Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Have been trying for about 4 years and after numerous cycles of clomid then 2 IUI BFN am feeling quite un-positive although have just began IVF in Greece ( I live there about 4 hours from Athens!) 3rd day of gonal injections, thought I'd die the first time. Am seriously alone only I speak English out of all of my friends and talking about this stuff is difficult in another language. My husband is Albanian and so testostronally finds it all difficult and has taken to working all hours god sends. Am really unsure as to what IVF really means have read endless sites on procedure but want to know more about extra stuff I can do to help myself.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Hi Kleri,

Welcome to Fertility Friends.

Sorry to hear that neither clomid or IUI has worked for you.  I've had IVF twice now, resulting in my twin boys.  With regards of what you should do - bit of a minefield.  Eat healthy, drink plenty (water), don't get stressed (easier said than done), rest - the list could go on and on.  On my 2nd attempt I started acupuncture about 2/3 months before and I believe that helped me.

Sorry really not much help but I'm sure somebody will be along shortly to help.

Goodluck

Sharon xx

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
^hello^
& Welcome to FF Kleri ^hugme^
Sorry for the delay in replying :-[
I am sorry to read your past efforts have been unsucessfyl and that your DH is struggling too, Infertility is not an easy diagnosis, as to things that are not procedure the best advice is to do what makes you feel happy or relaxed, whether its swimming reflexology Acupuncture or just dancing to a cd! Prehaps try a visulization CD
there is plenty of advice stories that will inspire you and helpful hints on coping, and you can share the journey with others who are at the same stage as you in the language of your choice!
I hope the earthquake today has not affected you, let us know your OK if you can ^Cuddle^

I am going to leave you some direct links to boards here on FF - although I am not certain as to your diagniosis so there may be other areas on FF that will interest you that you may or may not have found, I would like to encourage you to post in these areas to build friendships and support from members who really do have an understanding of your situation, You may find there is an active running thread for ladies having treatment at the same clinic as you check both the ICSI & IVF boards as we don't have separate clinic threads for each
While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time.
The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that.
You will find a thread, usually with a funny/inspiring name for this year's buddies. Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment.

For Cycle buddies -
CLICK HERE

Complimentary threapies ~
CLICK HERE

Starting out & Diagnosis ~
CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area
G&B – Community Fun board
CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our excellent chat room.
We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm ;)
where you can meet other new members and get Chatrrom support
and help to navigate the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

Take some time to look at the help tab too ;)

Check out the Locations boards for where you live & a site search for your clinic ;)

Wishing you Friendship ^fairydust^ & ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
^goodluck^ Dont forget to let us know how you get on!

If you need any help just ask!

~Dizzi~
^willy nilly^

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Hi Kleri :)

Welcome to FF! You will find lots of information on this forum - I've only been a member a short time and already have learned so much. Sorry you haven't got anyone to talk to about what you are going through :( You can ask anything you need to know on the peer support boards. You may find the During treatment board very useful.

How are you getting on with the gonal f injections?

Take care,
Elle x

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
I am sorry that your IUI didn't work sweetheart  ^hugme^ I had 2 failed IUI's last year too hon but will be starting IVF August/September time.

Using the search board you can find a variety of foods and tips for during IVF. Brazil nuts and Pineapple are favorites and also if you start putting a hot water bottle on your belly from now until egg collection it thickens the womb lining up and helps follicles grow  ;)

xxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts