Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ladies

Have just taken it easy today, feel a lot better for it too.  Thanks for the advice BB and AB.

AB - hope you are feeling better now - sick, headache and pain, not a nice combo, hope you have a restful weekend and AF arrives sooner rather than later!

Elsbels - Congratulations!  ^blueted^

Here's hoping - wow you're moving along fast, great you have a plan and it's not going to be too intrusive.

Looking forward to BB tonight but have also rented 'Million Dollar Baby'.  Had to remind DH it was about boxing rather than real babies, he gets wound up about anything baby related, it just upsets him.

Kiwichick

·
Registered
840 Posts
Hi girls, couldn't get on here last night, worried me a bit, realised how much I need you all!!! ;D ;D

Nothing much for me to report on me, still chasing up the consultant so nothing new there!  ::)  Last Zoladex on July 18th so 28 days from there and hopefully we will be getting somewhere???

Congrats Auntie Els!! ^babycrawl^

HH You are moving on v fast! Did you ask all the questions that you wanted to? Good luck with it and obviuosly keep us posted!  :-*

Kiwi Hope you are feeling better, and the scar is ok now?  Did you like million doller baby? I saw it at the cinema and bawled my eyes out!!!! :'( :'( :'( Even DH thought it was sad.

Alison Hope you are feeling better too!

Broody Hope you are ok, you sound like a fab friend to have. 

By the way was watching BB on E4 last night v late (I know that is a bit sad isn't it? Couldn't sleep!) and there was loads going on. Makosi and Orlaith topless and snogging everyone! Seems like they are all getting on a bit better now Saskia has gone, or it could be that Criag, Maxwell and Anthony know they'll get nominated if they're not friends ;)  Anyway must watch tonight!

LOL to you all :-*

·
Registered
518 Posts
Els - congratulations, a little nephew, good choice of name too. Hope you got into London ok.

HH - that's great news about not having to have the full on myo. Your recovery time will be so much quicker and it's great that you don't have to wait forever for the op either.

Baxy - I just saw BB tonight and had to watch from behind a hand over my eyes, how cringy was it! And poor old Craig, he obviously fancies that beefcake Anthony, bless. I couldn't get on to the website yesterday either and started to think I was going to lose touch with everyone for ever!

Kiwi - glad you're feeling better and resting up. Did your paddling pool ever arrive btw? I saw a convertible beetle paddling pool in a shop window in Prague and told DH that must be what you'd ordered

Broody - Are we coming into your last week off now? Enjoy it!!

I'm feeling much better thanks, I went home from work at lunchtime on Friday because we were having a bbq and the smell was making me feel like puking and I slept until BBLB at 5:30! I think I might have been tired out because we did a lot of walking in Prague. I sound like a stuck record but still no AF, am supposed to start Norethisterone tomorrow but and still undecided.

Love & kisses to you all, so glad the website's working and I've not lost you all!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Just in case you wonder who the hell Freckles is, it's me - Alison - in a cunning disguise. As I'm going to be posting again on the clomid and possibly the IVF boards I decided I didn't want to use my name as I know other people who use these sites and I don't want to share news of my fertility treatments with everyone I know. Hope I don't sound too paranoid!

Byeeee

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Freckles - I was like, 'Who the hell is Freckles? And how come she's talking to us all like she knows us?'
Very sensible changing your name for those reasons... not paranoid at all! ;)

I work at home, so I actually was back at work within a week. :eek: I didn't have much to do... I'd done an awful lot of prep beforehand so I didn't need to work too hard post op, and it paid off. When I did have to work (at first) DH brought my laptop and a bed tray (the type with legs) and all my files and stuff and I tapped away all day... in my jammies... under my duvet. If only they knew... ;D

Els - Hope you had a lovely time in London meeting baby Edward.
Was he totally cute?

Baxy - What a nice thing to say! Thank you Babes! You don't sound so bad yourself!

Well... about BB... what can I say? What a bunch of tarts! I had a very disapproving face on while I was watching that... I'm getting old! ;D

Kiwi - What a fab film Million Dollar Baby was! Did you enjoy it? Glad to hear you're taking it easy.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I was also confused  ^idiot^ with the freckles, it totally makes sense.  :)  That AF is sure to rear his ugly but wanted head this week - sending AF thoughts to you!

Broody - working from home, that's great, I'm going to do that in my last month.

Baxy - scar is much better now thank you and I think the overhang is subsiding which is a bonus, I may even attempt to wear something other than track suit bottoms and jammies uniform this week!

Ended up having to take MDB back without seeing it because we had friends round so will have to get it out again, especially when you ladies have rated it so highly!

Really looking forward to Wednesday and taking off the surgical stockings aaahhh....- it will be 4 weeks since the meo myo which means time to start swimming in the local pool up the road - £13 a month for unlimited swimming - bargain!

Talking of swimming my paddling pool is in his box because the weather hasn't been up to much and the garden needed a little tidy.  Roll on the good weather!
^sunny^

Kiwichick

·
Registered
840 Posts
I know what you meant freckles (cool name btw) I thought I'd lost you all!!  ^bow^

Kiwi I can't believe you've been wearing those god awful stockings for so long!!, you deserve a medal just for that.  All that swimming too, you are going to be so fit by then end of your time off ^Exercise!1^

Freckles I just wanted you to know that two people quite close to me have just got their BFP on clomid.  I have a feeling for all of us girls on here that it's going to go right for us. It blooming well has to! ;D

Broody, thanks for that too!  :-*

DH has been hassling the hospital, so glad he does cos I don't think I've got the energy! Apparrantly our notes were at another hospital ??? But now they are there and we need to ring back tomorrow when they will be at the top of his in tray! And finally might get a date for this lovely myo! ;)

What can you say about BB??? Can you remember the days with Paul and Helen saying "stuff" and even Jades BJ with PJ was MASSIVE news?!! How it has changed! ;D
Must go and watch tonight's now!
LOL XX

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi girls!

I haven't disappeared - just working a bit too hard at the moment (only just finishing).  Hopefully I'll be able to dedicate a bit more time to the board when dh is back from NZ.

Freckles - I know exactly what you mean about the name change.  I've realised how easily identifiable I am from my messages!  Oh well, if someone I know is nosey enough to read this then they can hardly 'fess up to it can they?

Must go and watch BB now so that I know what you're all talking about!

Els XX

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Good Morning ladies!

Not much to reprt here today except that I am feeling a million times better and even did some yoga yesterday!

Kiwi - I'm so impressed you have been swimming already, I feel like such a lazy lump now! ;D I've found myself a new pool not so far from here which is a lot longer than the one I used to use and I'm going to get back into it either at the end of this week or the beginning of next.

I cannot BELIEVE how long you had to keep the dreaded stockings on either. You deserve a medal!

Els - Ooohhh... you work far too hard... I hope you get a little more slack soon so you can come and chat with us! LOl!

Baxy - Why were your notes at another hossy? ??? Should I even ask? ::) Sometimes I'm amazed these ppl ever get anything done! Good on your DH for giving them some grief!

Freckles - You master of disguise you! I don't know what you should do about the Norethisterone, but I was surfing a wee bit yesterday and came across the explanation of how it (and P4 - Progesterone) works to bring on AF. You might know this already, but in case you don't:

It raises the P4 levels in your blood and then when you stop taking it, the sudden fall in your bloodstream triggers AF. So if you haven't popped an eggie, your body won't be producing P4 - there will be no fall and that's why you've not had an AF.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

PS: The Eat Right 4 Your Type book, ohhh... the wee man who wrote it just says that Type O's should eat loads of meat. ??? I'll go and see if he says anything about Type O vegetarians.

Am I the only Type A on the board? I've been telling everyone my blood type and so far I am the only type A I know. It's not a rare blood group either... :-\

·
Registered
198 Posts
Grrrr! AF arrived today and so I rang up to book my open-myo for two weeks' time.

I was really hoping to have the surgery in mid-July as it's a quiet time at work and we don't have much going on socially. I want to be well enough for our holiday to Japan in late August.

Turns out that there's nothing available before August, which probably means we can't have the surgery until September or need to cancel the (Airmiles) holiday. Boo hoo.

I probably sound incredibly impatient. Was just really looking forward to getting the fibroid out of the way as soon as possible.  :(

Do you think I'm trying to fit in too much too soon?

Lots of love and best wishes to you all. HH xx  ^cat^

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Hey there HH.
I think it's natural and completely normal to want it all over and done with asap - and who wouldn't be peed off with having to cancel a holiday to Japan? I'm sorry it's worked out this way and I hope that it all works itself out for you.

