Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home for all the mummys & friends ;D

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
LAST TWO POSTS FROM OLD THREAD ............

Flo's Post

huge huge to Ben and Millie. Amanda - glad to hear Millie is a wee bit better today. Jayne - I hope you DID have a good night, both of you! It sounds as though you need a bit of TLC yourself with the way you feel, on top of your worries about Ben reacting to his jabs plus the excema. ((((((((((((big cyber hug)))))))))))))

..........and poor Sue too - I hope the appointment tomorrow helps sort your back out. Lifting Iestyn can't be helping!

Jac - I wonder if your 'colleague' is envious that you are moving on and that things are going so well in your life at the moment? If so she is a sad old witch - just you console yourself with the thought that she is obviously jealous.

I am sorry that so many of us are feeling low at the moment. Let's hope it passes soon. Big hugs to everyone

As for us, I have now been signed off by my physiotherapist, Ben has an appointment tomorrow with the paediatric physio, also hopefully to be signed off, then his immunisations on Friday! Busy week.

On a more cheerful note I have commissioned a painting for Ben which is to be a gift to him from his Great Grandmother. It is by a local artist, who's illustrations of nursery rhymes are just gorgeous. In the past I have bought her paintings as gifts for my Goddaughter and various children's friends, always wishing that I had an excuse to buy one for myself.

Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I do!

I couldn't decide which nursery rhymes I liked best so she is painting a big picture made up of several panels so that she can incorporate several rhymes. My Gran had given Ben money when he was born but she was delighted when I told her what I am going to use the money for. It means that Ben will have something special to remember his Great Gran in years to come (she is nearly 92!)

My next task is to get on the phone and do something about a Christening before Ben is too heavy for our Minister to lift!

Look after youselves,

Flo and Ben(asleep

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jayne's Post

Sorry girls, can't quite manage a really cheerful post today either, so I think I'm better off not typing too much and keeping

I have read all your posts though and to all of you feeling down at the moment. I'm sorry I'm not replying individually, I really want to, but just can't go for it right now Thanks for your replies of support to my woes too - much appreciated I have taken on board suggestions and advice.

Had a fairly good night with Ben. He slept 12 hours anyway, and has been sleeping most of the day, just waking for feeds. He's not very happy whilst awake though and HATED having his cream put on this morning and screamed the place down. The hydrocortisone cream you get on prescription seems to be emolient based and is really hard and time consuming to apply. His skin is settling a bit today though. Feel so sad for him that this may go on long term, and even if it doesn't, just the fact he may have it for a few years is bad enough. He's covered, head to toe

As for me, well, I'm a bit flat really right now. Have an appointment with the doctor on 8 march to review my asthma medication, but think it'll be more a discussion on homrones, almost constant AF and possibly a little bit of PND going on. Neither myself nor anyone else knows what mood I'll be in from one hour to the next. Yesterday and today have been pretty too. It's not great

Jayne x

Just found that PND questionnaire that we get at 6 weeks online, and did it. At 6 weeks I scored 5. Today at 14 weeks postnatal I scored 15. Not too bad I suppose

Okay, promise not to do anymore downer posts and not post again until I've cheered my sorry up!!

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Jayne,

Sorry you are feeling down. ^Cuddle^

I hope that Ben's excema clears sooner rather than later. Kirstie also has excema. It has mainly been on the joints around the elbows, wrists and on her legs. However, it is much better now. We found that bathing really exacerbated the problem and we reduced baths to 2-3 times a week max with emolients and HC cream when necessary - it really helped and we haven't had to use the HC cream for quite a while now. It is worrying though when you family history of allergies and asthma. But it doesn't mean that they will necessarily have these things too.

I hope you soon feel happier. The way your Afs have been, it's not surprising you are feeling drained and hormonal on top of everything else. But if you do continue feeling low don't put off seeking advice or help from your doc (i know I wish I had asked for help sooner rather than letting it drag on). ;)

Flo,

The picture sounds lovely! You'll have to post a picture of it in the gallery when it is finished.

Amanda, Hope Millie is feeling much better now. Horrible jabs - well I know they are for the best but it is rotten to see them poorly. We have the MMR coming up in the relatively near future - after all that is in the news I am dreading having to take Kirstie for that one :-\.

Jac, Hope work isn't too horrid. I can't recall how much longer it is til the new job starts but hope for your sake that it is really soon ^Cuddle^

Hope everyone else is well.

