Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new here, I have been looking through this website for help/advice.  I don't know whether this is the place to type out my frustrations.  Today I got my period having spent the last 12 months pretty much on 2ww's.  I am so down and getting fed up, why am I not pregnant, I am in my late twenties, there is nothing diagnosed wrong with me and my husband so why is it not working ?  what can be the problem.  I used to have high prolactin levels so have been through extensive investigations including those affecting fertility and they dischared me as being 'normal' a few years back (when I wasn't thinking of having babies) now I want them and I can't....The horrible thing is when I was in my late teens I got pregnant accidentally but didn't go through with the pregnancy - so I am thinking that I have ruined my only chance of conceiving and that I am being punished.  I think at least it means my eggs are ok, right ?  Or do they deteriate over time ?
I am pretty desperate and if there is anyone out there that might understand or share my frustrating situation a friendly note would be much appreciated.
Thanks for listening
Kay

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Oh hun you sound really hacked off! 

I too had a pregnancy terminated years ago & am certain I'm being punished - the surgeon was a complete to$$er & said "This could be the only baby your body can produce & you're killing it" - it's haunted me for the last 12 years. 

When I returned to uni as a mature student I made friends with another mature student who had had 2 terminations & had gone on to have two healthy children. 

Without going over it all again, I had my reasons (have posted my story on "introducing the iui girls") for my decision & i guess we shouldn't beat ourselves up about it.

Without trying to sound patronising, you have got time on your side, advances are always being made in ivf so you will probably get there in the end.  Keep posting on this site - you'll wonder what you did without it in a few weeks!

Good luck & stay strong!

Jess x

·
Registered
103 Posts
Welcome to the site.
I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling so down.
As you can see below I too am unelplained and it's a real pain not knowing whats wrong.....
I also had a termination when I was younger and have thought sometimes what if.........
But it's not good to dwell on the past and I'm sure that the stress isn't good for us ttc.
Just try to concentrate on the future. Have your docs advised you to have any infertility treatment?
I'm sure you'll meet lots of women who will helpfull on this site, as I have.
If ever you want to chat you can always contact me.
Also the live chat is very good every night to ask questions to people going through the same as us.
I wish you all the luck in the future TTC.
Luv Sunny.xx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.