Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum....I am scheduled to begin my first cycle of IVF at Homerton Clinic in February and am very nervous.  I feel like I am going crazy with all these emotions.....I finally decided to join this forum.....I was wondering who else is about to begin IVF?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello Red Rose! I am also new to this and about to start Clomid for the first time! So good to hear other women's accounts and realise we are not alone! Also, know what you mean with all the mixed emotions...will it happen or won't it, when will it happen?? Some days I drive myself crazy and wish I could switch off from it all! People tell me all the time I need to 'relax' and let nature take its course....but that is also hard when you want something so bad! But I'm sure things will turn out good for us both so lets think positive ;D ^hugme^ ;D Best wishes. xxx

·
Premium Member
12,192 Posts

Welcome to FF, Red Rose!! This is a great website for support, information, laughter and friendship, it has kept me (relatively!) sane though all my treatment. When I first underwent treatment the doctors told me all about the physical aspects but they never mentioned the mental impact, it really does mess with your brain. Going crazy is part of the course. Everyone here knows exactly what it is like.

I can certainly point you in the direction of some parts of the forum that might be useful to you.

For A rough guide to IVF -CLICK HERE Just some info on what to expect.

IVF General chat - CLICK HERE

Under our London section we have a thread for the Homerton hospital, you could post there and find other people undergoing treatment at the same clinic

Main London board - CLICK HERE

Homerton Hospital - CLICK HERE

When you start your treatment you could join the Cycle Buddies section, people undergoing treatment at exactly the same time as you - CLICK HERE They will certainly be able to relate to everything that you are going through.

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE. This thread gives you some helpful tips on how to use the forum.

We also have a newbie night in the chat room every Wednesday where you can meet other new members and a few more experienced (I won't use the term "old"!) members will be there to answer any questions you have about the site. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

Please feel free to ask more questions here, or on any other part of the site, there will be wonderful helpful people there to give you lots of support, information and cyber hugs if you need it. We go through all the highs and lows of treatment together.

Wishing you all the luck in the world for your treatment ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Sue ^hugme^

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.