I am having a better day today - I am hoping that it is the Prozac beginning to kick in and that I will soon be feeling back in control and happy. Oh and I have to share the fact that Kirstie walked to me earlier today - WOW! it was only about six or seven steps but it was fantastic. My little baby is becoming a toddler!! ;D ;D

Catch up with you all again soon

Allie

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Hi

JUst a quickie to say hello, had the busiest day!

Jac - yes Amy is still being swaddled and it's still working! Thanx for that, I always know here to go when I need help x x

Amanda - hope Millie is improving. Amy ahs been out of sorts since her jabs, but nothing like poor Millie, sending her hugs and big ones for Mummy x x

Sue - loved the pics

Allie - congartulations to little one taking her ist steps, you must be soo proud.

Janye - sorry your not feeling yourself x x

Flo - the picture sounds lovely, what a lovely thing to have.

All is okay here, absolutley worn out the moment, in a good way though. so going to bed
LOve sarah x x

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Awww Jayne Big ((((Hugs)))) coming your way. Sorry to see you're feeling so down. I hope Ben's Ecsthma settles down very soon - don't think too far ahead, take each day as it comes and deal with that, dealing with 'what if's' doesn't do any of us any good.

Allie - glad you're feeling better, sounds like the Prozac may be kicking in.

Sarah - glad Amy is still liking being swaddled.

Flo - love the sound of the piccie, I'm quite envious.

Amanda - glad to see the lovely Millie is on the mend! Little minx worrying her mummy!

As for me, my back isn't so bad to day, so hopefully is on the mend, but will still see what the Chiropractor says on Friday.

Iestyn was a little darling last night, he went to bed at just gone 7pm. I was going to wake him before I went to bed for a feed, but Dion told me to leave him as he was away with the fairies. He didn't wake up until 4.30am, when he then took 5oz of milk and went straight back down (still with his two nappies on! ^chuckle^) and didn't wake until 7.50am!

Hmmm, could it be wishful thinking for the same to happen tonight?

I am supposed to be on the PC at the moment, typing a letter to the head partner of our local Health Centre, to try and convince them that they should allow us to start up an under one's group. Apparently there used to be one, so we want to try and get it started back up.

So best get on with it!

Take care all,

Love,

Sue xxxxxx

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
jac glad to see your feeling better than the the other day,
ill have to look at ebay as well as i just cant stop buying things for jack ;D

allie the prozac seems to be helping now with you...glade to hear your little princess in walking what a lovely sight to see.

hope all the other girls are ok to.

right im off to get washed and dressed as the weather is so bright but cold .think a walk is in order today.
have you lot got the snow? we havent :'(

jack send hes love to all hes buddies
xx

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi everyone

Sorry I havn't posted for a while - I am mobile now and have joined groups and can now visit various friends and family who are at home during the day.

Jasmine has had an unsettled week - nothing really bad just grumpy - she has her first jabs next week so I expect she will be then same after them too.

DH had a bit of a go at me last night says I spoil her during the day. I do have a routine for her but he comes home just in time for her grumpy time of day (evening) and she has not wanted to sleep this week so we havn't been eating until about 9.00. Last night I burst into tears and I was told to think myself lucky that I had her and to think of all the friends I have (FF and at home) who are still trying and would love to be in my position. DH just doesn't understand that just because we waited so long it doesn't mean I am going to be extatic (think I spelt that wrong) all the time. I love my little girl to bits and wouldn't be without her but I still get down from time to time - I think mainly due to tiredness.

I am debating whether to get him to read this thread tonight so he can see how other people get down sometimes too!

I hope all the babies are doing well and I will try to post more in the coming weeks.

Lynn

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Lynn,

Big ^Cuddle^ for you.

I defy any new mum, no matter how long she has been trying for a baby not too have some low or teary moments. Whilst having a baby is more rewarding than I ever imagined, it is also soooooo tiring. I would never have believed that newborns would be such hard work or that I could have survived on so little sleep. And while we know ourselves to be the lucky ones and will thank our lucky stars that we have our babies, we are only human and get just as tired, hormonal, stressed etc. as any other mum.

Good luck with Jasmine's jabs next week. Hope she isn't too groggy after them.

Love Allie

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hiya,

Just had to read back to try and catch up with everyone. Sorry if I've missed anyone out though.

Lynn - one thing one of the midwives said when we were in hospital was that you can't 'spoil' a baby until they hit around 5 months - I like that theory.

