Not open for further replies.

New Fibroid Board Part 4

11K views 101 replies 8 participants last post by  Lilly 
#1 ·
Hi Girls

New Home goodluck  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Love always lilly xxx

#2 ·
Oh Lilly!  Don't worry about us just make sure your friend's on the mend!!

I won't be able to make it next week though as I will be in deepest darkest North Wales visiting the in-laws - have fun without me!!

Els XX

#3 ·
Lilly, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I hope it's nothing too serious and that she gets better soon.
just make sure your friend is okay and we'll sort smth out when you can think about it. The chat room will always be there for us, it's not going anywhere.

#4 ·
Hi girls,

Looks like our little chat was doomed! I couldn't get onto the site for some reason. It kept saying it was opening the page but then nothing happened.

Lily - sorry to hear about your friend and hope everything is ok now.

Baxy - good luck for today, I hope it's shrunk. ^reiki^ They couldn't take all of mine out because the zoladex had made them turn mushy and I was losing too much blood. He said he hadn't seen the mush effect before but everyone responds differently to drugs so he wasn't overly surprised.

Els - you're boss sounds like an  ^shake^! I'm not surprised you're annoyed with him. Anyway 6 weeks absence in a year is nothing compared to the amount of time some people take off for far less than major flipping surgery!

Hi to everyone else I need to get back to work!!

#5 ·
Hi Girls

Thank you all for your lovely messages my friend is ok thank you was just sent to a&e for bloods which took forever to come back and they wouldnt et us go till they come back but thank god all is well and he is at home i can do chat anytime girls and cant wait to do it with you girls as your all lovely hope you are all doing well chat soon

love always lilly xxx

#6 ·
Hi girls

Just sitting at work waiting til I can go to the hossy.  :(  I have got an awful feeling of dread that it won't have shrunk.... I have had to have the zoladex (those of you girlies that asked!) as my fibroid is pushing on the opening of my tubes and he wanted to shrink it away from them as he was worried that he'd end up sewing up my tubes  ^scared^  But was speaking to my gynae uncle and he said there are ways around it, think I've got a cons that wants it all to be easy??? 

Anyway girls hope you are all ok?

Will check back in later for longer xxx

#7 ·
Lilly - Glad all is okay with your friend. GRRRR to being stuck in A&E for ever! ^bigbad^

Baxy - Don't fret! I'm sure it will have shrunk, but your fears are all perfectly normal. GOOD LUCK FOR TODAY! I've got all me fingers and toes crossed for you!

#8 ·
Baxy

Sending you big hugs for today!!  If it is near a tube then I can understand why he wants to shrink it a bit.  One of my fibroids (which wasn't known about until I was opened up) was near my left tube and the consultant said afterwards that he "didn't think it had been compromised" which didn't sound very reassuring at the time!  Better safe than sorry I suppose.

XXX

#9 ·
Hey girls your shrinking vibes worked!! 

My lovely left tube def filled and spilled (what a lovely sight!!) and she thought my right tube did too!!!! She was really lovely and showed me everything on the screen (which my last one didn't) Def spillage on the left and it looked like a little spillage on my right.  I thought it must be doing something cos it hurt like hell when she did it, she said it was prob when my left tube burst open and the dye shot through!! ;D

Thankyou all girls, for your thoughts and finger crossing!!  :-*
Just wait and see now tomorrow that the cons thinks I'm good to go for next Wednesday. So any chance you could keep those fingers crossed for another day or so?!  ;)

Lots of love to you all  :-* :-*

#10 ·
'Course there is!  That's FANTASTIC news!  I will keep everything crossed for you and will be sending you +ve hum diggy diggy vibes from now until you are all done and healing up beautifully.  ^reiki^

#11 ·
Baxy

That is great news,  ^dancing spot^ well done, fingers crossed for your appt.

Kiwichick

#12 ·
Yay Baxy. Really please for you and of course I can keep everything crossed for a little while longer!

#14 ·
^furios^I'm so annoyed. Our buyers have pulled out on our house. Just as we'd organised mortgage, solicitors etc.. ^furios^ They came around again last week and were asking about lamp shades and curtains, why waste our time. Oh it makes me so mad.  ^bigbad^ I really thought our luck might be changing, new house now, new baby next, but no. Sorry for moaning- needed to get that off my chest.

#15 ·
Oh Freckles!!  I'm so disappointed for you.  Looking on the bright side it sounds like they may well have been awkward buggers so rather they pull out sooner than just before exchange.

I now have everything crossed for Baxy (come on consultant, make our day!!) and Freckles (may another buyer turn up tomorrow).

I am at the bottom of the garden again and there is a huge spider on the wall and dh is off at rugby training - eeeeek!  Will have to fly through my work and get out of here...

Els XX

#16 ·
Hi, thought I'd check out the fibroid thread, even tho i don't suffer from them, But Freckles invited me 2 b an honorary "fibroid friend". Hope u all don't mind. I have found this site 2 b a godsend and Freckles has been so supportive to me, i just wish i'd found it sooner! Hope u don't mind me joinin in and i am lookin 4ward 2 gettin 2 know u all.
Love Zebra x

#17 ·
Welcome Zebra! The more the merrier!  :)

Els - hope you got away from that spider!  ^smash^

Freckles - major bummer re the house, did they give a reason?  This is just a small set back, if they put in an offer then someone else will too.  We put an offer a place in the weekend and it got rejected, even got our builder around there and everything to price up the work that needed doing....oh well....

Baxy - continuing to have my fingers crossed for you.  The tube opening bit sounded amazing, kind of like a dam bursting.  It's a shame it hurt but a fantastic outcome, good luck!

HH - hope you are still recovering nicely in this nice weather.  ;)

Hi to Broody, hope you're OK.  :)

Did anyone else have increased pain/mood swings turning to anti-christ tendencies when they ovulated after their myo? My hormones are all over the place, leading to and during AF which is lighter so that's good and then ovulation pains, not sure what that's about.

And I don't know if it's because normal life hasn't totally resumed post op and the fear of accidently getting pregnant before the 3 months makes it more exciting but my libido is going crazy.  Poor DH has gone away for a few days and is worried he going to come home to find strange men in the house!  ^evil^

Kiwichick

#18 ·
First off Hello and big welcome Zebra!!! ^hello^ We'd love to have you as a honorary fibroid friend!! Let us know your story. :-*

And girls I heard from my cons and...................................................it's all go for next week!!!!!!! I can't quite believe it!! All your finger crossing and ^reiki^ really worked, thanks guys!!! After all this time it is actually going to happen! I have been reading all our last threads, esp when you all went in for your myos to try and get all the tips that I need!

Can all you expert myo girls answer just a few more questions for me?
How long is the op?
How many days were you in hospital in total?
How long did you all have off work?
When will I feel like I am getting a bit back to normal?
Were you resting in bed or on the sofa when you got home?!!? ;D
Anything apart from the usual do I need to take with me?
Anything else you can think of will be hugely appreciated!!!! :)

I'm not sure exactly how I am feeling at the moment, a bit scared but also a tiny bit looking forward to it? Is that weird?? I just finally feel like we are getting somewhere, bit closer to that bubba! I am also really pleased that it confirmed to me that it was the fibroid that was blocking my tubes, after what the registrar told me that it couldn't possibly be, I always had it at the back of my mind that he might have been right.(What I would like to say to that registrar can't be printed here, if he had done his job in the first place ^censored^) I know we've got a long way to go but at least we are making a step!

Freckles I know how stressful house moving is without any more added stress, I can't believe what some people are like, fingers crossed that another buyer turns up quick smart! ^jumpin^

Kiwi, you go girl!!! You jump on your man when he gets back!! Getting pg before your 3 months wouldn't be too bad would it?? ^evil^ ^evil^

Hi to all you other lovely girls, thanks for all your finger crossing and thoughts.

P.S Has HH gone to Japan? Either that or she's gone v quiet!

#19 ·
Baxy

That is great news, what a relief, I imagine the looking forward to it bit is just wanting to move on and get onto the next stage..... ^BMS^

To answer your questions...
How long is the op? Mine was supposed to be around an hour/hour and a half but ended up being three hours because I had so many fibroids.

How many days were you in hospital in total? I was in for five which I think is longer than normal, I did need it because of the long op though.  I was up walking like a granny the next day after the catheter was out.

How long did you have off work? I have three months, my con is very cautious and it turns out he was right, I was no way ready to go back even after two months - I have a three hour commute. It's 10 weeks today since the op and I am working from home, going back mid Sept after a weeks holiday.  I recommend having a wee holiday even a weekend away to look forward to.

When will I feel like I am getting a bit back to normal? Once again I am not a standard case so for me probably around 7 weeks post op.

Were you resting in bed or on the sofa when you got home? Both, I went between the two with little walks around the house to break it up.  Keeping mobile is really important but so is not overdoing it!  :)

Hope this helps.

Kiwichick

#20 ·
Baxy

Hurrah for next week.  Our final op is on the cards!!  Here are the answers to your questions...

How long is the op?  My op lasted about 1.5 hours.  However, my dh wasn't told I was in recovery so make sure they let yours know when you are out.  He thought I was being operated on for over 3 hours and all of a sudden I was back and awake!

How many days were you in hospital in total? I was in for four nights in total.

How long did you all have off work? I had six weeks off work which was fine for me.

When will I feel like I am getting a bit back to normal?  I felt quite sprightly after about 2 weeks.

Were you resting in bed or on the sofa when you got home?!!?  I was on the sofa from day one - far too boring in my bedroom.

Kiwi - You saucy girl!  DH won't know what's hit him on his return :)

Zebra - Great to have you with us.  As Kiwi said - let us know your story.

Hi to everyone else...

Els XX

PS Spider didn't eat me alive thank gawd!

#21 ·
Hi girls, here is my story......................

Will have been married for 7 years this coming October. Was diagnosed with PCOS about 7 years ago but have probably had it 4 like eleven years, thats when my periods started to go up the left and stop for months on end. This is also when i started to gain weight around my middle!! Finally got diagnosed after havin internal scans, blood tests and "menstrual cycle monitoring". Was put on dianette 2 control it and regulate my period. I was then diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis after my joints started to become inflammed and very painful. Was put on medication 4 that, mainly steriods and NSAID's which treated the inflammation and also stopped the disease spreading. We started ttc in 2001. Tried naturally 4 about a year or so as my Dr told me not 2 come near her 2 discuss tx until we had been tryin 4 a year!!! So, the year was up an i went 2 c her. She then said she wud send me 4 an internal scan (got an appointment SIX months away), then maybe wait a while, do another scan and then refer me to the fertility clinic!! It was then that i decided to take things into my own hands. A friend of mine had had two children through OI (she has PCOS 2) and she gave me the name and number of her consultant. I phoned him on  a Monday, went 2 c him on the wednesday, had a scan the following thursday and started Clomid 2 weeks later! It cost £170 4 the appointment and the scan, plus he arranged 4 my husband 2 b tested, and it was the best £170 i have ever spent! So, did the clomid for six months under his supervision (i had 2 phone him at HOME and keep him up to date of what was happenin) all of which were unsuccessful. He then put me on his waiting list (NHS) for OI and i started it two months later. I am now on my 13th cycle of OI and i am waiting for an appointment to discuss IUI and IVF with him. Tomorrow will b my last day of injections then its lots of BMS, so fingers crossed. As for the arthritis, because we r ttc i cannot have certain meds, so it has gotten worse and spread 2 most joints. The only med i am on is diclofenac, which is an anti-inflammatory, but i am not taking anything 2 prevent it from gettin worse, so i need to get pregnant asap! Arthritis goes into remission during pregnancy so i don't need 2 worry about not being able 2 take drugs then. So, thats my story! Hope that gives u a bit of an insight into what is goin with me................
Love Zebra x

#22 ·
Welcome Zebra - glad you decided to join us. These girls will look after you good and proper.

Baxy - that's excellent news so pleased the myos here at last!

Your questions:
I'm not sure how long it took, it was longer than it was supposed to be because I lost a lot of blood because I had af and my womb had inflated to a 26 week pregnancy but with your shrunken 'broid I'm sure that won't affect you.

I was in for 6 days but that was because I had a blood transfusion and reacted badly to the antibiotics.

They got me to stand up the next day but I needed oxygen! It's amazing how quickly you recover though, the next day I could make it to the loo, the day after up the corridor and the day after that I did a lap of the hospital!

I was off work for 6 weeks. In sofa and bed - I went and stayed with my Dad and in-laws so I had company and someone to make me lunch and dinner! If you do too much your body will let you know afterwards. Expect to be tired out and to have a few emotional days - just go with it and don't be hard on yourself, your body will be trying to rebalance itself.

Hope that helps - if I think of anything else I'll let you know.

Kiwi - or should we call you horny chick. The reason they gave for pulling out of the house was that she'd discovered she was pg and so they're parents had given them more money for a bigger house. It's so obviously a lie (this is the 2nd house they've backed out on now) but the pg thing made it feel worse somehow. Anymore news with the offer you made?

HH & Broody - you're both quiet. Hope everything's ok.

Hi Els - glad you escaped the spider. Now we're not crossing everything for Baxy do you want us to make a voodoo doll of your boss?!

I've got my base line doo daa tomorrow for the IUI. I sooo hope that it can all go ahead this month. Af started today but it's so light it's not worth the effort - it must be because it's induced. Unless my body's saving it all up for dildo cam tomorrow.

Anyway, on that note I'll night night.

#23 ·
Just a quick one as I am so tired!

Thanks girls so much for your insights, they are going to help me make this so much easier and less scary, I really don't know what I'd do without you all!  ^bow^

Had the pre op today and they said I was fit for surgery! Good to know  :) Doc said it would be at least 5 days in hospital, with 4 -6 weeks off work (have told bosses 6 and expect to take at least that!) I just think of you girls and what you've managed going back to work wise.

Thanks for all the finger crossing and thoughts. :)

Freckles, now I am returning the favour and I have my fingers and toes crossed for you tomorrow, I really really hope that you can go ahead this month ^reiki^  Good luck too with finding another buyer.  :-*

Kiwi, have you jumped on that hubby of yours!!?? ^hump^ !!!!!!!

Zebra, your story sounds heart wrenching, fingers crossed for you too.

Hi to Lily and the little quiet ones of Broody and HH

xx

#24 ·
Had my appt and I'm 'no go' for the moment. The scan was difficult because she couldn't see my lining properly because of the fibroids and she couldn't find my ovaries either - they show up like fibroids and she couldn't tell if it was an ovary or not. She thinks it's too thick so I've got to go back on Monday when the con is there as she thinks he'll be more likely to make a call and find my pesky ovaries! And what I said last night about af being really light, well I should have enjoyed it while it lasted cos it's not anymore! Ho hum!

Speak to you all later.

#25 ·
Hi Freckles, sorry 2 hear its a no go at the minute. I was keeping my fingers crossed 4 u. Maybe u'll have more luck wif the con on Monday. I went yesterday 4 a scan (was supposed 2 b there at 7.30 and didn't waken until 8.45!! OOPS, but they saw me anyway!) and they told me to take my pregnyl injection 2day, so lots of BMS now for the next few days. I'll b glad of the break, altho the 2ww gets more stressful as time goes by and ur in the "am I, aren't I" predicament. Anyway, enuf bout me, Good luck 4 Mon, let me know how u get on, I'll b thinkin of u!
Love Zebra x

#26 ·
Hey Freckles

That is frustating, poor you, you have really been through the mill, fingers crossed the cons can see everything on Monday. I think a treat is in order for you, I recommend Green and Blacks new ice cream..it's organic so no calories!  ;D

Zebra - good luck, I remember the two week wait well.

Hello to everyone else!

Kiwichick

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.