Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, new to the site. I'm 30 dh is 34. I have a 12 years old from previous relationship - natural. On my 1st IVF cycle (blocked Fallopian tubes) on d8 of 5dt.

i have a rather embarressing problem that is really getting to me throughout this horrible 2ww! I know the advice given to me by the clinic after transfer re sex and orgasms was to avoid for the 2wks. I however had a "strange dream" on Saturday night to which I woke in the middle of the night feeling like I was having the big "O"! - straight after I had this unbelievable cramping pain just above my pubic bone area which seemed to come over in waves of about 3 secs (sec 1 being painful & pain worsening by sec 3) this lasted for about 10 minutes and I am now certain in my mind they were contractions and I've lost the two embies already! I have lost no blood and been fine ever since so I was hoping for any advice that may put my mind at ease (or not as the case may be) I'm due to take the hpt  on Friday and am just in bits at the thought of a stupid dream ruining the whole thing!

saltab
:'(

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Hi saltab

just wanted to welcome you to the site and glad you have found us i hope you will get all the support that you deserve i know i have  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

I see you are on your 2ww day 8 today so all the very best with it and hope you arent going  ^idiot^ ^idiot^ ^idiot^ i am on my 2ww too testing next tuesday xx

Good luck saltab  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Hiya,

Welcome to the site.  I had all sorts of wierd and wonderful 2ww symptoms on both out negative and positive cycles, so I wouldn't read too much into your dream.  Best of luck for testing and let us know how you get on.

Tracy xxx

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Hello saltab, welcome to Fertility Friends. :)

Please try not to worry about your strange problem, It's not at all embarrassing here, trust me and you'd be surprised how manay ladies have an orgasm in their sleep during treatment, or describe similar symtpms to what you are experiencing. As for sex and orgasms durign the 2 week wait - well, advice does seem to be rather mixed on that too with some clinics saying carry on as normal and others advising to avoid. You might find this poll quite helpful:

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=9452.0

Your embryos are snuggled in there nice and tight - one very good description once used by someone on FF was that your uterus is like a jam sandwich - so the chances are that something like this could not displodge them anyway. face it, if having an orgasm did then how on earth would anyone ever get pregnant! You get all sorts fo odd symptoms during the 2ww and you can almost never say one or another is a sure sign of a result because we are all different and all respond to the drugs and procedutres differently. Some ladies will tell you they "knew" their treatment worked but a lot have no idea and in fact, think it hasn't when it had (I did!).
You might find it very helpful to join the other lades on the 2 week wait here:

2WW, Ladies in Waiting ~ CLICK HERE

And here are some more general links to parts of FF you might want toc heck out:

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

Girl & Boy talk - Community & Fun Board ~ CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our excellent chat room. We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm), where you can meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

You can also "meet" and chat with people in your local area through the Location boards. This is especially useful to find people who may be using the same clinic and or in the same PCT area.

Wishing you lots of luck and ^sticky vibes^ . Please do post back on this thread on Friday to let us know the outcome.

C~x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts