Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Girls

Thought Id have a bit fun here but also need some help and tips ...

Like everyone I find time is of the essence for myself , for time with Holly and to try and get my household chores done!

So.....Im hoping you can all share your tips with me for anything and everything on being a mum to make life easier  ...

Love Ju x x

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I will start off with some of my own things which have made life easier ...

Colic ...my parents have recommended an old remedy ..Nurse Harveys Gripe Water ....Im giving it a go

Nappy Bin and Top n Tail Bowl ...Bought a white plastic one from Ikea it hangs on the side of my changing table /chest of drawers ...a godsend and at height level ....great buy !!

Change of clothes ...goes without saying always carry a spare change of clothes for poo explosions

Plug in energy saving night light from Mothercare ....low lighting for through the night and getting up

Maxi Cosi Car seat isofix base ....easy for getting car seat in and out of the car !

Pharmacies/ Boots  hold a list of medications including infacol they can give you free of charge whithout the need to see a doctor dont know whats on the list but worth asking .......

Changing Bag...always restock it every day and keep it downstairs in case of emergencies ...

Im sure theres more ...

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
Ju ~ house work? whats that?  ^roflmao^

Same here i sterilse all bottles on an evening ready for following day.

Im always out and about so on a nioght load up the washing machine, then hang up to dry in a morning/put in dryer (i always find i have more time in an evening can u tell?  ;D )

Cant think of much else at he mo, mostof the time i just wing it  ;D

·
Registered
841 Posts
Definitely a car seat base for whatever model you've chosen, especially in the wet and rain.  I was still using mine when they were 12+ months old.

Spare top for Mummy (especially if you have a sicky baby) in the changing bag.

Chair in the nursery (preferably uncomfortable!) - when you are doing night feeds, you don't want to get yourself or baby too comfy but you do want a chair in the room otherwise the temptation to take them back to bed with you ,if you need to spend some time soothing them for whatever reason, is huge.  I've got a fold up plastic one from IKEA which folds away and slides between the wardrobe and chest of drawers - probably my best buy.

Individually wrapped cheeses - I swear I don't know one child that doesn't like cheese and these have saved my life a number of times when I have been out with the girls.

Individual sachets of paracetamol or ibuprofen (and I recommend the supermarket own brands - much cheaper!) - if you have a baby that isn't keen on medicine, it's much easier to get the sachet between their lips than a spoon and easier when you are out and about than a syringe.

HJG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts