Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I've just found this site and thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm 35 and DH is 40 we've been ttc for the past 3 years. Last November we were told that there is no chance to conceive naturally as DH's sperm don't swim. Our only option is IVF / ICSI.

We're registered with a private clinic and hope to begin our first cycle shortly. I'm not good with needles (but then who really is) and am feeling very nervous about the process. 

I've also been finding it very hard to deal emotionally with this as I've always wanted a family. My friends don't really know what to say to us to the extent that they now avoid all mention and restrict contact. So I have been feeling rather low and alone. Delighted to find somewhere with other people who have gone through the same thing where I can talk.

Edna

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Hi Edna,

Welcome to FF.  You are definately in the right place for support, advice and friendship. 

IVF is so hard and it can definately make you feel very isolated.  It is hard for friends to know what to say or do - and they are very good at saying completely the wrong thing!!!  But I have found that since I've been posting on this site I dont feel so alone and whatever questions, doubts, or upsets I have there is always someone here who has been through it and can understand how I feel.

Good luck for your cycle.  Why not find your cycle buddies - they are the people who are going through a treatment cycle at the same time as you.  I really recommend it - you can support each other through the process and as you will be posting with them for a month or two you can make some really good friends along the way.  Just look on the message board index page and you will see the cycle buddies section.  All you do is click on the appropriate month and post there (or join a thread that has already been started).

All the best,
Love Olwen xxx

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hi Edna, welcome to ff

I found this site a great help, its good to chat with people who know what you are going through  :)
I understand about feeling alone, although I do have alot of support from family & friends, I also have my best friend who is pg with her 5th child, so thats also hard for me sometimes, although I do spend alot of time round her house & her boys are great, I love them to bits. I just wish it was me with all them kids. Needles? Don't even get me started! I have a big needle phobia, I have to have the numbing cream when I have blood tests  ;D I watched that programme on ivf & saw all the needles & my whole body started shaking  ^scared^ I try to forget about them now
We just have to think  ^reiki^ & keep trying for our dreams  ^fairydust^
take care noodle xx

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for both of your posts Olwen and Noodle. Its nice to feel less alone.

I am keen to find some cycle buddies and will join as soon as  my dates are confirmed.

Heres hoping it works out.

Love

Edna

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.