Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, ihad all the usual tests 3 weeks ago and foung out I have blocked tubes. I feel a bit mixed up and not sure how to feel quite emotional really but my follow up appointment is on Wed so wqas just wondering of you could advise me of the questions I need to ask. I'm not really too sure yet. Also I still get pain since op is this normal more on one side that the other feels a bit like burning and dull not very sharp?
thankyou for your time bert :eek:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hi Berti & Welcome

I'm sorry to hear about your dx. It's completely understandable how you feel, we have all been there. I personally was devasted when i was told i had a blocked tube. I had had many internal scans and nothing appeared to be amiss. Then i had a HSG (dye xray) just as the 'next step' not really expecting anything to be wrong. So i was gutted when i found out about the blockage.
I know how hard it is at first, but you will come to terms with it and start to feel more positive.  ^reiki^

As for your appointment wednesday - i'm sure your consultant will explain their findings more fully and advise you of your options.
I'm afraid my limited knowledge is restricted to Hydrosalpinx.
IF your blockage is due to this, you could ask about tx you can have for this. Possibilities include draining, clipping and removing altogether.
I don't know how much you know about all this and whether Hydro is actually what you have so i don't want to go into too much detail and scare the wits out of you!  ;)

I would say go on weds and try and take in as much as possible - then come home and digest what the dx is. Then you can do some reading up about it and work out from there what you need to know before making any decisions.

Try not to be too down (i know that's easily said) but there are lots of treatments out there and lots of women with tubal problems that go on to have successful pregnancies.

Feel free to contact me if i can help at all. Sending you lots of luck and  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ for wednesday, let us know how you get on?

Love
ttc
xx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts