Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home for what has to be one of my favourite threads on here ...

Can't wait for the dream to come true and join you all!

Loads of Love
Dee
xxx
;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hiya,
Having just spent ages reading half a dozen pages of posts, Ben is stirring so this is just a quickie to say hi.

We are all well but finding it diffficult to find time to get online...........

Ange, I gradually took Ben off Infacol from about 8 weeks and he hasn't looked back 8)

Deb - will phone to catch up on Max's progress through the veg plot. Hope Nick will be planting all his own this year ;D

Sue and Amanda - we are doing the throwing up after every meal too so I am relieved to hear that it seems to be common at this stage

Barbara, sorry to hear you are feeling down ^Cuddle^
One for Josh too ^Cuddle^

....................sorry can't hang about any longer.
Big hello to everybody else.........

Flo and Ben
x

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hiya mums,

Boo - I have mastits now. That bl***y right side! It gives me nothing but hassell. I'm still feeding her breast milk from the left and expressed milk from the right but am having to use a bit of formula here and there. I was sick as a dog last night. My temp was 38.9 and that was with paracetamol. I think the pain was worse than child birth :eek:. It's still killing me. I woke up at about 3am and asked Jay to get me a drink of water as I was burning up and had no energy but the minute I had drank it, I had to make my way, in a very controlled fashion so as not to wake Jessica, to the bathroom ^puke^ ^puke^ ^puke^(not used that smiley for a while ;D Takes me right back to the first tri!!) I'm taking erythromycin but am trying to take it after I've fed and expressed so hopefully there won't be too much of it floating around in the breast milk.

Poor mites just had her second lot of jabs today so I'm going to be watching her temp like a hawk - don't want any more seizures. Have the Calpol on stand by but I might give her dose real soon.

Deborah - All babies have chubby knees - are you sure your health visitor isn't working with dolls? And yes, the fits of clothes are rubbish. Jessica is 13 weeks on Monday and is still too small for all her 0-3 month stuff. I didn't get her weighed on Wednesday but am guessing she's easily tipping the scales at 13lb. She's just above the 75th centile .

I hate this situation. I don't feel like eating as I feel so sick but I have to to keep the quality of my breast milk up and I'm having to drink more than I normally would due to the temp. Doc said as soon as the tenderness goes down, start feeding her off that side again. I'm worried it will be like the first few days all over again with sore nipples.

Best go anyway. I need to get some expressing done while Jessica is still asleep. If she wakes, I know she's going to get her own back on me for her jabs.

Love Angexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Oh Ange - you sound like you are really going through it!

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Love Jules xx :-*

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Forgot to say!

Katelyn was booked in for her 1st set of jabs today - sooooooooooooooo behind !! She's nearly 4 months!!

Her first appointment got cancelled 2 weeks ago because the HV that does them was sick. So, I took her today and because she has yet another cold (poor little thing) they wouldn't do it! We are booked in for next week now - 3rd time lucky!

Jules xx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Blimey Jules,
She will be at school before she gets them ! Hope your ok, have you decided on one or two nights at Stratford?

Ange,, sorry to see that your not well with the old boobies again, you really seem to suffer with them, hope they right themselves very very soon, get well hun x x x

Amanda xxx

·
Registered
458 Posts
Jac

Can't believe your little puddin' is bunged up after the mail about him being sat in his chair with it seeping all over :p. Jessica did one of those tonight. Jay passed her to me and said she had pooed big time (kind of him) and when I lay her on the changing mat and put a hand under her back....well, I'm sure you can guess what was there. Out came the bath. Hope Jaqson behaves for you again tonight. I noticed that with Jessica, she tends to have awake time after lights out at about 2am and about 5am but just wriggles around alot and then settles. I only get her up if I think she's getting too warm with wriggling about.

So far we haven't had the 'strangers' thing going on but she does cry if I leave the room (sometimes even if she's with Jay). On the subject of Pizza Hut and meeting up, Tuesday is my best day - no clinics/massage groups/swimming etc. I'll check with Fiona and maybe any of the other girls from Cheshire/Manchester that may want to come.

Jules - Hope Katelyn is okay after her jabs next week. Jessica screamed so much she turned purple at one point today but apart from being tender now, she seems okay. Hope it doesn't make you cry (if they ever get around to giving them to her).

I feel like a cow at the moment with all the expressing I'm doing. If I've not got Jessica hanging on to them, I've got a breast pump :p. I do feel heaps better though. Jay and Jessica have gone to bed and as I managed to go back to sleep with Jessica this am after her 6.30 feed, we slept in until 10.30am, I feel like I fancy a late night. Might check out what's on tv after I've been to the gallery.

Have a great weekend.

Love Angexxxxx

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
Ange

Just popped in to say, sorry you are feeling poorly but................ erythromycin is renowned for making people throw up so maybe worth phoning your gp to see what he thinks.

We stopped prescribing it at work as 9 out of 10 dogs are unable to take it coz of the side effect. I had it last June after a cat bite and I had to stop after 48 hours and have something different.

Hope you feel better soon

Love Lou xxxx

·
Registered
458 Posts
Just shown Jessica off to her auntie in oz (my sis). Still experimenting though. Will be better on my M & D's computer as it's faster - cool what you can do nowadays ;D

Off to Argos in a bit to buy a set of bathroom scales - proberbly not a good idea but - hey ho.

Have a great weekend.

Love Angexxxxxx

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hi hope you're all having a good weekend. We're busy decorating Hannah's bedroom (we've moved house since she was born!). So it's got a Winnie the Pooh theme which will hopefully last her well into toddlerhood until she gets into everything pink and Barbie!!

Ange - you poor thing with mastitis now. Glad to hear you're on the mend a bit now. Shame I've moved as we were just outside Warrington until 3 months ago and could have joined you at the Trafford Centre. Bit far now though!!

I agree with you about sizes of baby clothes. At 11 months Hannah is just into 6-9 month clothes (she is quite small). The ones that are the worst are the ones that are 6-12 months (in particular M&S). I bought some 6-12 month outfits last year for Hannah with tokens she'd been given when she was born and they're STILL too big!

Yesterday she sort of walked 2 steps between us!! It was still more of a stumble than a walk but it won't be long now. She's much better at standing now and earlier this afternoon she was standing up in the middle of her playpen clapping!!

Anyway must go - was just supposed to be logging on to the computer to check my e-mail!!

Celia & Hannah

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Angie

The cabbage leaf in your bra is good for mastitis but it has to be savoy cabbage. Hope it goes soon.

I agree about the clothes sizes. Joe is tall but slim so i have to get him bigger clothes to get the length but then the trousers keep falling down and he wont wear braces.

Jac My sisters boy used to have trouble doing a poo when he was small. He used to cry and scream and go stiff. When he eventually went they were huge like an adults. The docs gave him some medicine to help loosen the poo. He is a big strapping lad now but used to have terrible trouble going. Sorry cant remember the name of the medicine it was too long ago.

Well we have moved furniture round in our room and sorted stuff out in Joe's room so i can decorate in there.
Better go and tidy downstairs now as Joe is asleep.

Love Kim x x x

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Hiya Girls

Kim....happy decorating ! Rather you then me xx

Jac....let us know how Chase gets on this afternoon, bet he has a great time ! xx

Ange...Ohh scales ! yuck ! Hope your enjoying beaming Jessica across the world ! Love your wedding photo by the way xx

Celia...good to hear from you....lovely story about Hannah trying to walk...sound like she is well on her way, brilliant ! x x

Well.....we are up to this weekend.....a long family walk this morning which eventually ended up in the high street bakers for some yummy crusty bread for lunch, Ian fell asleep with Millie on his chest while I did housework! We are staying in tonight....yummy food and drinks...then*&^%*!! hopefully...if I dont fall asleep....lol

Off out to lunch tomorrow with brother and family, then back to iron shirts for Ian (yuck) and that will be about it!

Busy next week, dentist, hair appointment, get car cleaned, baby massage thursday, baby club on monday, rhyme time friday at the library and redundancy meeting with the union, and trying to fit in cleaning the house and getting some chit chat time in with friends, oh and coming on here !

Hope everyone else has a great weekend

Love Amanda xxx

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Amanda,

Loads of luck for the redundancy meeting! ;)

Love
Dee
xxx
;D ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Thanks Dee :)

Think I will need it.....they are going to come up with some way of making me stay etc ...... I shouldn't have been such a good worker before I left eh !!

Amanda xxx

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Woppa

Yes that could well be it.

Love Kim x xxx

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Hi everyone!

Clothes sizes are wierd!! Kirstie is 10 months old and the 9-12 tops seem to fit, the M&S 6-12 fit but trousers are a bit difficult - 6/9 are getting too short but 9-12 are a bit too long.

Jac/Kim/Woppa - Lactulose!! Errrrrhyuk - I had to take that for six weeks after having Kirstie because of my third degree tear :eek: . However, it might be easy to get a baby to take it as it is really, really sweet.

Celia - Kirstie has also taken her first couple of steps. I can't say that she's walking as that would be going a bit far but she does take one or two steps before ending up on her knees or bum!! ;D ;D We wont be able to keep up with them soon, keeping up with a crawling baby is difficult enough! Kirstie now stands and puts one arm above her head and then the other and waits for mummy to cheer!! Our girls will soon be toddlers and not babies any more - mixed emotions it's lovely to watch them growing up but it is all going so fast!

Kirstie has had one cold on top of another since early December. The Dr. says she's fine apart from slightly inflamed ears and throat and the usual coughs and sneezes. We took her to be weighed yesterday and she has lost weight and gone from just above the 75th centile to the 25th and yet she is still really long (75th centile). She's not been eating well while ill but having said that she ate a lot better yesterday and I just hope we can get some illness free time so that she can get a nice healthy appetite back. Don keeps telling me not to worry about the weight loss but the thing is it isn't just when she is ill that she doesn't eat - she also wont eat at the nursery (and she is there 3 days a week) - sometimes she refuses almost all that the nusery staff offer her (except of course the pot of fromage frais that I send in with her - she loves them ::)) I don't know, the HV said not to worry about it too much and said just to get her weight checked again next month so hopefully she wont have lost any more weight by them. Sorry to go on but it is the first time that Kirstie has lost any weight (she didn't even drop any after she was born) and I think it has worried me a bit more than I realised - also a bit of guilt about going to work maybe ???

Amanda, Good luck with the meeting. You've got a lot on. I am going to try and start going to the local parent/toddler group again and also want to see if the local library does anything. Kirstie loves her books!

Hope everyone else is well.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Yiiippppeeee - back to feeding off both boobies today. Oooorrggg -Jessica has just dribbled down my neck - lots of bubble blowing going on.

Now, you all know I'm thick anyway so to keep up with the trait - when you go on about 'baby rice', I assume you are talking about brand baby rice pud?

Oahw, gotta go - Jessica is kicking off

Love Ange and little miss ^mercy^xxxxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Dear Ange

Baby rice comes in a packet in dry form and you can add either breast/formula milk, water or sometimes juice to it. I think its used in the first part of weaning, you start of making it quite runny and then gradually thicken it up as your baby makes progress ?? I think....anyone else know ?

Love Amanda xxx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Oh, I can't wait to start weaning Ben. It was great fun with Jack, and I'm getting all excited thinking about starting again with Ben. It does make you feel they're growing up though when they're no longer just on milk :'(

Ange - Yep, Amanda's right about the baby rice. It's puke though! Jack hated it plain, and I could see why when I tasted it! So I added some pureed pear to it and he loved it. It's a dry first weaning food suitable from 4 months. Most babies are started on it as it's very bland and suitable for young digestive systems. It can be mixed to an appropriate consistency for your baby according to age, and you can add sweet or savoury flavours to it. Carrot is a popular addition. Baby only has about a teaspoonful to start with, so just buy a teeny packet to see how she gets on with it (when the time comes that is).

Jules - Hope all goes well with Katelyn's jabs, and that she actually gets them :p

Jac - I had to have Lactulose after having Ben due to the 2nd degree tear I got. I remember seeing on the back then that it was suitable for babies. It's a very natural sugar based solution, and you can get it over the counter in any pharmacy. It takes a few days to work, but is very effective at making things softer so to speak! Can't see why Jaqson can't have prune juice though. Hope it worked and he's had an easier day today.

Hope the sleeping is going well again ;D

Amanda - Wow! Busy, busy bee you are ;D Have a fun week and hope all goes well with the redundancy meeting. When is it?

Allie - Jack's the same - one cold on top of another, and I seem to be getting them all too! I think we've both been ill constantly since he started nursery a year ago. It's a nuisance, but good for their immune systems ;) I know it's worrying when they lose a bit of weight, but at least you know why, and I'm sure she'll start gaining again once she's cold free. We all go off our food a bit when ill, and Jack can go 4 or 5 days sometimes when he has a cold with barely anything to eat. Worries me sick, but I've sort of gotten used to it now. I'm sure Kirstie will be fine, and remain a very healthy little girl.

Sounds like Kirstie will be up and running soon. Brilliant fun ;D

Celia - Sounds like Hannah's nearly on the move too. Excellent ;D

I Just bought more stuff off Ebay. Totally addicted I am. Have so far got a fab digital camera (will get around to taking and posting some pics soon - only problem is that now I can see the pics first on the LCD screen I'm getting really, REALLY fussy and keep deleting them for the slightest imperfection ::) so it could be Christmas before I get one I like ;D ), and some great desinger bits from Okaidi, Coco, Christian Dior, Osh Kosh, Obaibi, etc. Nearly all of them are brand new with tags too, and I've managed to get them for less than £10 each!

I've also developed a great nack for putting in a high bid in the last minute of an auction for something I really want, and then winning it at a much lower price in the final seconds. Cheeky!! I got something this afternoon with a first bid in the last 30 seconds. 10 people had been bidding beforehand up to this point, and I snuck in and pinched it at the final moment - ha ha! Hope it doesn't backfire one day though, and I end up paying an extortionate price for something :p At this rate I'll have Ben kitted out in designer gear for high street prices ;D

Love to all.

Jayne xxx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Jac - We must've been posting at the same time. Glad to hear Jaqson's settling in both the toilet and sleeping areas ;D

Okay, just been asked in a rather sarcastic tone :p whether I'm going to get off the computer now and go and have the bath I said I'd have over half an hour ago, or is Jack going to end up having his at midnight ;D Best go for a bath then eh ::) ;D

Later!

Jayne xxx

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.