Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would describe myself as a big heap,38 yrs old only chance of babe IVF,Having to go private as waiting list too long given my age, FSH level 15 at last blood test given info i have read tonight very worried, Going back to work tommorrow after 2 mths off with stress (before i start treatment)  I feel like the outsider lots of freinds, but all have babies feel so alone because they dont understand,Feel my life is so empty hard to cope with thought of not having a family my oh wont consider egg donation or adoption sorry for ranting but feel so alone. Just read this back and i sound a right sad case,Honestly dont feel sorry for myself,more for other people who know me ha ha.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Dear Daisychainging

I am sorry you are struggling at the monment at 38 you have time i am just 42 and still on the old IVF?IUI game on my 4 th 2ww
Your FSH changes sometimes quite widely from month to month so ask for that to be retested and will depend on the day of your cycle, have you been given any advise to lower ??
Where are you going for TX ? what is the plan
i agree everyone has babies at my worst i think preg woman and cute babies wait for me to appear around street corners ready to pounce and cause to be emotional upset, with a longing for my own
I am blessed with a 17 year old son who is adopted and feel very priveledge to have him.

Do not worry about ranting as you say i think you are just expressing how you feel, you are allowed, it is i think one of the main benefits of  FF
Thinking of you
Dianne x

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Daisychainging

Sorry to hear that you are feeling so down... I wouldnt worry too much about your FSH levels at the moment.  In March mine were at 11, Im 36 and didnt realise so much depended on this. My treatment start date was cancelled until my FSH came down, a month later it was down to 5.8 (not bad) then following month 5.4 (even better) BUT.. Im not sure my FSH being that much better has made any difference to my response anyway.  Been injecting 8 days and the scan on Monday showed no response at all!  Having to wait until tomorrow evening for further scan and Im worried sick that my ovaries have still not responded!
I know its hard, but Ive been reading loads into FSH etc and even women with high levels seem to go on and produce some healthy eggs, just not so many of them which doesnt matter because all you need is one good one!
I too have been off this week from work with stress. I think everyone has obstacles along the way and we all deal with them differently. Im sure you will be fine and your FSH could just drop down at any time, just have to be a little patient.
Hey, good luck

Starry.x

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both so much for yr kind words and advice, Going to the Cromwell in Darlington,county Durham, went back yesterday for results of retest and fsh was 7.9??? i am so happy beginning ivf 1 wk on monday, all i wanted was a chance,  i can have ago YES i will keep u posted,  Enjoy yr weekend x

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hi Daisy

Wow, your FSH has come down!! Mine was 8 and they have let me go ahead with my treatment!! So its looking good for you  ;D

^goodluck^ with your treatment, and remember there is always someone on the site that will talk to you or give you advice!!

Willow
xx

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Willow
I know cant believe its gone down, Will prob need lots of advice as v nervous about treatment but feel lucky getting chance to have it, Good luck with yr treatment & thanks for the support Dxx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.