Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all..
  Me&dp have been ttc for 6yrs.. unexplained infertility :( Failed icsi, 1 m/c from fet, 1 m/c naturally.. We are on the waiting list for 2free ivf/icsi cycles.. In the meantime I still cling to hope we can do it naturally, I ovulate late, day 24 on a 30day cycle is usual for me & i wonder if this could have caused my early miscarriage(natural) or prevents me falling pregnant.. despite all the tests we have had&doctors we've seen this subject had never been raised. Recently at a check with my local doc's i told her my concerns, she said as long as i ovulate, even if i ovulate late in my cycle falling pg shouldnt be a problem.. just wondering if anyone else have similar worries or advice/opinions??
Thanx xxx

·
Premium Member
12,192 Posts
to FF, Kellymarie!! This is a great website for support, information, laughter and friendship, it has kept me (relatively!) sane though all my treatment. Have a good look round the site, post in whatever section you want and make yourself at home. There are so many sections here with a huge amount of information, so whatever you are going through there will be someone here to help you.

To be honest, I don´t know whether late ovulation would make a difference or not. I hope other members read your post and can give you some advice. I assume your doc would know, but it would be worth raising these concerns before your next lot of treatment as they would be the experts in the field. We have been marked down as unexplained as well. My opinion is that there must be something wrong or we would have conceived, wouldn´t we? But my DH said that sometimes things just happen (or don´t happen!), there doesn´t have to be a reason. This is when I resist the temptation to hit him!

I am so sorry to hear about your m/c, we have a Pregnancy, Stillbirth & Neonatal loss section ~ CLICK HERE which you may be interested in.

Here are a few other links that I think might help you.

ICSI ~ CLICK HERE

Keep a diary of your treatment (or read the experiences of others) ~ CLICK HERE

Complimentary, Holistic and Spiritual Approaches ~ CLICK HERE

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time. The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that. Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment ~ CLICK HERE

The What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) thread will give you some info on how to navigate the site ~ CLICK HERE

If you look on the main forum index you will find location boards. You can find others in your area, and even people going to the same clinic who will provide invaluable advice - some groups even have meet ups.

Please feel free to ask more questions here, or on any other part of the site, there will be wonderful helpful people there to give you lots of support, information and cyber hugs if you need it. We go through all the highs and lows of treatment together.

Good luck, I hope your next cycle brings better news. ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Sue ^hugme^

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hi Kellymarie

I'm not an expert but I have read about people who ovulate late in the cycle suffering from what's called "Luteal Phase defect", this is when there is too little time between ovulation and your period (AF). It might be worth looking into.
I did a simple google search and this came up
http://www.gettingpregnant.co.uk/luteal-phase-defect-conception-problems.html

I hope it helps and your treatment is successful ^reiki^ ^hugme^
xxx

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that fertilityfriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

1 - 3 of 3 Posts