Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I joined a couple of weeks ago and since been reading some of your stories with much interest.

I have just started the adoption journey if I can even call it that as I have literally made the first step by inquiring with my la. Have an info pack and some dates to go to an intro day.

My DH and I have been ttc for the last 4 yrs au natural and have the option to go down the fertility drug route but we are seriously thinking otherwise and instead going down the adoption route.

It feels like it is the right path to take for us however any advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Adoption and Fostering Board  :)

You'll find lots of helpful advice and support here, and we'd be happy to answer any questions that you may have.

You may wish to post in the Adoption Chat Thread, where many of our prospective adopters and those who have already adopted share their experinces.

My DH and I tcc au natural for 2 years before finding out that without treatment it would never happen, and we went straight down the adoption road.  That was 4 and a half years ago now, and we have 2 wonderful children.  :)

Looking forward to getting to know you

Bx

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hi and welcome  ^wave^

As Boggy has already said you may want to join in the Adoption Chat Thread.  I've been a member of FF for a while now but I'm quite new to posting on the adoption boards, the ladies are lovely and friendly and will answer any questions  :)

Here's my experience - I have been down the treatment route and it's a rollercoaster journey.  It's a hard stressful journey and my hubby and I felt we were in a dark place alot of the time.  We had always thought about adoption from the start but felt we needed to try treatment so that we could put it behind us and move on without thinking what could have been.  I always felt quite negative about treatment.  We are now in the early stages of adoption and it is a much more positive experience.  We are back to our 'normal' selves and feel so excited about this journey and it's definatley the right thing for us.  I would never go back now to the treatment route. 

Best wishes, Charlie x

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome to the boards  :) I'm fairly new on here too, but am further along my journey. It's lovely to read posts from others who know exactly how you're feeling at any given stage. The waiting is hard, but you know that from ttc, and I can honestly say that our journey has been insightful, interesting, emotional and so worth it! Hope your experience is as positive as mine has been so far.
x

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your replies, it feels like such a relief to have somewhere to come and talk and to learn from other peoples experiences. I have so many questions going through my head right now which I guess is to be expected but reading all your own experiences is definitely helping to iron some of them out so to speak!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hiya

I'm new too, me and OH didn't want to do IVF either, We would rather have a child that needs to be loved but feel a little odd for thinking that.

We have a interview with the social services lined up and I'm really nervous, especially as we apprently have quite a lot against us, despite looking good on paper, hey ho!

Me

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hi mum-in-waiting  ^wave^

You're not odd at all  :)  Just wanted to wish you luck with your SW visit.  We were so nervous beforehand but it went fine and she put us at our ease.  The visit flew over, it was about an hour and a half and I would have been happy for her to stay even longer! 

Let us know how you get on.

xx

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi mum-in-waiting and welcome.  Nice to be in touch with someone else in similar situation and also at beginning of process. I get the impression some people think I should be doing everything possible to have my own baby but I really don't feel that need and instead feel the adoption route is definitely the right one for us. Still got 4 weeks to go until our info days, funnily enough have one on the Friday and then another with a different LA on the Saturday, then we will have to decide who to go forward with. Good luck with your interview.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for all the welcomes, interested to hear you have contacted two LA's, we have just approached our local one as that seemed sensible but everything seems to be taking so long!

·
Registered
113 Posts
WE also approached 2 LA and were accepted by both and then had to make a decision as to which one to go for.... tricky to know if it's the right one, but everything is going OK, so i guess that's all you can hope for.

Fergux

1 - 10 of 10 Posts