Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
been a regular reader for the last 12 months but only just joined. I'm 36 and dh is 35 and after 2 years of trying we went to the doctors to discover dh has v low sperm count and what's there is not that mobile.

Went along for all the usual tests including the lovely hsg and no problems were found.  We had all the tests at Roehampton ACU & stuck with it as they seemed really friendly and it is a lovely stroll through Richmond Park for me.

1st ICSI - 6 eggs, 3 embies good grades but didn't work.
2nd ICSI - no further tests but upped my dosage to get more eggs - ended up over stimulating one side and had to go ahead with just 3 follicles - got 2 embies again v good grades but no pregnancy. 
Decided to change to Mr Trew at Hammersmith who had been recommended - he's been brilliant and has made me realise how poor Roehampton was - I hadn't even had a blood test since the screening ones carried out before the 1st ICSI!

Mr Trew's investigations have shown that I have endometriosis which was zapped away yesterday - v sore tummy today!  I'm now feeling frustrated and annoyed as I feel the last 2 attempts have been a waste of time (and I've lost my chance at NHS funding as I'm on my third private go).  Hopefully I'll start number 3 either in August or September but it's hard to stay positive and not angry.

I'd love to hear from anyone whose had similar experiences or anyone who can tell me how long it will be before my stomach (post laparoscopy) is back to normal!!

Jayne

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Hi Jayne

Welcome to FF!!  You have made a good decision to join in as you will now benefit from the amazing amount of support you can get from everyone.

I can't give you any advice about your situation but I can tell you that when I had my lap my stomach only hurt for a couple of days so it's not too bad.

Good Luck with your next attempt!!

Lisa
xx

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hello and welcome to FF.  I too am a fairly new member and already I don't know what I'd do without this site!

Sorry to hear that you have had such a rough ride up til now - hopefully things will get much better for you.

Good luck :)

Lynne

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi there
Sorry to hear of your failed ICSI but hoping that now you've had the endo zapped that this will help improve things for you...sending you  ^reiki^  :)
I was diagnosed with severe endo 17 yrs ago at my 1st lap & have had several ops for it over the years (laser, diathermy & exicision).
Since you actually had laser to remove the endo (so was more than a diagnostic lap) it may take a few weeks for you to feel back to "normal".  I've had 4 lap/dyes & after all of them I've been signed off for at least 2 weeks.  It may only look like a small incision from the outside but you need to allow it to heal properly inside. You're bound to feel sore & pretty tender since your "insides" have been poked, prodded & lasered !  Because they pump gas into your pelvic cavity this is what causes more swelling - drinking peppermit cordial or peppermint tea really helps ease the bloatedness.  You're probably still aching from the anaesthetic as well.  Take it easy & rest up, don't try to push yourself & let your body recover in its own time....like I say, after all my ops its been about 2 weeks before I've felt back to normal....
Good luck & take care
Natasha  :)

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Hi Jayne....welcome to FF :)

Hope you are feeling ok......after my laser tx, i seem to remember it only took me a few days before my tummy was feeling a bit more normal. I was playing tennis a week later although i wouldn't recommend it as i think i was probably overdoing it a bit ;)

I can understand why you are feeling a bit peed off though.....really hope that things will work out for you now that you've had the endo sorted :)

I leave you a link for the icsi board....http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php/board,31.0.html

Loads of luck, Lizzy xxxx

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Ladies,
thanks for the welcome and advice on the lap.  Happily the tummy seems to be settling down although it's still swollen - either that or I'm eating too much chocolate!

Natasha, thanks for the peppermint tea suggestion - it does seem to have helped on the bloated feeling.  The lap I had was a bit of a of diagnostic and treatment rolled into one - my HSG showed blocked tubes which the consultant thought was going to be scarring from ICSI attempt 2.  He was going to tie off the tube if the damage had been too severe but he actually found that it was endo and treated it there and then.  I'm hoping it wasn't too severe as had no symptoms before and a clear HSG last October but having read the endo thread I believe it can come back in less than a year.  Seeing consultant on 27th to sort out next steps, hopefully start ICSI 3 in August or Septemeber so will have a list of questions for him then.

Thanks again and good luck to all of you.
Love
Jayne xx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.