Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

This is my first time posting, I hope it works ok. 

I've just found this wonderful site, along with baby-banter.com, it's great though to find somewhere where I don't feel odd for needing so much help becoming pregnant again.

We were blessed with our first little girl who's now six, very quickly, but this time it's taking a long while. I have down reg booked for 2nd June, first cycle of ICSI.  I'd love to hear from people who are also going through this and have read loads of stuff already here which is really helpful, thank you!  :)

xx

/links

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hi Talitha,
Just wanted to wish you lots of luck for your treatment. I've just had my 2nd cycle of ICSI and got a BFP!! It CAN work so try and stay positive. If there's anything you want to know then just ask, I'll be happy to help if I can.
Blown you some bubbles to get you started.
^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^
Sarah xx

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Sarah,

Thanks so much for getting back to me.  It's lovely to hear about your success too, I hope everything's going really well.  It's a strange time as I don't feel I really know what to expect, particularly with timescale, the nurse was really nice at my consultation but i can't say I really understood the process that well.  There's loads of good information on here though so I'll keep reading!  ^reiki^

Clare xxx (Sorry my username is my daughter's name should have said!!)  :)

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Hello Clare, welcome to Fertility Friends. :)

It must be incredibly frustrating to find it so hard to get pregnant again when it all went so well and so easy the first time. ^hugme^ How long have you been trying and, have you been given any reason why it's not happening for you now? I notice you say you are now doing ICSI so I assume some kind of male factor issue there? ???

You might find this useful guide to IVF helpful to you right now:

A Rough Guide To IVF ~ CLICK HERE

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time. The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that. You will fnd a thread, usually with a funny/inspiring name for this year's buddies. Just pop along to the appropriate month (June / July) and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment.

Cycle buddies ~ CLICK HERE

You might also make some friends on the Secondary Infertility boards here:

Secondary Infertility ~ CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area:

Girl & Boy talk - Community & Fun Board ~ CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our excellent chat room. We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm), where you can meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

You can also "meet" and chat with people in your local area through the Location boards. This is especially useful to find people who may be using the same clinic and or in the same PCT area.

And have a look at our new member FAQ if you haven't already:

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

Wishing you lost of luck! ^reiki^

C~x

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Hi Clare and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic site full of advice and support and you have been left some great links to try out.

How lovely to hear you have a DD. I just wanted to wish you loads of luck with your ICSI treatment and that it brings a brother or sister for your daughter.

Kate xx

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Hiya Talitha
welcome hun xx FF is great loads of support and advice and like u say its so nice t talk to others who are experiencing the tx as you. I have had 2 attempts at ICSI both ended in BFN :( however everyone is different and lets hope u get BFP 1st time  ;D sneding u  ^hugme^ and xxx GOOD LUCK!!! xxxxx

Sarah.........just wanna say CONGRATULATIONS  ;D on your BFP xxxxx

Hayleigh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts