Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - not joined a group like this before but felt I needed some support!  Although my hubbie is wonderful along with family and friends, I want some 'real' advice and support from others who are going through the same thing.  We have been ttc (I'm getting the jargon!) for 3 years, had one pregnancy after 1year but then a miscarriage and still trying now.  Following some investigations earlier this year, I have one tube blocked and the other compromised so chances of getting pregnant naturally are very small.  We've now decided to go down the IVF route and I'm finding it pretty scary.  I work in clinical research so am used to medical things but this is perhaps too important and too personal.  We're having to go private because of my age (40 last year) and no chance on the NHS.  Our appointment is end July but we have to go through some more tests (sure you know them all!) before that date.  Looking forward to meeting some new friends who understand the situation and hoping that all on this site have success.  Hxx ^daisy^

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Hi Hels21 and welcome to FF.  Its definately the right place for support and advice.  If you have any specific questions about IVF then let me know and I will try to help.  Otherwise, just keep posting or try out the chatroom and I'm sure you will get lots of reassurance, meet lots of lovely people, and feel less scared and isolated.

GOOD LUCK!!!
Love Olwen xx

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Am also newish and have found great support here. Some of the stories you will hear will give you incredible hope and it's fab to talk to people who really understand.
On a positive note, a friend who is 42 today recently gave birth after years of trying and being convinced she was going through menopause early! So never give up hope, (I am struggling with this myself also at the moment.)
Hope all works out for you, good luck in your tests,

Philippa
xx

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the message.  I am concerned about my age and although my gynaecologist is fairly positive, he does keep mentioning how the chances of success are considerable lower once passed 40.  It's been pretty depressing because I honestly don't feel old!!  Good news to see that other people over 40 are successful.
Hels ^reiki^

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Hi Hels,
I'm fairly new here myself, but wanted to give you a warm welcome, I had a tube unblocked myself at the end of last year following a laporoscopy as well as a miscarriage earlier last year - we're also about to embark on IVF, which is incredibly scary, I know, but it's so lovely to speak people with a similar experience, and I'm sure you'll get lots of support here!
Mariax

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Hi Hels

Welcome to FF and best of luck with the IVF.

Keep us posted on how things are going.

Love Shaz xxx

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Hels,

Try to keep positive (says the woman who spent the weekend close to tears!) We are all with you, and remember that anything can (and will) happen.
Keep us posted on how you get on.

Lots of love,

Philippa
x

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello - I keep thinking I'm passed the tears stage, then something else happens.  I feel so mean sometimes when someone tells me they're pregnancy and I feel jealous.  Still, I accept that this is how I feel and don't let on to them.  I got pregnant after 1 year of trying,then miscarried and now after 2 years - no joy.  I'm waiting for a LSH etc test then will know whether it's worth us going forward with IVF.  Again, age is my biggest worry and I had hoped to get started asap but it looks as if I'll be nearly 41 by the time I get going.  Still, being positive and I must say it's great reading all the hints and advice on this website!  Good luck to all those in the middle of their tx currently.  I work in clinical research so if I find anything relevant I will pass on.  I did find some research recently suggested a possible link in ibuprofen use and early miscarriage.  I'll look it up again and share any info.  Hels

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
I know exactly what you mean.
I spent the weekend with 2 girly friends who I went to Uni with, (left 10 yrs ago,) and there kids (a 3 yr old and a 4 YR OLD,) and there was talk of the other girl we lived with who also has 2 kids now. You know how it is when you are with people with kids..loads of kid talk, and it was all I could do not to burst into tears! ( One of my friends knows a little of my situation, but is trying to treat me normally, which is great, hence she didn't hold back on child talk. I find that worse than babies, because what I want more than anything is to be a mum, and to have a child, not just a baby if that makes any sense?!

Have had a slightly better day today, because this weekend I almost felt unable to cope and my DH has been very worried about me as I keep bursting into tears over the slightest thing.

Anyway, you are not alone, we are all in this together and at least here there are people we can all talk to who understand.

xx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.