Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone my name is Vivienne hopefully i will be starting ICSI this year.  My friend has had fertility treatment and last month had twins so i know there is hope for me. Been trying for 3 years and i have pcos and endometreosis but never got treatment for that they concentrated on me not ovulating and now my hubby has problems which weren't recognised before. So my 12 months waiting is up in June/july so i no anytime from there i will get the call. Main prob at mo is my weight which i need to loose 2-3 stone and i start weight watchers on Thurs so fingers crossed i can do it, well i have to or its no IVF for me.
Anyway would love to speak to people who have gone through the same.
Thanks for listening

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Hi Vivienne,
Welcome to FF its a great site and you will get loads of advice here, good luck with your future treatment.
Hugs Charley xxx :) :)

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hiya Vivienne

Welcome to Fertility Friends

Its a brilliant site

Lots of support and friendship to be found here

If u pop onto the site update thread there is a section there called belly buddies, which is a private thread which u can be added to by tony or mel, its like out little diet club, where we all support each other along the way and have a few laughs too.

Also until u begin ur treatment, why not pop along and join the chitter chatters its a thread towards the bottom of the message board index, everyone is really friendly and know that u will be made welcome.

Looking forward to seeing u around the site
Best wishes
(from a fellow pcos and endo FF)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi Vivienne,

Just wanted to welcome you to FF!  I'm sure you'll find it a great support leading up to, during and after your treatment - it has certainly helped me.

I too am in a desperate bit to lose a stone or two in the new year (got to get through the Chrimbo chocolates first though!!).  I had my first cycle of ICSI last November, which sadly failed.  My consultant told me that everything went really well, and that the only way to improve my chances would be to stick to a diet and exercise regime and lose the weight to get my BMI to under 30.  My DP is keen to get started as soon as possible, but I've told him it's just a waste of money, so I'm determined to lose the weight I need to in the next couple of months if I can :(.

I suffer from PCOS as well, but while I was having the preliminary tests my consultant suggested a test to see if I had insulin resistence, which is associated with PCOS.  To my horror, the test came back positive, so now I'm taking Metformin tablets.  They should help me to shift some weight once my diet starts!

Well, best of luck with your weightloss and your treatment, when your turn finally comes!

Kittikatxx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts