Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi ladies

Yip, now I am back at work and with the three hour commute it's harder to post so it's really only going to be the evenings and weekends....  :(

Had the follow up appt today, scan looked great, he could see both ovaries very clearly and that I had ovulated this month so along with my improved FSH levels things are looking good.  Our plan is to try naturally for three months and then if no luck go back to him in Dec/Jan and look at fertility treatment which will be free which is great.  So feeling positive about things, just need to knuckle down now and try and remain stress-free! Am guzzling pineapple juice like there's no tomorrow as it is supposed to help with implantation!  ::)

Hello to everyone, BG you are sounding happier, hope your dinner party went well.

Kiwichick

·
Registered
840 Posts
Els, if you want pics of fibroids you should check out City hospital on in the mornings!! There have been two girls on there who have had them out.  One girl had 36 of them  ^scared^ Kind of beats your 27 hey Kiwi?!  ;)  I am kind of addicted to it now ;D  Did any of you girls have your treatment at St.Thomas'? It looks like a really nice hossy with a fab view!!!!! ;D

Broody, so glad you are feeling better, I hope that's the end of any pesky infections for you  ^Heart^

Kiwi, hope work isn't too sh***y, I can't believe that I am already 3 weeks post op, and have to go back to work in 3 weeks  ::)  I could kind of get used to not being there and being a lady who lunches!? ???

There is so much BMS going on, on this board I don't know where to start so I am just going to chuck a load of this  ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ your way!!!  I am just keeping my fingers crossed for you all and that there are some BFP's soon.

Freckles, hope you are having a fab time in Tobago, hope all your dreams come true on Fri?  ^BFP^

Well I am feeling pretty good, pain has def nearly gone and I am pretty sure I popped an egg this week so hopefully AF will arrive and I will feel like I have got back to normal post op and Zoladex.

Lots of love and  ^reiki^ to you all xx

·
Registered
264 Posts
Baxy I am getting seriously worried that u are becoming addicted to City Hospital!! Lol! Glad 2 hear that u r doin well.
I went 4 a scan this morning but follies STILL not big enough. There were about 6 or 7 in each ovary but the biggest is only 13mm. I was really hoping 2 take my pregnyll today. Not sure what is happenin this time as the lining is still very thin. Also feelin very emotional today, don't know what thats all about, but cried my head off the whole way 2 work after scan at hospital. Just couldn't stop, i'm sure other drivers thought i was a looney!! Feel a bit better now that i am here, which is as well as i am running the show today as the HOD and another art teacher r away on a trip 2 Dublin, plus the other art teacher is off after having her gall bladder removed, so have got 2 subs in and need 2 try and keep my wits about me or else the s**t cud hit the fan. So glad i am off 2moro (got another wedding 2 go to), just hope i don't feel like this as my cousins will b there with all their children and i don't know if i could cope. Anyway, sorry this has all been about me, just feelin a bit sorry 4 myself today.
Hope u r all well
Love and ^reiki^ to all of u
Zebra x

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Morning all! (Well there are 3 monutes left of the morning as I type this!)

I've got my dinner party tonight.
Why oh why did I agree to do this? ;D Who offers to do a vegetarian Mexican theme night anyway?
I've never met a vegetarian Mexican, have you? All they eat is flippin' chicken and bits of cow... me and my big ideas... I should learn to keep my trap well and truly shut! :-X

Els - No caterers I'm afraid... I wish! ^eyes^ Hope you are doing well my lovely.

Baxy Bean - Hello poppet! I've had a roll around in that baby dust you've been spreading about! Here's hoping it woks this month...

Zebra - GROW FOLLIES GROW! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? There... that should shift them! ;D Good luck with work, it's never easy when you're understaffed. ^eyes^

Well, I went to my GP's this morning to tell him about my reaction to the anti-biotics and his response was to tell me that I was a very strange person.
WTF? You cheeky beggar! Anyway, he put it on my file that I couldn't have that drug either and it just all appeared to be so inconvenient for him...
I was sat there thinking, 'it's inconvenient for you? Try having an open myomectomy when you're allergic to morphine and all you can have is Paracetamol and Ibuprofen. You insensitive sod! Honestly! Do they actively recruit imbeciles at med school?

Okay moan over... gotta get my chicken look quorn pieces marinading so that they taste of something or we'll be having cardboard fajitas for tea. Gawd... I hope I've got enough beers... ;D

·
Registered
840 Posts
Hey Broody, don't mexicans eat alot of fried beans?  ??? Wouldn't that work?  Not sure I'd want to be in your house tho  ^shake^ !!  I have veggie friends and they eat alot of quorn chilli? Just some ideas that I am sure you have thought of?
What is it as well with blooming docs?  I don't think I have found a sensitive one yet?  Sounds like we have all met them here? BTW can't believe you did the myo without morphine, I clicked it so many times I ran out before I should have ::)

Zebra, hope you are managing ok today? Good luck with tomorrow and all the children, we have all been in those kind of situations so you are more than welcome to rant here. :mad:  Sending you big follie vibes too!

Well I must get on a try and clean my house, it doesn't look too good  :(
xxx

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Baxy - That's most of the prep work done now... one batch of quorn chilli - check. One batch of chicken look Quorn tortillas - check. One batch of refried beans - check. Steer clear of my place for goodness sakes!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Mmmmmm, i love refried beans! BG, i can't believe u r havin a party and didn't invite us all!! Lol! Joking!! I hope it all goes well. I love Mexican. I work with a lady who lived in Mexico for a long time and she had a Mexican themed night last year. It was fabulous. We all got dressed up and made fools of ourselves. I went as Frida Kahlo (mexican artist) complete with plaits on top of my head, a mono-brow and a monkey. It was a great night, good food and lots of tequila! Hope its a good 'un! Thankyou to you and Baxy for the follie vibes. Ur such sweethearts.

Thought i was feeling a bit better by that last post but obviously not!! Was chatting to a colleague and she happened to ask how the tx was going and i started blubbing all over her. How embarrassing!! Its as well i've known her a long time and she was very sympathetic and understanding. She has 3 girls but had a miscarriage a few years ago so knows how hard it can be. Just feel so low today, i hope it passes soon! its doin my head! My sister is coming home tonight so hopefully that'll pull me out of this downer. Sorry for moaning at u all again! I promise my next post will be more upbeat!
Thanks girls
Love Zebra x

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Awww Zebra... :'( Huge hugs hunny... it's not embarressing at all to have a wee blub now and again... I mean... you've been thru' a lot - we all have and we've all been there...

I went for a massage once with a woman I barely knew and when I got there, she opened the door and I burst into tears! My AF had just arrived before I left the house - so I wasn't Pg - AGAIN... and I'd had a fight with DH... then I leaked on her mat.

In the words of Morrisey: I can laugh about it now, but at the time it was terrible...

Chin up ducks. Big squishy hug and sloppy :-* coming your way. I'll raise a glass to you tonight and send you lots of ^reiki^.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi ladies

Very happy it's nearly the end of the week, made it to 5:30 today my longest day so far back at work, but am shattered now.... :(

Broody, your dinner party sounds like fun!  ;D

Zebra - sending you positive vibes for fast growing follicles.  ^Cuddle^

Baxy - my cons is very kind and sensitive to the point I thought I fancied him!  But believe me we have gone through a few of them to find a goodie!

Hello to everyone!

Kiwichick

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Just to let you all know that I got af on Weds :( . It's been a bit weird, it started in the middle of the night and then stopped in the morning, so I did a test just in case and got a bfn. I've been spotting until this evening, I had a massage this afternoon (which was fantastic) and that seems to have got the blood flow going. I wondered if it was the progesterone messing things up.

Obviously I'm disappointed but I had been warned not to expect too much from IUI and there were lots of positives from the process. Plus I can't think of a better place to find out I'm not pg - especially as I'd been so good and sat sipping lime and soda while dh has been swigging cocktails! I'm making up for lost time now though!

Some good news is that we got a call when we got the to airport on the way out to say someone wanted to buy our house - so the move is back on. Yippee!

Anyway, I'm off for a 'Tobago mudslider!'

Hope everyone's ok.

I'm hoping the baby dust is better here than the stuff at home so am sending it to all you girls having bms

^fairydust^

xxxx

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Kiwi - You make me laugh with your consultant fettish... I can't imagine fancying mine... he's like a little elf! ;D Sort of imp-like... Don't work too hard hunny bunny, just ease yourself into it... :-*

Freckles - I'm sorry hunny... :'( I know it's disappointing. ^hugme^ Maybe next time... I'l keep me fingers crossed for you. Away and have a cocktail for me will ya?

Well the dinner thingy went well. I'm flippin' knackered today now! ;D It was with 2 ppl that DH took on recently and they are over from abroad. We had good laugh and ate far too much food, then I did the tarot cards for the woman which was fun, I don't do the cards so much since I moved down here.

Has anyone seen Sky News this morning and that piece of crap report about the BMA saying that women waiting to have children just want it all and are trying to defy nature? :mad: That makes me mad!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi girlies!

Good to hear from everyone!

Freckles - really sorry to hear about your IUI. :( One consolation is that you're already day 3 of your next cycle - do you think you'll do IUI again this month? I had two go's earlier in the year and they didn't work for me but they DO improve your odds. So chin up and really hoping the next cycle gets you your well-deserved BFP. What;s a Tobago Mudslider? Sounds delishhhhhh!

Broody - yes, saw that report this morning. Grrr, I hate the way they categorise women's fertility pre- and post-35. What about the ages around 35? Plus we've all been trying for ages - it isn't as though we're waiting until we're 35 to start ttc. Rant over! You sound so much cheerier - glad you're not in so much discomfort anymore. xxx
PS Didn't realise you did your open-myo without morphine. Hyper-impressed! ^bow^

Kiwi - great to hear from you! You must be exhausted - can't believe you have a 3hr commute. Big sleep-in tomorrow please! And even if you're not able to join in as often, we're all still thinking of you and wishing you heaps of good luck. ^DizzyLove^

Zeb - wishing you a lovely weekend. Chill out at your sis's tonight and go boost those follies with lots of champagne at the wedding today (errr, that's probably the exact opposite of what your doc told you!) but those follies need to get a wriggle on. ^Exercise!1^ Don't worry about your cousins - a wedding is one place where it's GOOD not to have any kids! Let us know how it goes. Sending you lots of good vibes to your ovaries - ooh missus!

Baxy - three week post-myo MILESTONE! Well done girl!! Glad to hear the pain has almost gone and that you're body is starting to return to normal. Oh, but I'd love to be tucked up at home in this chilly weather. How's your iPod Mini - have you seen ads for the new iPod nano?

Els - we love hearing from you. Sorry we are such chatterboxes! Wishing you and everyone else a fab weekend.

LoL
HH xx ^cat^

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hello my gorgeous ladies!

Glad to see you all in such good spirits - I am getting some really positive vibes from the Board so am sending lots of  ^fairydust^

Broody - Glad the dinner was a success.  Didn't know you were a soothsayer - can you predict our futures for us?  That report is a load of rubbish - typical man!!  They seem to think we "want it all" but I'd like to see half the men I know juggle what we have to juggle and that's before having kids!  Plus, if he was the one that had to stay at home with the kids for a couple of years at a time do you think he would be recognised enough to be quoted in the news - I don't think so!!!

Freckles - Bad luck about AF arriving, but like you say, there ain't a better place to find out!  Enjoy your cocktails and have one for me...

