Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm Cheri and am new to this site.  I found it in the Take a Break winter edition

I am 31 years old and have been trying for a baby with my husband for the last 10 years but so far no luck and the doctors and hospital won't help me because i'm a little overweight!!

Hope to make new friends and chat soon

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Hi Cheri, it's great you found ff, everyone is very supportive and friendly, i'm sure it's the only thing that keeps me sane (ish!)  ;D
Good luck on your journey, keep chatting it really does help!

Ktcuddles
X

·
Premium Member
12,192 Posts

Welcome to FF, LilPixie!! This is a great website for support, information, laughter and friendship, it has kept me (relatively!) sane though all my treatment! I am glad you found us, I didn't realise we were mentioned in Take a Break!

I went through exactly the same as you so I know how annoying it can be. Our hospital would only treat me if my BMI was under 35. I managed to lose 12 kilos to get it under and after several failed IUI treatments, my first IVF treatment worked. They were going to cancel my IVF because my BMI had gone over, that is what happens when you have treatment in the New Year and you go to your parents for Christmas! ;) They took into account the weight I had lost so far (and the fact that it was just a bit of Christmas weight) and bent the rules and let treatment go ahead - it was good that they did because we are blessed with a gorgeous daughter.

Please feel free to ask more questions here, or on any other part of the site, there will be wonderful helpful people there to give you lots of support, information and hugs if you need it. We go through all the highs and lows together.

Sue ^hugme^

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.