Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there everyone, Just wanted to introduce myself properly. I am new to this site and I'm now well and truly hooked. I think this is such a great site, I wish I had found it sooner. My name is Kelly, I am 24 Been TTC now for 5 years or so. We finally went to our GP approx 2 and a half years ago. He referred us to CRM Unit. My husband had 2 sperm^sperm^tests, I had various blood tests, 2 scans and an endometrium? (dye inserted into my fallopian tubes to check they were ok) We had to go back to the Unit 17th Aug 04 (3 days before my wedding) to get the results. The doctor said that some of my DH sperm were abnormally shaped? but that this wasnt a major problem. They decided that the best treatment for us was IUI. We were told we would receive an appointment around Jan 05 to start our IUI treatment. End of Jan this year and no appointment had come through so I decided to call them. The Clinic apologised and said that due to staff shortages there was a backlog of patient appointments so we were looking towards the end of this year for an appointment. Two weeks ago we had an appointment come through post to say that they were ready to start our treatment and we have to go to the CRM unit on Mon 11th April 05 for a consulatation. I am very excited but very nervous too. I dont know what to expect from the consulation, how soon they will start our treatment after the appointment etc. It has been a very long journey so far and I know that this is now just the beginning. It is my little bit of hope though I am not trying to get my hopes up too high either as I have got my hopes up so many times in the last 5 years, and its soooo hard when youre let down. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what to expect from my consultation and how soon we will start treatment after this. I wish you all a nice day and thankyou all for allowing me to be part of your group. Thanks for listening. Kelly xx

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Hi Kelly,

I just wanted to wish you lots of GOOD LUCK for your appointment on Monday.  I should think the first consultation will just be to explain how the IUI works and maybe review your test results - if they are happy that you dont need to do any further tests then you should be able to start soon.  It sounds like you have done most of the tests, but sometimes they like to repeat blood tests or scans to get more recent results.  It just depends on the clinic.  Fingers crossed that it wont be necessary in your case and that you can get started soon.

Love Olwen xxx

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Hi Kelly

^goodluck^ for Monday, hope all goes well for you.

Take care Shaz xxx

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi Kelly,
Just a massive Hug for monday  ^fairydust^
Hope it all goes well. In my experiance they will prob want to repeat bloods, just so that they have a baseline in their system. all units have differing systems. They'll also want another sperm sample for the same reasons, but once thats done you should get things going quite quickly. ^goodluck^

·
Registered
179 Posts
Good luck for Monday Kelly!

Sending you lots of positive thoughts and fairydust! ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Debs x

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
hi my name is fran and my DH is steve we have been trying for 3 years and have been referred to Barts for icsi. It appears steve has a low count with high abnormals. so far all my tests have been ok and they say i am working!!
unsure what happens next am just waiting for an appoinment at barts anyone who can tell me what happens next please do.
fran

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thankyou everyone for the good luck wishes. You are all an inspiration and are amazing people. I will keep you updated with my treatment. Thankyou all again so much for your support. Love Kelly x ^Cuddle^

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.