Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have just regisertered and thought i would introduce myself. I have been TTC for 4 years without any sucess. It all started when my periods had completely stopped and was diagonsed with PCOS. I then went to clomid treatment for 6 months but again no sucess. I was then placed on the waiting list for ICSI as my DH sperm is low. Recently i had to get a blood test done and my prolactin horomone level came back very high at 2905. I have been worried sick that this will affect my ICSI treatment. I am currently 20 on the waiting list. Any advice would be great!! :) :)

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Hi Angie Baby,

Welcome.  I just wanted to say that I had very high prolactin levels.  Stress can cause this (and I am sure I don't need to tell you there is plenty of that with all the tests).  Have they said they will test again?  My levels did drop on further tests and ICSI did work for me.

Good luck and hope you reach the top of the waiting list soon.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hi Angie Baby :) welcome to FF

Wishing you all the best with your tx, hope you're not waiting too long  ^reiki^

Laura xxx

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
^hello^
& Welcome to FF Angie Baby ^hugme^

I'm sorry Im not clued up on Prolactin levels, however after doing a site searc it seems there are a few of you about thats had this issue, some have seen an endocrinologist ??? Ive also found you an outside link ;) I hope these help.
Your consultant can tell you if it will affact your ICSI, but try and do some research in here too.
I am going to leave you some direct links to boards here on FF - that you may or may not have found, I would like to encourage you to post in these areas to build friendships and support from members who really do have an understanding of your situation, You may find there is an active running thread for ladies having treatment at the same clinic as you check both the ICSI & IVF boards as we don't have separate clinic threads for each.

Prolactin Links
http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=133262.0
http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/ate/heartandblood/203252.html

Meanings ~
CLICK HERE

What Every New Member Needs to Know
CLICK HERE

FERTILITY INFO GUIDES
CLICK HERE

Male factors -
CLICK HERE

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time.
The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that.
You will fnd a thread, usually with a funny/inspiring name for this year's buddies. Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment.

For Cycle buddies -
CLICK HERE

ICSI - Questions for your first cycle consultation ~ (use the ones that apply)
CLICK HERE

PCOS
CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area
G&B – Community Fun board
CLICK HERE
You can also chat live in our excellent chat room.
We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm), We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm),
where you can meet other new members and get Chatrrom support
and help to navigate the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

Take some time to look at the help tab too ;)

Check out the Locations boards for where you live & a site search for your clinic ;)

Wishing you Friendship ^fairydust^ & ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
^goodluck^ Dont forget to let us know how you get on!

If you need any help just ask!

~Dizzi~
^willy nilly^

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Hello Angie Baby, sorry I am not clued up on Prolactin levels so can't advise but just wanted to welcome you to Fertility Friends. Perhaps check out the links Dizzi left, or do a site search for Prolactin levels. I was under the general impression that they like them to be lowered before doing IVF but, as I say, I am not clued up on it. I am sure you will find the information you need on FF though.

Good luck! ^reiki^

C~x

·
Premium Member
3,760 Posts
Hi Angie Baby ^wave^ and welcome to FF :)

I'm afraid I don't know anything about prolactin levels but wanted to wish you all the luck in the world for your upcoming treatment - I hope it's a resounding success :)

xx

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Hi Angie baby and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic site full of advice and support and you have been left some great links to try out.

Sorry to read that you have PCOS and that the clomid didnt work for you. Im not clued up on hormone levels but i really hope it can all be sorted ready for when you have treatment and when you do that it brings a positive result.

Kate xx

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Hi Angie and welcome to FF

The guys are great here and you will get a wealth of support

From what i know about prolactin levels (though little  :-[) there will be something causing the rise. Therefore your Dr should have some idea about what this may be and i would be pushing for answers. If your periods have been stopped for a while this may suggest the prolactin levels have been raised for a while - do you know if this is the case? Is this your first prolactin test ? are you taking any other medications ? as some medications are known to raise prolactin levels and any good pharmacist woule be able to discuss current medicatons at potential side effects with you.

I m not sure about situ with icsi hon. push for some answers hon  ^hugme^

Good Luck
Love Hopeful x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts