Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I'm going to be egg sharing in January, so I've been told I must stop smoking to be able to do it. So I'm stopping tomorrow, Will there be any one around to give me a kick up the bum if I'm feeling moments of weakness???
Cheers
Freddy

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Hi Freddy,

I gave up smoking in June, but I know how hard it is. I used nicotine inhalers. although to be honest I hardly ever used them, it just helped to know I had one in my bag. I only ever got through two filters, but it helped during moments of major weakness!
When are you stopping?

Good luck..you can do it and I have never felt so good before...I wouldn't want to go back to smoking now for anything in the world!!!

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
Like Bodia I gave up with nicotine inhalers and the last cig I had was 1st January 2am, I could never go back now (fingers crossed), its tough at first hun but just keep posting in here, someone should be around to help out.  Think there are loads tips dotted throughout this board so keep your fingers busy on the keyboard and not near those evil coffin nails.  Good luck sweetie, think of the money you'll save, the smell you'll leave behind you, the yellow nicotine stains, the coughing, oh god the list is endless.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I have been clean for 18 months!

This sounds like a self help session doenst it!  ;D ;D

Anyway I will also be here to help you in your moment of need should you need it!....Just keep telling yourself that oe puff, leads to one ***, and one *** to a whole packet.....
Dont ever give in to just one puff, it never is!!....that always helped me!

Good Luck!!

Natsxx

·
Premium Member
2,193 Posts
Just wanted to wish you the best of luck Freddy  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

I stopped smoking on the 19th August at 2.30 exactly.  Went completely cold-turkey.  I can remember the time because I was flying over to the UK that day and I said to myself I will board the plane a smoker and get off a non-smoker.

Day 4-6 were really, really hard.  My mind kept telling me to just pop down to the shop and buy one packet (can't even buy packets of 10 over here) and I even walked down to the shop a couple of times BUT the other part of my brain was saying 'JUST GIVE IT UP GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'  I managed to get through those days by posting on here, sometimes saying 'HELP, I'M GOING TO BUY A PACKET NOW' and I got lots of support. 

Now seven weeks later I can't even believe I used to smoke and have no desire to have a cigarette.  I don't have any yucky phlegm in the mornings, my clothes smell fresh, my hair doesn't reeeeeck of smoke and I have a load more energy.  Better still I am now my own person and I am not controlled by those horrible white sticks.

You can do it...If I can do then you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Just get through those few bad days and you will be home free.

I really, really wish you the best of luck and let us know how you're doing  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Allison xxx

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Nikki

Isnt it just fab to be a non smoker!!..I love it!

xx

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
Nats I love it, occasionally the *** devil sits on my shoulder but thats usually after a drink or  10 and DH is puffing away but I couldn't go back now - the restriction you are under as a smoker is huge and you do not realise until you are free.

·
Premium Member
4,804 Posts
Hi Freddy ,
I just wanted to wish you luck in stopping with the evil weed .
I stopped smoking on 23nd August , the day after i had started to DR .
I will echo what some of the others said , the first couple of weeks were bloody awfull , but then i was DR ing too so the drugs cant have helped how i was feeling . After a couple of weeks you DO start to feel good , and after only 6 weeks i can't imagine why i smoked half of my life !!
When you stop smoking you also begin to start smelling properly , and trust me when you dont smoke , smokers STINK !!
Maybe it will help you to fill a small pot with 'nub ends' then try sniffing that when you get the urge ?
Another thing that helped me was a couple of quotes , these being ........
Is a couple of weeks of mental readjustment when you stop smoking too high a price to pay for a lifetime withouy the increased risk of lung cancer ?
If you have just one puff , or one cigarette then you will start the body craving again , so don't do it !
I could go on , i got a little book called NOT SMOKING by Neil Casey which is full of helpfull insparational quotes , its the size of a packet of ten **** and i found it really helpfull to carry round with me . I also drank loads of water and sucked on extra strong mints . I didnt have any nicotiene replacement stuff as i didnt see the point .
In the end i think it was just my shear longing to do my best to get a baby that got me there .
Wishing you loads of ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ hunni ,
I'll look out for your posts and if i can be of any help i will be ,
Love
Freespirit x

·
Premium Member
2,193 Posts
hi Freddy

Just wondered how you were doing today.  Thinking of you and sending lots of vibes  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Lots of love
Allison xxx

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Me too

How are you coping Freddy?? Good I hope!

·
Premium Member
2,193 Posts
Freddie

Let us know how you're doing...good or bad!

Allison

·
Premium Member
4,804 Posts
Hi Freddy ,
Like the others i just called in to see how you were doing , sending lots of  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^ to you !!
Freespirit x

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Nothing like a bit of pressure hey!.... ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
freddy,,

Happy birthday .

Katy. xx

·
Registered
376 Posts
congrads to all who have quit ..  :)
and good luck who are gonna do .. thinking of you ... keep strong , find something else to do... keep busy... i find knitting is a good thing .. you get carried away and dont realise youve not had a cig in 2 hrs ...  ;)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi girls
Well thank you for all your replies, I did start but only lasted 3 hours. After seeing what you had to say I know the support is there, so Monday is my day I'm not saying tomorrow because like the saying it never comes.
I did give up last summer for 8 weeks and loved every second of it, but that was on zyban and the first day was extremely hard.
You have all put me in a really positive frame of mind,
Please be around for me tomorrow evening, then I know I can't give in, because you will all be here expecting me to say "yes I stayed off them"
Thank you so much
Freddy

·
Premium Member
2,193 Posts
Good on you Freddy...you can do it  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
4,804 Posts
Hi Freddy ,
Good to see your post . Can i just say that we will be here for you , and whilst we hope you manage to kick the habbit we all understand how bloody hard it is . Don't feel bad about posting if you have not done as well as you hoped we are here to offer support because we want to , not because we expect something of you .
Sending you loads of  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^
Freespirit x x x

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.