Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am a new to FF, my friend told me about it who is also on the long road to motherhood.  I have been TTC since Sept 06 without joy!.  My DP of 6 yrs already has a daughter 11 yrs old whom is in our FT care, and which we both adore - however its time for a brother or sister.  Never did I think it could be so difficult.  You spend half your life preventing a pregnancy, and then praying you were.  My current situation is that we have had all the bloods/tests and the SA test done.  All is good, and they have detected ovulation.  I am now waiting for my laparoscopy next week to see if there is any underlying problems with my engine.  After that they have suggested Clomid.  Because my partner already has a daughter we have to fund the treatment ourselves which is most irritating as i have alway worked paid my dues to the NHS ^bigbad^ however rant over.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that a baby will be on the horizon ^pray^

GillyV

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Hi GillyV  ^hello^

Welcome to FF!

Good luck with your Lap next week and hopefully it will give you some answers :)

Hope you get your  ^BFP^ soon!

Elle xx

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hi GillyV and welcome to FF. 

This is a great site and you will find lots of help and support from people who understand your position.

Caz, Dizzi or Louj will be along to give you some help on navigating the site (I know it can be a bit daunting at first) and will leave you links to some of the boards which may be of most interest to you.

It sounds really positive that you have good results from all of your blood tests and your SA.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

I hope everything goes ok with your laparoscopy next week and will keep my ^fingerscrossed^ that they don't find any problems.

Wishing you lots of luck and  ^fairydust^

Foxy x

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Hi GillyV,

Welcome! I know it can be nerve wracking waiting for a lap so I'm glad you've logged in.

I had my lap on 22nd April and I put a some detailed posts on the site about it. (I think you will find it in the investigations and immunology section.) It is a no holes barred description of how I felt and what happened but you might find it helpful.

Lots of luck,

Katie4

·
Registered
147 Posts
gillyV- hello and welcome, i have found FF really helpful, its fantastic to talk to other people in a similar situation and get advise, although you have to remember everyone is different so dont worry if you read something thats not so good it doesnt mean the same to you (does that make sense!?)

i had my lap & dye last july and all was well, i was off for 2wks, cpz of the GA, to be honest i probably could of gone back earlier, but the whole TTC was so much to cope with i decided to make the most of the sick note!

DH has 2 boys from a previous marriage (you sound very lucky to have such a good relationship with DH daughter) so our investigations were complete we had to go private, but you just have to try and forget that and just get one with it, this stuggle to TTC bring so many other stresses you must try not to think about the £.

good luck hun.

x

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
^hello^
& Welcome to FF GillyV ^hugme^
Its Good to read your tests so far have come back fine ^fingerscrossed^ the Lap does to ^reiki^
although this may mean you fall into the unexplained area of Infertility,
It is sad that a couple has to pay when the man has children already especially if the problems are on the womans side, theres plent of posts with members having the same rant as you hun, its unfair, we recognise that ^hugme^
Because you are paying for tx, may I suggest you shop around for any treatment you have the nearest clinic may not be the best one for you ;)
I am going to leave you some direct links to boards here on FF - that you may or may not have found, I would like to encourage you to post in these areas to build friendships and support from members who really do have an understanding of your situation,

HFEA Website
http://www.hfea.gov.uk/en/1131.html

Meanings ~
CLICK HERE

Starting out & Diagnosis ~
CLICK HERE

What Every New Member Needs to Know
CLICK HERE

FERTILITY INFO GUIDES
CLICK HERE

Pre- natal Care ~
CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area
G&B – Community Fun board
CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our excellent chat room.
We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm ;)
where you can meet other new members and get Chatrrom support
and help to navigate the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

Take some time to look at the help tab too ;)

Check out the Locations boards for where you live & a site search for your clinic ;)

Wishing you Friendship ^fairydust^ & ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
^goodluck^ Dont forget to let us know how you get on!

If you need any help just ask!

~Dizzi~
^willy nilly^

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Guys

I had my Lap & Dye, got some unconfirmed feeback from the discharge nurse, as i could get to speak to the consult. I have posted more details on the peers post treatment thread (not wanting to bore you twice)  I'm going to ring the consult tomoz for firmer details, i keep you all posted.

Thanks again for your advise.

Gill x  ;)

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
Saw you pop into Chat last night, we were in the sub room (Chat School) sorry I couldnt pop out to you.

Good luck getting the info today, you may have to wait for the secartary to type/post a letter or till your reveiw appointment tho  :(

~Dizzi~

1 - 8 of 8 Posts