Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

need advice, friendly ears, and probably going to cry a lot!
I am just about to start my fourth and final icsi cycle.  I have a gorgeous son as the result of the third, so this is a return to treatment after 3 years.  DH thinks this should be easier as there is not so much pressure as we have a child now.  We are so blessed I know, and in the old days (before we realised it might be a problem) I used think I would only want one child anyway, but it still such a big thing realising that this is it, last chance, ever, and I would love another.

Maybe I felt like this last 3x, but i fel so unprepared.  I have been trying to be good about diet, and have been taking my vitamins etc, but I have had a really bad cough for the last 2 weeks which has been pulling me down.  I tried to go to the gym last week and ended up having a panic attack cos I couldn't breathe. Feel like how can I start treatment that needs every little chance when I fel so crap and can't even go to gym classs with toddler without coughing til my eyes water.  Then I wonder if I am convincing myself that I feel worse than I do because I  know I have to be fit for next week (and of course my period is due which never helps), or if even that sub consciously I want to be given a reason  not to do it this month.  I had another panic attack on Monday - thanksully have a really good friend who ended up having to order my drugs for me as I coldn't make the call.  She said she thinks I may have a chest infection, so I should go to GP, but I am not sure, and am really bad about going anyway (always think I am wasting time, and want to go and get sick note for 2 week wait anyway).  Job is really stressful, trying to avoid planning stuff for next month or so, but it is hard to justify such a large window to avoid (a friend who knows said 'can;t you work out which days you'll need off from when your period is due - if I knew that to the day I probably wouln't be needing the bloody treatment in the first place!)

Sorry guys, I am not normally so pathetic, but I jst don't know what to do?  Is it just nerves, should I get checked, should I just postpone?  DH s tryig, but thinks I am just stressing, and all will be fine, but it's not all on him is it?  Any advice please?

We are having ICSI at St James's by the way.

H

·
Registered
905 Posts
Dear Helen,

So sorry to read your upset and confusion - I am sure it is just nerves, as this cycle is so important to you.

I would go to the Docs, and get checked out for the chest infection, as DR is hard enough without adding extra pressure.

Ask the Docs advice, and then make your decision.

I wish you well with your cycle, be it this month or next, and hoe to see your well deserved BFP.

Good luck

Zoe XXX

·
Registered
93 Posts
:) Hi there My situation is different to yours but just sending you a bit of support Ive never had ICSI so I dont know the ins and outs of it but as TCC is hard enough anyway then that must be double stressful.
I have a toddler and I know how tiring/ demanding they can be but like you would dearly love another.
Going to the gym is a pain in the butt anyway but if your unwell who needs it dont go and give your body a rest.
Also I think the panic attacks are defo a sign of stress and when you have had a baby people suffer from things like claustrophobia or panic attacks because I've
experienced it so have other people I know.
Take advice from DH stop stressing I know most blokes are laid back and don't really understand but they do have are best interest at heart
^fairydust^  Laraboo

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.

Think you are right about the panic attacks.  Body showing stress in all kinds of ways - not helping feeling in control of my life!

I think I have also been in a state of denial for a long time - like the old days, thinking that a miracle would happen and I would get pregnant naturally before we reached this stage, and then suddenly here e are.  Sounds stupid hey!

I know you are right - I need to calm down and stop giving myself a hard time, and concentrate on what is important - giving everything to getting pregnant.

Will probably take Prostap on Sun/ Mon.  Where am I best to be on this site - bad English but hope you know what I mean!  ICSI girl in Leeds - need all supprt I can get!

H

·
Registered
93 Posts
:)Hope your feeling better cant answer your question about prostap but just thought id ask you where you live in leeds because Im from leeds, lived everywhere last lived horsfoth now live in walsall West Midlands and love it here

Just being nosey ^bye^
Laraboo

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Laraboo,

Have actually just moved away from Leeds (not far though, only to York), but was in Rothwell.  Rothwell was an okay place to be, but love where we are now.

Sitting here with toddler watching Dora the Explorer - what is that all about!

Helen

·
Registered
824 Posts
Hello Helen  :)

Hope you're feeling better now.
Just wanted to send you some  ^reiki^
And to answer your question - I would think the ICSI board would be a good place for you to be, but everyone seems very chilled about board hopping  ;D I usually post on the FET board, but frequently jump around to see what's happening.
And Dora the Explorer - what a classic! I've watched it with a friend's toddler - he's mesmerised by her. Teaches him the odd bit of Spanish too, which can't be bad!!

Good luck!
Cecilie x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.