Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - first time I've joined any sort of web-forum thing, but I've been reading lots of your posts over the last few months and finally decided to join in - you certainly seem a supportive group!

We've been TTC for over 2 years now. Initially DH was told he had very low sperm morphology so despite having a good count, we weren't having much luck. Then last June we actually got pregnant - I still remember how breathtaking it was to see that little positive line on the test after so many negatives. I must have stared at it for an hour, then did another 3 to be sure I wasn't going crazy. We had an early scan at 8 weeks and the baby didn't make it - to wait for so long and to want this so badly it was just cruel. I thought I'd never be able to function again but here I am. It's a heartbreaking roller coaster ride isn't it? His results are now much better after cutting down on alcohol and losing weight, but then they said we had unexplained infertility. Which is so infuriating - there is nothing to fix because technically nothing is wrong - except we can't get pregnant!! Decided to bite the bullet in March and embark on IVF. I started down regging 2 weeks ago and had a scan to confirm all was quiet a couple of days ago, so just started GONAL F injections. All of a sudden it seems to be real, and I could be going for egg collection as early as next weekend - EEK! Half terrified and convinced this will never work - half convinced it will work and I might actually, finally have a little baby of my own. Seems such an impossible dream sometimes. Does it ever feel to anyone else like the entire world is pregnant? How do you cope?
I think I'm doing all the right things - no alcohol or strenous exercise, drinking lots of water and keeping protein intake high. Any other tips on how to get those follicles going so we can get as many eggs as possible?!
I know everyone else here is struggling with heartache and despair and hope - but it is nice to know I'm not alone  and someone else really does understand how this feels!
xx

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hi McG! So sorry to hear of your MC ^hugme^ I never managed to get a positive but I can imagine how crushing it was that the little one didn't make it.
I'm on day 7 of stims so I'm a little bit ahead of you, how are you finding it?
I have been taking Pregancare Conception for about 2 years, and have got DH taking Wellman Conception too - for best results they say to start taking 3 months prior to conception but it can't hurt to start; other than that I've just been trying to eat healthily, cut out alcohol and caffeine and drinks lots (including Powerade which I hate!).

There's a thread where lots of ladies who are undergoing treatment at the mintue are hanging out, it's located here:
http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=262264.0;topicseen <--- it moves quite quickly but I've found it really helpful!

Hope you're ok xxx

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Totoro - I'm on day 4 of stims and finding it ok so far - which means I've convinced myself already that it isn't working! I think they maybe take some time to get into your system though? Hoping it won't be too bad, but don't really mind if it does the job.
I was taking the pregnacare conception for the last couple of years but just moved onto the zita west pills - annoyingly though there are 5 pills to take throughout the day rather than just popping one in the morning and being done with it!
Avoiding red wine has been pretty tough - and I miss my beloved coffee like I didn't think was possible! What is the tip about powerade? I thought I'd read that somewhere else but wasn't sure what it was about?
Also thanks for the other thread, I'll hop over there and have a look - there is so much to this site that I get lost now and again!!
Fingers crossed for lots of healthy, happy eggs!
xx

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Welcome to FF, McG ! This is a great website for support, information, laughter and friendship. It helped me a great deal throughout my treatment. Have a good look round the site, post in whatever section you want and make yourself at home. There are so many sections here with a huge amount of information, so whatever you are going through there will be someone here to help.

Yes you are doing all the right things! It's really hard but try to relax, I used a meditation CD during my IVF cycle that I found very soothing. Best of luck for your ec ^reiki^

Here are some links I think you may find helpful

Fertility Information Guides

CLICK HERE

IVF

CLICK HERE

Unexplained

CLICK HERE

You may want to start a diary of your fertility journey

CLICK HERE

You might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time. The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that. You can join in now CLICK HERE

You will soon be on the 2ww so here is a link to "ladies in waiting" CLICK HERE

The What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) thread will give you some info on how to navigate the site
CLICK HERE

If you look on the main forum index you will find location boards. You can find others in your area, and even people going to the same clinic who will provide invaluable advice - some groups even have meet ups.

Please feel free to ask more questions here, or on any other part of the site, there will be wonderful helpful people there to give you lots of support and information.

Pinkcat

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hey McG!
Last night was the first night I really had symptoms from stims. I feel so bloated and uncomfortable :( I hadn't heard of Zita West or her pills by the time I had started treatment; I do have her IVF CD though, I find it really relaxing but it sends me to sleep really quickly - I hope it still works! ;D

Apparently Powerade or any isotonic sports drink (not containing caffeine) helps to ward off OHSS, I think it also helps if you're drinking alot to suplement with it as you don't want to dilute the minerals etc in your body.

Hope you're ok ^fairydust^

1 - 5 of 5 Posts