Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,

Holly is tow months old and loves her playgym...I read to her and take her for walks in the pram . We sing nursery rhymes and she has a cd . We have crinkly toys with different textures , rattles , musical instruments. She has classical music cds

She loves her baby massage and lullaby class too.
She even loves watchin music videos although I limit this and make sure shes a logn way away from the tv

She loves pulling on a helium balloon i got for my dads birthday supervised of course! and an old fashioned windmill ( we all must have had one as a child)

I feel she needs more stumulation has anyone got any ideas??

Love Ju x x   

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Wow Ju - sounds to me like you already give her loads of stimulation!

Personally I wouldn't be too concerned at 2 months old of trying too much else, you could actually get into a situation of 'over stimulation' and could make her too dependant on you always providing her with stimulation.  She only needs very basic things at the moment, I would say right down to something so simple as having a mirror beside her that she can look in while lying on the floor/playmat.  Babies love looking at mirror images and do not realise for a long time that the baby they are looking at is themselves.

Sorry I can't be of any real help here - as you have already pretty much covered all bases of what you can do with such a young baby.

Love,

Sue xxx

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
I agree with Sue...it sounds like you're providing her with everything she needs right now  :) The best things for a baby of this age are the talking/singing/looking at faces- often the simplest!

And another problem with an over-stimulated baby is that she can't wind down and finds it hard to switch off and go to sleep.

Love Jo xx

·
Premium Member
4,758 Posts
When C was that age, he used to be fascinated by just watching me sort out washing and hanging clean washing up to dry!!  ^idiot^ ;D ;D

Those where the days!!  ;D ;D ;D

Even something as simple as this will be enough for your LO, as just the change in scenery will provide LO's with lots to look at xx

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Kitten !

Jo she doesnt have a problem getting off to sleep and I can sense when shes had enough I dont introduce lots of things at once just vary ideas and her routine
LOve ju x 

1 - 6 of 6 Posts