems as you have so far. Just relax is such an old chestnut...grr! ^bigbad^
Sperm quality can change over time and, with the right diet and lifestyle changes, I have known some to have a great deal of success in improving matters - we've had many a member here who has got pregnant naturally with male factor issues so I do hope you can take some hope from that!
The one word of caution I will give is that persona can be innacurate. I used it for contraception (and also for early ovulation prediction when I first came off the pill and started ttc) and it told me I ovulated every month and I had bang on 30 day cycles . Apart from the escalating pain from the endo (as it turned out I had) I would have had no idea my fertility was compromised. As it turned out I don't ovulate naturally (well, didn't then anyway) and actually have PCO as well as endo and, well, read my profile if you want my whole waffle! ::) Needless to say it wasn't that simple. That's not to say it won't be for you and ^fingerscrossed^ it's just your male factor issues that you have and, hopefully, do something about and maybe get pregnant the old fashioned way! :)

I'll leave you with a few links to parts of FF you might find helpful. Please do dive right on in and start asking questions / chatting. I know everyone here will make you very welcome.

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

Starting out & Diagnosis ~ CLICK HERE

Male factors ~ CLICK HERE

There is also a 2 week wait ttc naturally board here:

2WW, Ladies in Waiting ~ CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area:

Girl & Boy talk - Community & Fun Board ~ CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our excellent chat room. We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm), where you can meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

You can also "meet" and chat with people in your local area through the Location boards. This is especially useful to find people who may be using the same clinic and or in the same PCT area.

Wishing you lots of luck! ^reiki^

C~x

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hi beegey,

Well done on making your first post!  :)  Don't worry you won't bore anyone on here, its what we're all here for!!

I have been told the same, 'don't worry time is on your side' but thats not what you want to hear is it.  They tell me fertility is affected by the age of us girlies rather than dp but we just need to know that they're taking our feelings seriously that we want to start a family as soon as we can!

Our situation is different to yours as dp had a vasectomy in a previous relationship and we are now waiting to have the reversal op, so since day one of being together we knew what was coming really.

Good luck with everything and stay positive...  ^reiki^

Laura
xxx

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi there

And welcome.  It's scary posting that first message isn't it?  I'm pretty new too, but I'm finding all the friendly advice and support invaluable (and you can rant here as much as you like where you might not be able to in everyday life).

Me and DP have been ttc 2yrs+ now and it's very frustrating.  If I hear one more time someone say I'm young and have time on my side I might scream!  I don't want to have time on my side, I want to be pregnant now!!!

I do hope your blood tests come back with good results and you find a route that suits you both real soon.

As for your signature, go to PROFILE at the top and select FORUM PROFILE INFORMATION from the left hand menu, and there is a section for you to fill out for what you want your signature to say.

Good luck

H xx

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
[color
=#0027ff]Hi beegey and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic place full of advice and support.

I can totally understand where you are coming from, when me and my ex husband were trying for a baby it felt the world and its dog were falling pregnant around me and this site helped me no end. Its great that your DH has been supportive and like your DH, my ex DH had 0% normal SA forms as well. I hope the blood results are normal for you and the next step will be referring you to a fertility clinic where they may scan you to see if there are any other issues. My lap and dye found 3 cysts which were removed. I also got frustrated when doctors and even my family and work colleagues kept telling me to relax!! I wish you loads of luck for the future.

Kate xx[/color]​

1 - 7 of 7 Posts