Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi there every one
I am 38and my wonderful DP 39. No other childern . First time for both of us.Had a pregnancy 20 months ago but sadly lost at 8 weeks.TTC since. Investigated since Jan 08 to be just told , i am normal ( FSH 9.5 , LH 6.2. U/S & HSG NAD) but DP has antibodies on 60 % of ^sperm^ ^sperm^ so reducing fertility. Told today can have IVF starting next month .... :) also :eek: but feeling :eek: at the speed of getting a date to start.
Got one more analysis pre start then off. One min i am :'( then days later i am ;D things to come i guess!
Got a month till down regulation , any advice. Booked acupunture , multivits on board . Would love some extra tips on improving chances and reducing stress through out this scary but exciting journey. love to hear from you all

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Hello annienez, welcome to Fertility Friends. :)

^hugme^ hun you sound just about normal for someone about to embark on IVF. I am not sure if that's comfrting or not but, yes, to feel up and down like this is perfectly normal so you are not going mad ^spin^ There will no doubt be many more ups and downs along the way and it sounds to me like you are already making some sensible adjustments to help relieve stress for your cycle.

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time. The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that. You will fnd a thread, usually with a funny/inspiring name for this year's buddies. Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment.

Cycle buddies ~ CLICK HERE

I am guessing the July / August threads would be most appropriate for you, timing wise, so please do pop along and find the current running thread for this year and say hi and let everyone know you are there. IAs a former cycle buddy (several times) and cycle buddy moderaator and I know how wonderfully supportive it can be to find others to chat to going through exactly the same thing at the same time so I hope you find it helpful too.

I'm going to leave you a few more links that I think you may find useful. Some are just for information and others are places where you can meet, chat and get support. You can only get the best out of FF is you join in and post / ask queustions and get and give support to/from others so please don't be shy; jump right on in and start posting and I know you will find the members here as supportive as I have over the years.

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

Male factors ~ CLICK HERE

What can improve egg quality and quantity ~ CLICK HERE

A Rough Guide To IVF ~ CLICK HERE

IVF General ~ CLICK HERE

Complimentary Therapies ~ CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area:

Girl & Boy talk - Community & Fun Board ~ CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our excellent chat room. We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm), where you can meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT
The chat room is open 24/7 and in particular is busy most evenings so if you ever want to just talk things through, or need a shoulder to cry on right at that moment, or just have a bit of fun it's the ideal place to go.

You can also "meet" and chat with people in your local area through the Location boards. This is especially useful to find people who may be using the same clinic and or in the same PCT area.

You might also want to do a search for info on relaxation Cds or IVF support CDs (there is one I know of called The IVF Companion that others speak highly of) as this may help too.

I hope to see you posting soon. Loads of luck for your cycle. ^reiki^

C~x

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Hello Annienez,

IVF sounds daunting but it's not as bad as you think - in my opinion  :) 

I had acupuncture with my 2nd go at IVF and I believe that helped me considerably.  1st time round I had 17 eggs but 4 fertilised, 2nd time round 16 eggs and 13 fertilised.  Only thing I changed was the acupuncture.

^hugme^ Good luck.

Sharon xx

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
Hello Anninez

Welcome to FF :)

There are quite a few people on here who had acupucture around their treatment and swear by the results. I think I should give it a go myself  ;)

I hope you find lots of help and support on here

Love

Emmax

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts
Hi Annie

You've arrived at a lovely friendly place here, Caz has given you lots of links to look at, I hope you find your niche somewhere  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Larkles
xx

·
Registered
17 Posts
^hello^ Annie,

A massive welcome to FF, everyone are so friendly and supportive, Im new too and so glad that I found this site.

Im sorry that I can not offer any advice on IVF as I haven't started my TX (treatment) yet but Im so glad you have had replies with advice. Its natural to have up and down days, I have them and Im sure a lot of others on here do too.

Sending you loads of  ^reiki^ and  ^fairydust^ for your journey and have everything crossed for you that you get that  ^BFP^ very soon.

Hope you are having a great weekend and take care  ^hugme^ XXX

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Hi Annienez and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic site full of advice and support and you have been left some great links to try out.

I just wanted to wish you loads of luck with your forthcoming IVF and that it brings a positive result.

Kate xx

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Guys
Thanks for the lovely replies to my first mail. Its great to read so much wonderful advice.

Period just started so here goes with ist cycle of IVF  ^reiki^. srated my acupunture and meditation... strange but so relaxing . any one having tx in leeds . please dont hestiate to contact me

cheer s

from girlie with all limbs crossed ;D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts