• IVF

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:)Hi Everybody,
On this very snowy day....I thought I would say Hi to everybody (I have just registered and thought this is the best day to say hello). I am 31years old and live in the North East. I have been with my caring partner since I was 19years old. Its funny to say now but for a good few years of been together we did everything to ensure that I did no gett pregnant....because of uni, work, doing our home up x 2 etc. I did think that getting pregnant was easy. Which I now know is not always the case.

I am receiving treatment at Hartlepool Hospital. I have a diagnosis of unexplained infertility (which can be soooo frustrating). I had my first go of IVF in OCT 2010 but sadly I was not producing lots of follicles....that I could not have egg collection. It was converted to iui. However it was not successful and therefore this week I have hosp app this week to discuss what to do next. Any thought on what the Hartlepool may suggest?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hello,
        We are the same unexplained and like you say its sooo frustrating :( We have been together 16 years and have tried for nearly 7 years and like you say we spent many a year trying to avoid it. Not sure what the hospital will suggest - may change your drugs we were on Goal- F the first 2 times but this time I was on Menopur, it seemed to  produce more  follicles and eggs. Were on waiting time now before I take the test. I know its easier said than done but keep you chin up and good luck!  ^hugme^

·
Premium Member
12,192 Posts

Welcome to FF, Annie!! This is a great website for support, information, laughter and friendship, it has kept me (relatively!) sane though all my treatment!

Hope you are enjoying the snow, we haven't had it yet here - they are predicting it today!

I have also been marked as unexplained and have spent many happy hours having a debate with DH about it! ^bigbad^ I think that there must be something wrong, or it would have worked, wouldn't it? But DH just says that sometimes there isn't a reason, sometimes it is just one of those things. We have just left it that we agree to disagree because both of us are too stuborn to change our view!! ;) We have a section for people who have been marked down as unexplained - CLICK HERE

Under the IVF section we have a thread for poor responders CLICK HERE, perhaps they could give you some advice on trying to increase the number of follies. For my (successful) IVF I only had 4 follies, which they only extracted 2 eggs, only one fertilised and was transferred back, and my daughter is proof that it only takes one. They wanted to convert that cycle to IUI but after 5 unsuccessful IUI's I wanted to give IVF a try.

We do have a section for members in the North East, perhaps you can find members in your area or perhaps using the same clinic - CLICK HERE

You also might find it interesting to read our What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE which will give you a quick into to our site.

We also have a newbie night in the chat room every Wednesday where you can meet other new members and a few more experienced (I won't use the term "old"!) members will be there to answer any questions you have about the site. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

Think that is all the links I can think of at the moment - hope they help!

Please feel free to ask more questions here, or on any other part of the site, there will be wonderful helpful people there to give you lots of support, information and hugs if you need it. We go through all the highs and lows of treatment together.

Sue ^hugme^

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Hi welcome too ff I'm also from north east and had my treatment at hartlepool
Good with your journey hun. I'm sure you will get loads of help and support on here every one is so lovely

Kelli

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello Girlie FF, Thank-you for all your lovely comments, its nice to know that I am not the only one who finds unexplained frustrating. 

Thank-you also Wraakgodin for your kind welcome...it appears that you are very experienced and have loads of knowledge on where to find useful info.  Your story provides me with some reassurance of hope.

I visited Hartlepool today and I was advised by my consultant that she would like to try me with  the short protocol in the new year and she mentioned about trying to gain weight!  I am slightly underweight. Which will be different for me to put weight on. I am not complaining, just got skinny genes. So my DH is now encouraging me to eat lots of sweets.
Good Luck to all of you who are on journey of treatment/IVF and get  good results.
Take Care. Annie.x
:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.