Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi  I am a new Member and thought I would tell you all a little about myself.

I have lived in Kent for 4 years but originate from Nottinghamshire.  I am 33 this Sunday and will be starting ICSI treatment this weekend for the first time.  Mr partner and I were trying for a baby for 2 years when I was diagnosed with Endometriosis which has now been operated on.  We have also found out that my partner's sperm count is low therefore needed ICSI to give us the best chance of a baby.  I am really nervous about the whole thing and thought I would register with this website in order to talk to people in the same boat as me.  I would love to hear from anyone out there!

JeniWren

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Hi

We're having ICSI - hopefully starting in March.  I'm really nervous too.  I keep going through stages where I think 'This'll be a breeze!' and then I go through the stages of thinking 'Oh My God!!!' and then freak myself out by thinking about the procedures and stuff!!  ^banana^

We have been trying for nearly 3 years now & have been told that my hubby's swimmers  ^sperm^ have a really low normalcy rate.  Adding to that, my GP thinks I have PCOS, but the hospital disagree - fun huh?

You are not on your own.  You will find so many people going through what you are going through.  It really helps to get through the difficult/worrying/anxious/etc times.

^hugme^

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
^hello^ JeniWren,

I just wanted to say GOOD LUCK ^goodluck^ with your ICSI cycle.  I'm currently in the middle of my second attempt.  Its a bit easier than the first because at least now I know what is going on and what to expect.  If you have any specific questions about what is in store for you, I suggest you go to the ICSI general chat part of the message board and post there - there are lots of lovely ladies there who will be able to help you. 

Also have a look for yor cycle buddies - people going through treatment in January-February.  Its really great having people who are going through tx at the same time as you - you can help each other out, share experiences, encourage each other when things get a bit tough, and of course celebrate together when things go well.

I hope it all goes well for you and that your dreams come true.
Love Olwen xx

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hiya Jeniwren

Welcome to the fertility friends support

You will get lots of support here

Good luck with ur icsi treatment, why not pop along to the icsi thread

Theres also cycle buddies find ur Month jan/feb and go and meet ur cycle buddies it will really help u get thru with others that are going thru the same things that u r and help u along ur treatment

There is also an Endo thread here too.

Theres an endo chit chat session held every other thursday but the next one isnt until 26th Janurary now

Theres an endo chat section which is located on the inbetween treatment section, its where we endo girls congregate for a bit of a chat and offer each other a bit of support.

Wishing u lots of luck with ur cycle
Best wishes
Emilyxx

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Hi JeniWren,

Welcome to FF!  Its a fab site and you will soon feel at home here.

If there is anything you are unsure of,please ask.

Good Luck.

Laine x

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Hello Jeniwren,
Just wanted to wish you loads of luck with
your upcoming icsi treatment, hope everything goes well
hugs Charley xx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts