Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hi girls,

Thanks for your support. I'm feeling better again today. I'm just not very patient, that's my problem! I've got a busy w/e and then I'm going away for a few days - it'll help me to think about something else I think. I think I sit right at home with that list of glamourous mothers with PCOS - posh, louise, jools and freckles!

The pains and spotting stopped last night, not sure what that was all about. Did an opk and got a -ve. I'm charting my temps but they're 36.2 every day. this seems low to me, what is everyone else's like?

BG - Sorry about your left tube. I didn't realise until recently that the tubes can reach across and collect eggs from the opposite ovary, so things should still work ok shouldn't they? You're right about my consultant, I need to focus on the +ve things - someone reviewed the clinic on this site and it was the only one to get 9.5/10.

Baxy - you are def, def, not stupid for feeling the way you do. Hopefully you've got something nice planned for the w/e and you can start next week afresh, knowing you haven't got long to go. You've done really well waiting this long esp with the messing around you've had.

Els - it's funny picturing you venturing off down to the bottom of the garden to speak to us. Pleeaasse don't work too hard!

Kiwi - loved the locking out story. I've got such a funny image of you in my mind coz you keep saying you've got wild hair - I'm sort of picturing a banshee! Lucky you weren't in your jim jams. Sounds like we could be IUI buddies then. It's a shame you can't go for it naturally but at least with fertility treatment it's the quickest way to get a result, that's how I feel anyway. Sod dilly dallying around with bms and pass me the baster!!

HH - It's good to hear you sounding so +ve in the run up to the op, I'm sure it will help you make a quick recovery. I'll be thinking about you on Monday. Any more questions and we're all here to share our experiences. xxxxxxx

Have a good w/e everyone. BB eviction night to night - bye bye Orlaith and your plastic boobies!!

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Freckles - I've been charting a loooong time, and I'm a Scientist by profession, so I warn you in advance - if you get me started on the finer points of charting - you may live to regret it! You know Eugene out of BB? I can be a bit like him... or that guy in the advert for friendly bacteria... anorak and all.
;D

I think your temps are fine (mine are usually about 36.4ish pre-ov) and the fact that they are so steady is a really good sign... but I think you should check that your thermometer isn't dodgy - JIC. I like the Boots fertility thermometer, it measures to 2dp and it lasts for ages.

Do you publish or host your charts anywhere? If so, you can share them and I could have a look. ^reiki^

·
Registered
840 Posts
OMG Broody I can feel a chart session going to go on soon!! I have never done it myself but I just know I will when I get back to ttc'ing!! Beware....  I am going to be asking lots of questions if you are an anorak!!! ;D I'm gonna need all the help I can get ;D

Freckles, glad you are feeling a little bit better. I think we all know what you mean about not being v patient :)

I turned the computer on to see if me and DH could get a late availability holiday and look where I end up!! I think I am getting addicted! DH asking if there are any good ones, I say only my broid buddies!! Must get on with it really, we NEED a holiday! ^sunny^

Have a lovely weekend girls xx

·
Registered
518 Posts
Broody - A scientist eh! I'm really impressed with anyone who can get their head's around that sort of thing -  I didn't even manage to get biology GCSE! Do you still wear your white jacket and goggles when you come on FF! I didn't know that it was possible to host my temp charts, it's probably not worth it at the moment though. I charted a few times before the myo when I was on clomid but the graph paper I had was only for a 30 day cycle so I stopped when I ran out of squares, the temps didn't really change either because I wasn't ov'g. The battery ran out on my thermometer this month so there are a few days missing - but it might be worth you looking at next month's for me once the metformin's had a chance to work.

Baxy - I'm with you on the obsession. Thing is no-one else really gets how we're feeling at the moment so we need each other on here. If I didn't have this board I think I'd have gone mad by now! Where are you thinking of going for your hols?

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Baxy - You can ask as many charting qus as you like and if I can aswer them - I will!
Good luck with the holiday hunting! You lucky devil you!

Freckles - I actually wear my anorak and my bottle-bottom specs while I'm on FF. That and a pair of very sensible shoes...

There are LOADS of s/ware packages on the market for charting. You can usually get free trial periods with them and what I did was chart for about 3 months or so on paper and then get a free trial. They last about a fortnight, but if you put a few months' worth of data on there - it gives you a chance to get a good 'feel' for it before you buy it.

HH - Thinking of you. Sending you big cyber hugs and positive hum diggy diggy thoughts for tomorrow. You are going to be just fine and you are going to heal really well. GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm only away for 5 minutes and there are about three pages of messages and we've moved to a new home!

Back down the bottom of the garden (think of me as the FF resident gnome...).

It's quite exciting to see the Board move on from pesky ops and onto the next stage.  Not long until Baxy and HH join us and we'll all have much happier uteruses!  No idea what the plural of uterus is - do you think it is uteri?

You girls make me giggle out loud!  What with Kiwi dodging fares on the buses, BG with her **** on display and everything else that is going on!  It's amazing what an interesting bunch we are  ;D

BG - Sorry to hear about your left tube.  However, one tube is more than enough for the job so don't go worrying yourself over it.  I'm sure the right hand side will be a feisty critter and do the job for you!

HH - Will be thinking of you tomorrow.  As soon as you can get back online then let us know how it went...

Baxy - Let us know where you are going on hols - just make sure there is an internet connection  :)

Hi to everyone else!!

Els XX

·
Registered
198 Posts
Dear 'broid buddies,

^hello^ Wow you girls are online over the weekend too. I am also quickly becoming addicted!

You will never guess who I bumped into on Friday evening. Thought I'd pop into my local trendy hair salon to get a tidy-up before my op and who should I be sat next to, but ........................ my surgeon!!!!!!!!!! ^idiot^

Whoah! Talk about two worlds colliding! And what's a "mature" man doing in a trendy hair salon?! It's about as unlikely as seeing your dad in there.

Now this is even more remarkable because the hosp that I'm going into tomorrow is NOWHERE near the hair salon. I did a double-take and then decided to say hi to my consultant. I told him that I'd be seeing him on Monday morning (not knowing if he knew me or not). After our respective hair cuts (he doesn't have that much hair!  ;)) I jokingly asked him not to drink too much red wine over the weekend so that he can be in good form on Monday. It turns out that he lives in the same suburb as me.

I think this bodes well for tomorrow. I find him quite a nice man and I think he definitely won't forget me now! But it's a bit weird that he's seen inside my insides and then you bump into him down the high street!

Not as funny as Kiwi's and Broody's stories, but this really surprised me!

I'm all set for tomorrow (but I ate ANOTHER entire packet of muesli bars before they made it to the hosp! ^oops^). And am still feeling quite calm, tho I think I'll start to feel nervous once I get gowned up. Roll on quick recovery so that I can get logged back onto you gals!  I hope to be back online on Wed.

All love to and best wishes to you.
HH xx  ^cat^

PS Els - I'm voting for "uteri"  ;D

·
Registered
840 Posts
You girls and your stories, I have so many visions of you all!  ^roflmao^

HH, just wanted to wish you extra extra luck for tommorrow. I will be thinking of you and want to hear all about it when you can get back on! ^goodluck^ 

Got my letter from the hospital confirming Aug 24th for my op so I think it is all go for then! Won't totally believe it I think until they are wheeling me down!!  Feeling a bit apprehensive about it all, but I hope I'll get through it all as well as you girls have done  :)

No idea when or where we are going on holiday yet, keep looking at all the internet sites and getting nowhere, hopefully it'll be in the sun somewhere! Trying to go next weekend, can't wait ^sunny^

LOL xxx

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Els - It does sound like a feisty wee critter, doesn't it? Here's hoping it keeps itself v.busy! ;)

HH - Hello our little muesli munching fiend. ;D I found your hairdresser adventure particularly funny 'cos I know your surgeon and you're right - he doesn't have much hair! ;D I mean... why bother?
(ohhh... I am evil... I'll go to hell...
)

GOOD LUCK FOR TOMORROW!

Baxy - YAY! August 24th! That's not long at all! And then we'll all be done and bonking all over the place like dervishes!

I was sooo worried about my op... honestly, I was bricking it! But like I've said before - it's the anticipation beforehand that's the worst. Once it's done you just get on with it. You'll be fine! You can always come here and ask about any concerns you have and we'll all help you out.

Once it's all over, you'll be glad you had it done - don't forget that when you're feeling really scared. ^Cuddle^

Okay - I'm off to make me dinner... Catch you ladies later.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Here's Hoping - that's so funny that you saw your consultant having is hair done. At least he'll be looking his best when he's operating on you tomorrow, just a shame you won't be able to appreciate it! I'll be thinking of you and sending you positive thoughts, not that you're going to need them. Speak to you when you're back with us. xxxxx

Baxy - I'm so pleased that you've finally got a date - and it's only a month away.  You can go on holiday and forget about it all for a couple of weeks now can't you? Did you get the HSG situation sorted out?

BG - I hope the anorak comes off for bms - unless that's how dh likes it eh?!
Thanks for the charting tips, will look into it for next cycle.

Hi to Kiwi and Els.

Had my butt clenched during BB tonight. Craig is going to be mortified when he watches the footage of himself drunk and as for poor old AnTHony, bless.... Talking of my butt, the metformin s/e seem to be wearing off, I fell asleep at a bbq yesterday I felt so drowsy and sick but today I'm fine - long may it continue. I'm working my way through the opks, but no +ve yet (today's cd 12).

I'm away from tomorrow and I don't think I'm going to have internet access 
:(. So I'll catch up with all the news next weekend. Hope you all have a good week.

xx

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi 'broid buddies,

Hi Freckles - yes, I hadn't considered the point that he was surely getting his hair done JUST to look good for me tomorrow  ;D Have a good and restful few days off. And good luck with everything. Where are you off to? Anywhere glam? ('cos one day before long, you'll be a yummy mummy;))

Hi Baxy - I'm also really pleased you've got a date. So reassuring to see it in writing. Hopefully they don't move the date around 'cos you're probably getting mentally prepared for it to happen then. I've spent the past month stocking up on the girls' suggested list of items, choosing DVDs and books I want to get through and clearing my workload. And eating muesli bars!!! (I wish there was a munching icon!)

Hi Broody - thanks for your wishes. You really are a sweetie.

Hi Els - one day, when I grow up, I'd like a healthy uterus just like yours  ;) I hope you're feeling well.

Hi Kiwichick - how is your tum? When do you think you might start IUI? I've had two this year (2x BFNs unfortunately - but prob due to 'broid). But I'm very happy to share any advice or lend an ear. We missed you online this weekend!

LoL to you all. Hopefully catch you on Wed.
HH xx  ^cat^

·
Registered
198 Posts
PS Tons of love and thanks to you all for my good luck wishes for tomorrow. I feel extremely well looked after by you gals. xxxxx

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
HH should be 'done' by now and be back in her room. I've been thinking about her all morning... ^reiki^ I found these and thought of our little museli bar munching member:

Freckles - What are we going to do without you for a whole week? :eek: You know what? We are cycle buddies 'cos I'm CD12 today as well. ^reiki^

I'm having a bit of a pooey day... I've got the day off work... so I can paint the back bedroom.
Ever been toiling away at a job all day thinking you'd rather be at the swimming... or reading a book?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hey ladies

I've also been thinking of HH and her surgeon with the new barnet..very funny.  I'm sure she will be just fine today! My fingers are crossed!  ^spin^

Have been quiet on the board this weekend, fairly big night out on the razz on Saturday meant for a sore head yesterday.  ^eyes^
I think it's important to have small blow outs every now and then especially when we might not be able to soon - fingers crossed we'll all be on the mineral waters by Christmas!  So back to healthy kiwi today, swimming this morning followed by some light yoga and healthy breakfast..a little different to the champagne cocktails and fish and chips on the way home in the weekend!  ;D

Broody, the only good thing about painting/DIY is you can actually see progress which I find satisfying. I have been going great guns with my knitting but have got stuck on some complicated stitches on a paw - I am knitting a bunny for another friend having a baby......so now have to wait to talk to my Mum to be talked through the new world of knitting language! She is in NZ, so will have to wait until tonight....ho hum...

Hi to everyone!  :)

Kiwichick

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hello girls!

I was wondering why we don't get many newbies on this board?  Surely there are women all over the place having myomectomies?  As this was the only place I found any info I'm surprised there aren't more people logging on.  Maybe they just read what we have written but don't join in?

Am at the bottom of the garden cooking the books :)

Hope HH is recovering well - looking forward to having her back and telling us how it has gone.

Am off to visit nephew Ed this weekend.  I saw him on the webcam the other day and he has grown so much already.  My sister is still struggling with it all - very scary to see how much the little scrap of a thing has knocked her life for six!!

Love to you all - back soon!

Els

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hey Els

I think you are right about people just reading but maybe too scared to join in, I hope we haven't scared anyone off!  Any newbies reading please join in!  ::)

You are lucky being able to visit your nephew, I haven't met my niece yet as she is in NZ, she will be 1 in September..hopefully I will meet her before she goes to school!  ;)

Have mastered the paws last night on my bunny and have just finished the ears and tail.....the head is next and it's in three different parts..tricky...  :)

Hope HH is recovering post op OK and her surgeon is still looking cool with his new hairdo!  ;D

Kiwi

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I had been wondering the same thing about newbies... maybe we seem like too tight knit a group...
No pun intended Kiwi! ;D

Els - Hello our little resident FF gnome! Ohhh... I wish someone I knew had a baby I could cuddle!
I very rarely get to cuddle a baby!

Kiwi - Well done on mastering the paws! You'll need to take a picture of this masterpiece and let us see it!

I'm still painting... The first coat is done and you know when you pick a colour and you think, It's a risk... it could look fantastic... or it could be minging... The jury is still out...

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ladies

Small milestone, managed to get my jeans on today - Week 7 in the Big Operation house.  Having said that when I look down there is kind of a man package shape lying crossways as my tummy is still swollen with the attractive overhang! Nice.......  ???

Will definitely post the bunny's picture, having to re-do the feet as I misread the instructions but then it's all systems go, apparently I have to stuff him with hair rollers!  ^bunny^

Hello to everyone, HH must be back tonight...

Kiwi

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Good meuning... (said in my best 'Allo 'Allo voice)

Kiwi - Yay! Pre-op jeans! Don't worry about the overhang, it'll go away... well - it gets smaller! Great milestone though!

I went out for the afternoon with my friend yesterday. We went to the shops and had lunch... lots of girly chat and looking at make-up etc. It was great! ;D Just what I needed! I told her about the m/c and she just looked horrified - like run away horrified! ::) She didn't know what to say at all, she just sat there and pulled a face - you know the one where the eyebrows hit the hairline and the bottom lip gets stuck out ::). (Even the Dr who did my scan made the same face! It seems to be the universal response when you tell someone you have had a loss.) Anyway, I wished I had just kept it to myself IYKWIM, it's obviously just not comfortable for ppl to talk about (although wayward boyfriends who refuse to commit and have erection problems evidently are... ::)

Hope all you ladies are well.

HH - I'm still thinking of you and sending you big hugs. Hope everything has gone hunky dory for you!

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.