Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm Alison and joined the site yesterday.  I'm 34, DH 35 and we've been ttc for almost 7 years.  I have pcos and don't ovulate.  After 4 years of ttc, many tests, 6 months clomid, DH and I decided to go down the adoption route as intrusive fertility treatments weren't for us at that time.  After a painful 18 months, we ended the adoption process without approval and had to pick ourselves up and think what next.  For the last year, I have been trying tcm and acupuncture, which although has helped tremendously with regulating my cycle, reducing pms and pain, I'm still not ovulating.  Also been taking metformin during this time.  I'm continuing with tcm and have just been given another 3 months of clomid - the last resort before going done the ivf route, which is a really big deal for us.  After trying all other routes, it seems ivf is the last option open to us and I feel as though I'm running out of time.  It's taken me a long time and heartache to come to a decision of even trying ivf and I must admit to being quite frightened and apprehensive about the whole thing - any reassurance and details of ivf experiences would be much appreciated.

Take care all.

·
Registered
817 Posts
hello alison

welcome to ff. i have been on this site for a couple of weeks now, and have found it really useful. I am three weeks into my first ivf cycle, and i am finding it a lot easier than i thought it would be.

I never thought i would go down the root of ivf either. When we first found out we had a problem, i said that i would try clomid but that i wouldn't go as far as ivf. 3 years later we kind of found ourselves on the road which only led to ivf. We finally decided that we had to give it a try. even if its doesn't work at least we know we have given it our best chance.

we decided back in March to go ahead. With a few ups and downs along the way we have finally started our treatment. I have taken a nasal spray for three weeks now and have just started taking my injections to build up my eggs. Its all go from here.

I really hope you find what you are looking for on this site. If there is anything i can help with, then please ask. I will try and help if i can.

Good Luck. and Be Brave...... hopefully it will all be worth it in the end.

Doyle

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doyle

Thanks for your reply.  Its good to know that there are others going through the same thing and I'm sure like you, I will find FF very helpful.  Good luck with your treatment - I hope it works out.  And let me know how you find Bourn Hall as it is one of the potential clinics for us too.

Thanks again and very best wishes.

Alison

·
Registered
1,309 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Hi Alison
Sorry to hear what you've been through. This journey is painful and cruel but this site is an absolute lifeline. It's great to stay in contact and become friends with people who really know what you're going through. I am on my first ICSI - it took us a year to summon up the courage to get this far. But now that we are doing it (!) it all seems ok. We take everything step by step and feel more positive doing something to help than nothing.
Wish you all the best in your treatment. JOIN A THREAD - and you'll find other people's support will get you a long way.
Love eva x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.