Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to this site . I have a 10 year old son ,Samuel from a previous relationship who was conceived without even trying!!! Last year I got married, my husband has no children of his own. I just assumed I would fall pregnant easily (ha ha !!) after many unsuccessful months trying we were referred and had many tests which came back ok. I recently had a Lap and had the results 2 days ago to say that I have both blocked tubes (right tube has hydrosalpinx ) and our only way forward is to do IVF  :'( We are both devastated. We are unable to have any free NHS attempts as I would be very low priority as I already have Samuel. We are going to go private with very generous financial support from our parents. I would welcome any advice about how people have managed work issues ie. time off work and juggling tests etc. and especially anyone who may be in the Exeter/Devon area. I would love to hear from anyone in any similar situations for friendship/support.
Many thanks
wishing you all luck
Rachel

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Hello Rachel, Im new to this site also but have found loads of great info in the last couple of weeks. Im 34 with 3 children from a previous marriage ( no problems at all ) and now married for a second time but dh has no children. We are just waiting for an appointment at the assisted conception unit after getting our results a couple of weeks ago ( i have pcos ). Anyway I just wanted to say hi and good luck with everything. Take care Charley xx :) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi Charley, thankyou so much for responding to my post, I really appreciate it . I hope all goes well for you also. I have to wait to have my right tube removed before they will allow us to go ahead with any IVF. It all feels like such a long process and I've only just started out on it !!! :-X
Take care and thanks again , it really helps to hear from people.
Rachel xx :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
It is all such a long process, i have a DD from my previous relationship and my DP also has a DD from a previous relationship when we are in the company of other people with children they always tactfully ask when we are going to have children together and we both laugh and look at each other knowing the crappy details would really shut them up, but its a case of all good things come to those who wait. My daughter 7 keeps coming home from school really cross with me she tells me all her friends are having baby brothers and sisters and that when will it be her turn? I guess its hard for anyone really but when you,ve had a child and watched it grow the most natural thing is to want more, i think i took it for granted. Stay positive silly i know but its all we,ve got xxxxxxxxx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts