Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everybody don't really no where to start. I used to be on the clomid site but have decided to come and join you since I had my laparoscopy 2 weeks ago.

The results weren't good they've told me I will have to have ivf, but there is a three year waiting list! also I'm very dubious about ivf,my husband is more positive than i am.

If anyone who can tell me anything about ivf I would be grateful, I have no friends who have had to have ivf they've all conceived naturally. So feel a bit alone, as they don't really understand!!!

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Hi Rusling
You have come to the right place, all the information you ever wanted and some you never wanted  :eek: will be at your fingertips here.
IVF can be a very very tough process to go through, not really physically but more mentally, but as my DH keeps telling me any % chance that the doctors can offer us is better than no chance.
It is a long wait for you, I have to go privately as there is no NHS funding where I live and the cost for private treatment seems to vary an awful lot but I am paying £2500 + drugs which are anywhere between £500-£1500 per cycle, there are other options to make the treatment more affordable such as egg sharing schemes but you have to fulfill various criterias e.g. be under 35 yrs old.
Is there anything in particular that you are dubious about, if so let us know I am sure that someone on here will have felt the same way at some point and be able to help you overcome your fears.
Take Care
Dydie

·
Registered
426 Posts
  :) it is such a shame about the waiting list, we were the same that is why we decided to go privately in the end, ivf has been a god send for us up to yet,i also have blocked tubes  :) good luck xx

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Rusling

The tx is daunting - but don't be put off if it's right for you.  We had our first IVF last Aug/Sept, and I really did not want to do it.  Had already tried Clomid, IUI and had 2 ops.  But DH was fab - kept v positive the whole time (can't say the same of me as emotionally I was worn out completely after 4.5 years ttc) and persuaded me to go for it.  But v glad we did it - was not as bad as I'd feared - a lot of it sounds worse than it is - and now expecting baby in June.  We decided not to tell friends about IVF as we were in the same boat as you and we felt they would not understand.  Also it felt very personal to DH and me.  They still don't know.  But it does make you feel very alone - we told immediate family and found that a huge relief and support.  NHS was 4 year wait for us - we couldn't really afford it and had to borrow the money, but are v glad we went private as now we'd still be waiting. 

But best of luck - try to stay positive.  I found asking lots of questions helped as the more I knew about what was going to happen the less worried I felt.

Carlyxx

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Rusling,

I feel like a veteran at the IVF game!!  I've had 6 attempts as you'll see from my notes.  Unfortunately we too were unable to be funded by the NHS so we have had to pay privately for every cycle which has been a struggle.  IVF is a definate rollercoaster of emotions but as long as you and DH are prepared you'll be absolutely fine.  Make sure when you see your consultant you ask every question you can think of, it will help!  Or ask anyone on this board as these ladies are great with lots of info for your peace of mind!

I feel very lucky to say that on my 6th attempt we did manage to get that long awaited BFP and everything seems to be going well so far.  It is a constant worry, even when you get this far but I am so glad we never gave up.

I wish you and DH the very best of luck with your future treatment.

Andrea xxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.