Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

Have been looking at your site for weeks, but have only just found the courage to join.  Suppose I was doing ostrich philosophy - don't admit it then it's not happening. 

Me and DH have been ttc for 18 months, and for all this time I have not once had a positive on OPK.  AF regular every month since came off pill.  ^witch^ Finally admitted this to my GP who sent of 21 day prog blood test - all he would say is 'very low'.  He referred me but said it would take a while.

Last week, me and DH went to see a private consultant because I was so upset my Mam paid (bless her :))!  Just by chance I was in the right stage of my cycle so he could take another blood test and has sent this off.  Tomorrow, DH goes in for his 'wiggle test' ^sperm^ as he calls it.  On Monday I'm off for my trans-vaginal scan.

Dr thinks it's me with the problem and reckons he will put me on Clomid  ^eyes^ but wants to do all the tests incase I have PCOS or anything.

I'm really nervous  :-[ about Monday and feel guilty for putting Hubby through it all as well. 

I know my situation isn't as 'desperate' as some of you guys yet, but I just need a bit of reassurance.  Anyone else going through/been through this?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Hey Piglet,

Welcome to FF!  So pleased you decided to join us.

It is really good here and you will get tons of support and advice.

Try not to worry too much about monday as I am sure everything will work out ok.

If you do end up with Clomid, there are some lovely girls on the Clomid baord to 'chat' to.  Good luck xx

Laine x

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Hello Piglet
welcome to FF, you are now officially amongst friends and we will look after you.  Just ask and someone is bound to be able to help.

Don't worry about feeling nervous about all the tests.  We have all been through this in one way or another - whatever our diagnosis, the getting started is always very daunting.  It is right of the docs not to assume anything yet, you and your DH should both get checked out. 

The way to look at this is that you will now be getting some answers after ttc so long with none.  That can only be a positive step forward, when you do know, you may well think it was worse before not knowing.  Once you know what's causing the problem you can do something about it.  Just one step at a time, and try not to panic about what's ahead or go into 'what ifs'.

Please try not to feel guilty about putting your hubby through anything. If you find one thing from this site, it's that there's so many people here with so many issues and very often both partners find out they have fertility issues of one kind or another.  Either way we musn't blame ourselves, infertility is always just one of those things. You're in this together, remember?  From the minute you want to be parents, and hopefully you will be, it's a team effort all the way!  But keep him close and confide in him, and I'm sure you'll do it together and hold each other's hands.

best of luck, and take it easy.

Claire xx

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
Hi Piglet and welcome.  ^wave^

You are in the right place. I was just like you a few months ago so I know how you feel.

Firstly, come and have a nosey on the Clomid girls thread.  All the girls on there are fab and have helped me loads.

Over the past few months I've had similar experinces to you, although I do know I have endometriosis.  I had the blood tests which show my ovulation is low/non existent.  Hubbie had to do a sperm sample (which involved me driving like a madwoman to the lab with it in a pot between my boobs to keep is warm as it was snowing outside  ^roflmao^ !!!).  This came back normal.  I had a hycosy scan with the dye which is similar to what you are having, they put the dye through my tubes to check they were clear.  At first we thought they were blocked but a subsequent laparoscopy proved that they weren't and they were just spasming during the scan.  So now I'm embarking on Clomid to improve ovulation.

All I can say is don't worry.   And I'm sure your hubbie doesn't mind having to do his part either.  There is a lot of options before you that can easily be resolved so don't assume the worst.   

Good luck, hope to chat to you on the clomid board.  Good luck for your tests, I'm sure Monday won't be as bad as you think xxx

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks ladies

Feel better already.

DH went this morning and when he rang me he was actually cracking jokes about the 'material' provided for use!  Now he's going shopping!!

Now I know I've got FF and all of you, I feel it's not going to be as bad as I thought.  At least the support is there, even if success isn't immediate.

Have been looking on the Clomid thread and been on E-bay.  You can get OPK really cheap.  Could do with saving cash at the moment!

Will let you know what happens Monday.  ^surprise^

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.