I do think we all have our moments when the enormity of it all hits us. My tears came at 4 weeks after lots of night feeds and sore boobs. Like these past couple of days too - I'm not having AF but getting pms like greasy hair and feeling weepy.

Hope you're feeling better soon anyway Lynn ^Cuddle^

Allie - ^Cuddle^ for you too. What a fantastic sight it must have been to see your little love toddling.

Jayne - ^Cuddle^ for you too. And you post as many downer posts as you need to hun - that's one of the reasons we're hear. The good and the bad times. :-*

Sue - ^Cuddle^ for you too - hope your treatments work for your back. What is the pain - is it a muscle strain or something else?

Jac - you are truely obsessed. Keep away from Ebay!! The meal sounds yummy - we had to make do with takeaway pizza tonight. Now Jays dad is in respite, we have to visit him every night once Jay comes home from work and we don't always feel like cooking when we get back.

Bacca - we have had snow today and it's stuck too. Sil took Jessica out for a stroll today and got caught up in it and then got a flat tyre on the pram - joy ::). Thankfully, she got into the nearest shop and booked a taxi - don't want my little treacle catching cold.

Sarah - hope you got a good nights sleep ^sleepy^

Amanda - Hope Millie is feeling back to her usual self. I found the piccie and showed it Jay who wants to get Jessica a Bumbo chair now.

Flo - the painting sounds wonderful. We have £85 from gifts Jessica was given when she was born but haven't made our minds up what to get yet - it may be a Magic Custard hand and foot casting. Just don't know.

Well, I can't remember when I last came on - did I tell you that Jessica has been discharged by the hospital so hopefully, no more seizures and she wont have to go back.

She weighed 13lb 7.5oz this week at clinic which is still on the 75th centile. We chatted about weaning her and the HV siad to wait until she hits 16 weeks (which will be Monday) and then we'll discuss it again next week. She is still pretty much sleeping through (11pm - 7ish) but is definately more hungry during the day. Both boobs are a bit sore at the moment.

She's also got to the stage where she cries if I leave the room and is doing the 'strangers' thing too. I can usually get her smiling for them quite quickly though with a bit of mumsy reassurance.

Well, best fly - she's crying (sorry make that bawling)because she wants her splish splash time. Had her in the bath with us last night which was really funny.

Peaceful night ^sleepy^ to everyone - things always seems better in the morning, or so my nana used to tell me.

Love Angexxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Hi!!

Wow, loads to catch up on!!!!

Jayne - So sorry you are feeling rotten at the moment my love, of course you can write 'downer' posts, that's what we are all here for!! Sending you huge hugs and hope you are feeling a bit brighter soon xxxxxxxx

Lynn - Big hugs to you too - you are so normal in how you are feeling xxxxxxxxxxx

Ange - Nice to hear from you. I know what you mean about the 'wanting Mummy' thing - Katelyn has just started doing that this week, she watches everywhere I go!!

Jac - hope you are feeling a bit better today? We've been watching Back to Reality - great isn't it?!

Amanda - I hope Millie is ok now, bless her little heart, you have been through a horrible couple of days haven't you?!

Hope all the other mum's and babies are doing ok?! :)

What a busy day we've had!

I took Katelyn swimming for the first time today, well if you can call it swimming?! We went for a little swish around, lasted about 10 mins before she was shivering and her lips turned blue. It was at our local swimming pool which isn't one of the best, I'm going to take her a little further-afield next time to a nicer warm pool!!

We then went to check out a brand new Nursery that's opened locally, it was soooooo lovely!! I walked into the baby room and had a tear in my eye - it's everything you imagine your dream nursery to be, and more!! The whole place is so beautiful, it holds up to 75 children!! The garden is .75 of an acre - wonderful in the summer!!!! I've put Katelyn's name on the waiting list, not sure when and where I'm going back to work, but at least her name is down for the future.

They had a BUMBO chair there too - we just had to try it out!!! Looks like I'll be looking on Ebay later!!!!!

We then had 'Lily-rose' and her mum round for coffee and a chat. We met in hospital when having the babies, we were next to each other and the girls were born on the same day! We also had the same midwife, and also both gave birth on the stool!!!!!!!!! So, lots in common! ;)

I've just posted a pic of 'the girls' in the gallery, there is 4lb weight difference, Lily-rose is just so dainty compared to my bruiser of a girl - bless!!!!!!!!

I'm really excited about next Wednesay, I'm meeting up with Sarah and Amy!! We thought it would be nice to meet before we go to Stratford - how exciting!!!!!!!

Well, best go and check out BUMBO seats on Ebay!!! ;D

Have a good night!

Love Jules xxxx

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Evening everyone

Ange - glad to hear you and Jessica are both okay - can't quite belive she's at the weaning stage!

Jac - you cook some fantastic sounding dinners. Next time I visit my parents I am inviting myself over!!!

Amanda - how is Millie? hope she is better

Sue - glad your back felt better today. Goodluck with starting a group. Our health centre have just started ours and I love it. We're all meeting at a nearby pub on Monday as well as our weekly afternoon at the clinic, I look forward to them every week.

Lynn - these men! Jamie once said to me that I let her sleep too much and I should keep awake during the day - very difficult as you'll agree! Most babies I am sure have a grumpy time of the day - Amy has hers at Daddy's home time but it's not my fault and neither is it yours, and like Ange said I'm sure that you can't spoil a baby.

Well Amy went down again at 8pm so like Jac I am going to be swaddling her until the day she leaves home!! Going to visit my Nan tommorrow and quite looking forward to it, she can be quite interfering and my Aunty (who'll also be there) is even worse! But I just find her so funny! Has anyone found that their inlaws are not at really interested? Jamie's family are a bit split to say the least but his step Mum (who brought him up) pays no interest whatsoever and his real Mum kind of does but only at her house - she won't come and visit us at all. So now Amy goes to bed and has her routine she doesn't see her because I won't take Amy over late evening, but she won't come to us!! (am I being unreasonable?) When I suggest going over in the afternoon she can't because she sees her daughters. Yet I am being made out to be the bad one! His sisters haven't even seen her for about 6 weeks - they live 20mins away and don't work every day. I have taken her over there but never seem to get a visit back? So now I can't be bothered to do all the running if I get none back? We've never even had a phone call to ask how she is or how she's doing! My parents live 300 miles and have seen her more times than his family. At the end of the day they are going to miss out on being Aunties and their children cousins to her, it's a good job she has plenty of Aunties here - and special ones at that.

Oh that was only suppose to be and I have rambled - never mind got it off my chest!

Have good nights evryone
Love sarah x x x

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Was posting at same as Jules! looking forward to meeting up on Wednesday ready for our weekend at Stratford!!

Love sarah x x

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
One more thing!!!! ;D
I would like to put Amy's piccie on when I post but I don't know how to do it - don't understand the instructions in the profile section ??? can anyone help?

Thanx x

·
Registered
458 Posts
Deborah - I did get the weaning info - big thanx for that mi dear :-*

Jules - check out the http://www.lullabys.co.uk before you buy a chair from Ebay. The Bumbo's are £24 on there but I'm not sure what the p&p is. Might save you a couple of pounds. I got my glider chair off them and was completely happy with the service. The Bumbo's are under the high/low chair section. They've got lots of other goodies too.

Well, Jessica had her bath and has nodded off on Jay's chest so I am having a little glass of wine (and then a pint of water). She's not due a feed until about 11.30 so hopefully, it won't affect her milk too much.

I'll try and get on a bit more often as there is always so much to catch up on. I can't believe how quickly we got to the 10th page on thread 10.

I'm off to buns now to check up on any new arrivals and then I'll try and get to the gallery.

Love Angexxxxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dear Jac

By the way, i ordered some t-shirts for Millie from Nappyhead.com. Two footie one's, ordered them tuesday and they turned up today, fantastic quality, I was really pleased with them. Thanks for the recomendation ;D

Ian was really pleased, it has Alan Shearer's number 9 on it and Ian's surname on the back too...should have seen his chuffed face !

Love Amanda xxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ahhh poor Jaqson , what a day he's had. Hope is alright, sure he is, bet he is well away in the land of nod right now eh !. Have a good nights kip Jac !

Love Amanda xxx

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Hello mummies

Can I join you? Never thought I'd be posting on this thread!!

Sophie
xx

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Hiya Sophie

Welcome to babydust. I have already added yours and Christophers name to the mums and bubs list. You will find you get loads of tips here and everyone is very friendly. But you already know that :)

Love Kimx x x

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeaaaa Sophie ;D

You are welcome as is anyone, hope your alright, how is bubs ??

Love Amanda xxx

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
A huge WELCOME Sophie and Christopher!!!!!

It still feels like a dream doesn't it???!!! ;)

Chat to you soon.

Love Jules xxxxxxxx

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.