Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I'm starting IVF early next year - just got a few pounds left to lose and a husband quitting smoking.
Have been ttc for 5 years - have one ovary with a tube that although open and functioning, pretty much is knotted up.

Feeling positive and hopeful.

Have NO IDEA about the deregulating bit - how long it takes and what you have to do...so any advice or info very gratefully received.

wishing you all much luck and love
Luluh xxx
^reiki^

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Hi hun. I was in a similar situation this time last year, had just been referred to our IVF clinic, and we started at the end of March

Theres lots of information on the boards, there is one for IVF, but with the majority of clinics, if you are down-regulating, you will either inject or use a nasal spray daily, to shut down your natural cycle, this normally starts on around day 21 of a cycle.

Then 2-3 weeks after this, you will have a scan to make sure your ovaries have shut down and your womb lining is thin. If all is ok, you will start injecting a stimulation drug, and then have blood tests and scans to see how you are getting on with this, and then they will perform egg collection when you are ready. The embryo/embryos are put back 2-5 days later, depending on your clinic and how you have responded

There are threads for most of the clinics on the location boards xxx

·
Premium Member
12,192 Posts
to FF, Luluh!! This is a great website for support, information, laughter and friendship, it has kept me (relatively!) sane though all my treatment. I don't know how I would have coped without the lovely people here. Have a good look round the site, post in whatever section you want and make yourself at home. There are so many sections here with a huge amount of information, so whatever you are going through there will be someone here to help you.

There is a Rough Guide To IVF ~ CLICK HERE which gives a breakdown of the procedure of IVF. I hope that will answer some of your questions.

There is also an IVF General chat forum ~ CLICK HERE which also might be helpful to answer any queries that the guide hasn't quite answered.

A few other sections that you might find useful -

The What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) thread will give you some info on how to navigate the site ~ CLICK HERE

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time. The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that. Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment ~ CLICK HERE

We also have a newbie night in the chat room every Wednesday where you can meet other new members and a few more experienced (I won't use the term "old"!) members will be there to answer any questions you have about the site. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

If you look on the main forum index you will find location boards. You can find others in your area, and even people going to the same clinic who will be able to answer any questions you have about procedures there - some groups even have meet ups.

Please feel free to ask more questions here, or on any other part of the site, there will be wonderful helpful people there to give you lots of support, information and cyber hugs if you need it. We go through all the highs and lows of treatment together.

Good luck! ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Sue ^hugme^

1 - 3 of 3 Posts