Just had a thought, have you tried any of the other consultants? Maybe they have a slot in their theatre time that would suit you better.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi girls, sorry for my grumpy outburst yesterday - must have been AF talking!

Broody - thanks for your understanding words. Will look into other options today and let you know how I get on.

Really pleased to have you all here. xxxx

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hi Ladies I need some advice.

I went to see my gp this morning as I've had the squits for 3 weeks since I took the antibiotics for my tooth. I've been hoping it will go away by itself but it hasn't. Anyway he wanted to prod my tummy to see if it was swollen and he said, 'well your stomach is fine but why can I feel your womb? It's huge'. And it really hurt when he was prodding it.

I left the gp's fighting back the tears and am still feeling quite emotional because I'm gutted that I've had a myo but still have a a 'huge' womb. It could just be that way because I've not had af for 9 weeks but then it could be the remaining fibroids. And maybe I should go on zoladex while I'm waiting to go to the fertility people. I don't know whether I should email my consultant to ask him, but I don't want to be a nuisance - but then I thought it was strange that he didn't examine me after the op so he has no idea of what size it is or anything. What should I do?

HH - sorry to hear your news. It's perfectly normal to feel that you want the op asap especially if it means cancelling hols.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Freckles - Are you having a lot of pain in your uterus without someone prodding it?  The reason I ask is because I know that one of the 'dangers ' of having a myo can be the womb (or the wounds in the muscle wall where your fibroids were) filling with blood.  (That's what my surgeon put a drain in mine to prevent).  That is worst case scenario, but if it is the case - then it is easily fixed.

Please get on to your consultant right away - not just for this, but for anything you are worried about.  That is what they are there for - it's their job... and you will be in no way unreasonable to ask them for information (esecially if you are worrying).  If he implies that you are a nuscience - then that's his problem.  He will get over it.  ^bigbad^

My DH had really bad squits for 2 weeks after we were in India.  It really drained him, so you must be feeling much the same way.  ^Cuddle^  What did your GP give you?  Whatever it is I hope it works. 

HH - Good luck with the other options.  I hope you find someone who can do it at a time to suit you. 

·
Registered
267 Posts
Freckles

I really think you should email your man, no way are you a nuisance.  I'm sorry that you are having such a bad time, you don't really need this especially after having had the op and the AF issue. I'm not a doctor obviously but I am sure your 'huge womb' is related to not having AF for so long, also if you have had the runs for 3 weeks then things are all probably a bit mushed up and confused down there. It's your body and you have every right to push to get some answers - I am on my soap box today!  Fibroid sufferers unite!  :)

Hang in there!

Kiwichick

·
Registered
267 Posts
Broody, what was your first AF like after the myo?

Kiwichick

·
Registered
518 Posts
Wow - that was a quick response, thanks girls. I'll go home and get his email address at lunchtime. I know I shouldn't hesitate about checking but I don't want him thinking I'm neurotic.

The gp thought the squits were down to the antibiotics and I'll just have to wait for it to run its course (no pun intended!) I've got to give them a sample, yeuch just to check there aren't any nasty bugs.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Dear Freckles,

I think Broody's advice about seeking further medical advice and reassurance is exactly right.

You may also like to consider some acupuncture and/or chinese herbs? I've been having it for about 6 months and it helps to get periods back on track, relieves PMS symtoms and helps to counteract any fertility treatment side effects.

What I think is so interesting about acupuncture is that a good practitioner will tell you what's going on in eastern terms and they treat your symptoms in a completely different way to the western methods of drugs and surgery.

I think it's just useful to have both eastern and western methods at your disposal. I'm sure just one or two visits would ease/fix your squits and make you feel more relaxed. I'm happy to recommend you someone (in London) and he's just great at listening and making you feel so much better.

Hoping you feel much better soon.
HH xx

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Freckles - You go girl! You get on that 'phone and squeeze him 'til his pips squeak! ^bigbad^ Ask him about everything you're worried about and request that he gets back to you touts suit 'cos you are very concerned! ;D

You've been thru' enough love - you don't need any more crap on top!

Kiwi - My first AF post myo was bang on time (maybe a day or so early) and it was a fair bit lighter than my normal - but still quite heavy IYKWIM? I didn't have any clots except really itty bitty little ones and it lasted about 4 days.

My surgeon told me that the first AF post myo would be the heaviest and that after that, things would settle down and I could expect lighter ones.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.