Kiwi - 3 hours!!!!  You look after yourself hun and if you need to do reduced hours for a bit then just let them know...

Zebra - Grow follies grow!  ^pompom^

Baxy - Glad to hear you're on the mend.  Remember that the outside heals quicker than the inside so don't go stretching yourself too early...

By the way, I don't think I had morphine after my op either.  I was just given some paracetamol every few hours - maybe that's why I hated it so much!!

Els XX

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
HH - Don't be impressed at the no morphine thing... believe me I didn't do it for kicks... it was horrible.
Still gives me the heebie jeebies to thing about it... brrrrrr...

Els - I could not agree with you more! I was just talking to my friend on the 'phone who's TTC and just turned 40 and to be honest - it's not what she needs to hear. It's a bit like saying, you're old... you're past it... and it's all your own fault!

Oh to have been born with a willy...

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hi Ladies

Freckles Sorry 2 hear that Af came. I know its not much of a conssolation but at least u can now join DH on the cocktails! Hope u r having a fabulous time!
Broodygirl So glad 2 hear ur party went well. Thanks 4 bein there 4 me on Thursday. Its means a lot 2 b able 2 talk 2 u lot! U r all such sweethearts. ^Heart^
Thanks 4 all the follie vibes! Hopefully they'll work and i shud b poppin an egg next week. Have 2 go back again on Monday 4 scan, so fingers crossed!
Had wonderful time at wedding yesterday, drank lots of wine (too much! Sore head this mornin!) and boogied my butt off all night. Was ok when i saw my pregnant cousin, was hard when she got of the car and i saw her wee bump, and fought back the tears when congratulating her, but it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be. She's been through a lot too, she lost a wee one ot at 13 weeks last year so she knows how hard it can be. She's so grateful that she got pregnant again as it had taken quite a while the first time and were actually waiting for appt to see con about it when she found out she was pregnant. Then the scan showed no heartbeat and it was all over, so, i can hardly begrudge her!
Anyway, hope u r all well and having good weekend so far, I'm off 2 make breakfast. Dh has just returned from the shops with a bag full of goodies, yuuuummmm. Hangover food!
Take care chums
]Love Zebra x

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ladies

Freckles - so sorry about your AF  :(  try and have a good holiday, you sound like you are getting into the spirit with your impressive sounding cocktails! Good news re your house!

Baxy - you sound like you are well on the road to recovery, before you know it you will be back in the saddle keeping the neighbours awake!  ^BMS^

HH - thanks for your good wishes, I still need this board so will definitely keep posting and thinking about you girlies.  ;)

Zebra - good luck with your scan and follicle growing!  :)

Els - hope you are well and blooming!  ^Butterfly^

Hi to Broody, hope you have recovered from the dinner party, sounds like fun!

Hi Lilly!

Right off for a bike ride with my DH - I am supporting him with his new cycling to work scheme, just having a wee practice today! 

We are now in our 1 week wait, will know next weekend...eek! Fingers crossed!  :-\

Kiwichick

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Morning ladies, hope you all had a nice w/end. We are in that time of the month...

WISH US LUCK!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Go Broody Go!!

Kiwi - Good luck with your one week wait!!

Zebra - Come on you follies!!!!

Hi to everyone else  :)

Els

·
Registered
840 Posts
Broody your smileys get better and better!!!!  I am sending you all the luck in the world chicken, you so deserve it ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Kiwi, you too Good luck sweetie pie, will keep everything crossed til the weekend  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Freckles, big  :-* for you getting Af, hope you are downing those cocktails.  ^drink^

Zebra, how are the follies doing?? Hope they are HUGE!! (If that's what they need to be of course!)  ;D

Hi to HH, Els and Lilly

I'm doing fine, am nearly pain free, can get into my jeans and am really thinking about BMS!!!!!

xxx

1 - 20 of 131 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.