Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Just wanted to say hello as I've only just joined as a member and would appreciate being pointed in the right direction.  My DP and I are looking at DEIVF abroad and are considering a couple of clinics.  I've found the thread for IB and have actually put a post there just now.  What other threads should I be looking at or is it just a question of searching for particular clinics?

One thing I noticed in my post is that an email box has appeared on the left but no-one else seems to have the same icon displayed.  Should I remove this and if so how do I go about it?  I would like people to be able to contact me personally if they so wish - can they still do this without this email icon being there?  Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
12,192 Posts
to FF, Ruby!! This is a great website for support, information, laughter and friendship, it has kept me (relatively!) sane though all my treatment. Have a good look round the site, post in whatever section you want and make yourself at home. There are so many sections here with a huge amount of information, so whatever you are going through there will be someone here to help you.

You could ask on the donor egg/sperm section. I am sure some members have been or are going abroad and could offer some advice. CLICK HERE.

As far as the e-mail icon is concerned, some people have it, some people don't. I assume it is because they have entered an e-mail address in their details (the address itself isn't able to be seen by other members, just the icon). In all my years here (makes me sound ancient!) I have never received a message via e-mail, it has always been via PM, that is the preferred method of private communication.

Here are a couple of other links that I think might help you.

IVF General chat ~ CLICK HERE

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time. The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that. Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment ~ CLICK HERE

The What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) thread will give you some info on how to navigate the site ~ CLICK HERE

We also have a newbie night in the chat room every Wednesday where you can meet other new members and a few more experienced (I won't use the term "old"!) members will be there to answer any questions you have about the site. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

Please feel free to ask more questions here, or on any other part of the site, there will be wonderful helpful people there to give you lots of support, information and cyber hugs if you need it. We go through all the highs and lows of treatment together.

Good luck!

Sue ^hugme^

·
Premium Member
12,192 Posts
No, told you a lie - I have just double checked!  If you go to "profile" at the top of the page, and then "account settings" there is a "Allow users to email me" box which you can tick or untick.  People will still be able to send you a PM.

I have learnt something today!  ;D

Sue ^hugme^

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Sue,

Thanks very much for the welcome, I'm really pleased to have come across such a friendly site with so many people helping and encouraging each other.  I've never posted on other message boards before so it's a learning curve for me, but your advice about where to start has been great.  I've also managed to change my email icon as well.  Just have to get the hang of how to send personal messages now. 

It's going to be so great being able to "talk" to others going through the same or similar things - it makes it seem much less daunting to start the process of treatment abroad when you know that others are doing it right now. 

Ruby xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.