Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies,

Just to say there is new guidance , at last!!!!!

I work in  civil service and there is new guidance regarding oral warnings and time off for fertility treatment, I only know because i looked up the guides !!
Maybe things are moving with the times after all!!

I hope this helps ladies in a similar position to myself I am about to challenge a recent decison made on me due to time off for fertility drug side-effects ...

Please feel free to in mail me should you require more info ..

Regards

Ju x x x     

·
Registered
693 Posts
Hi Ju
Just wondering how will you challenge this, what can others do in similar situations???

thanks

als x

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
I think it is a good idea to be a member of a workplace union who can help give you support - in the civil service there are three main unions - pcs, prospect and fda (for senior civil servants).

The guidelines I have read recently for the government department I work for state that fertility appointments should be treated as normal hospital appointment for attendence monitoring and that any sickness as a result should be treated the same any other sickness. 

If sickness is pregnancy related (and this includes a m/c) then this absence will not be counted towards your sick record.

I'm not sure what they variance may be between departments - theer are some differences for example with length of paid maternity leave.

Hope this helps  :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.