Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new home for everyone else's inspiration!
Loads of Love
Dee
xxx

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Thanks Dee!

Jac, sorry to hear of the loss of Jacqson's great grandmother, so near yet so far, when meeting her greatgrandson. I'm sure she has already seen him and is constantly looking down. Around the sadness of the funeral, I hope you manage to rescue some good times in NY with showing off your new addition to your family!

Sounds like everyone had a fab xmas all round - Amanda, don't forget, I was lucky to eat my xmas dinner in peace, but only coz I was a BAD mother and got my son DRUNK!!!! (He He!).

As for the swinging chair that Millie got, I wish I'd asked someone to get that for Iestyn - it's great! Instead, I will be getting my friends full size GRACO swing today!!!!!!!

Kathryn - how lovely for Isabelle to eat her xmas dinner in her high chair for the first time! I can feel a debate on High chairs coming on - in time for my research on which one to buy - You all know me, can't just go out and buy any one, got to do my research first and get the best deal!

And guess what everyone - not sure I should type this for fear of tempting fate for it not to happen again!

I fed Iestyn by 10pm last night and got him settled, though he woke around 11ish again, but more for wind I think than hunger - So Dion winded him and put him back down!

The next thing I know is that I'm waking just gone 2am, with Dion just lifting Iestyn out of his Moses basket ready to give him his night time bottle, of which he will only usually take 2oz at the most. Well fair play to Dion, he persevered, fed him, winded him regularly and when he fell asleep, Dion changed his nappy and woke him up again and managed to get the full 4oz down him. I think he finally put him back down at just before 3am and the next thing I know is Iestyn woke me at about 7.15am!!! Wow - thats the best nights sleep I've had in 6 weeks!!!!

The only thing was, that as Iestyn usually only ever sleeps for 1.5 to 2 hours at a time at night and wants feeding, by boobs this morning would have given Dolly Parton a run for her money! I had to put Iestyn on one boob for literally about a minute - to deflate it slightly and then onto the other for the same to deflate that one a bit too, before I could let him continue with a full feed!

Lets hope this wasn't just a one off and that it's the start of a new pattern!

We went out yesterday and bought our Xmas pressie to each other! A new TV, Video and DVD player (we didn't need the Video and DVD player, but it was only another £50 if bought as a package - so in for a penny in for a pound) - We did the playing Comet and Currys off against each other and got them to throw in free delivery in the end too!

Today we are off to Dion's dads! Yuck! The first time in over 3 years. I really don't like his dad, haven't got any time for him - He's been a right B*****d to Dion over the years - but I think Dion is far more forgiving than I am. His Dad has managed to put a guilt trip on him by sending Iestyn a cheque for £40 for xmas - so Dion feels obliged that we must visit! (I'm far harder - I'll accept the money, but wont be bought!).

Anyway, I'll see if I can update some more piccies, as requested by Lou! Lou - hope you had a good xmas and I really truely hope 2004 is your magical year!

Lots of love to you all,

Sue xxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Ohhh Sue

I am so pleased for you that you managed to get a great nights sleep in, I bet it makes all the difference, well done.

Had to laugh about your Dolly Parton boobs... he he, sorry.

Millie has the Grac swinging chair, she seems to love movement so rather then us sitting on the sofa with one arm hanging off rocking her in her sofa chair we can now put her into the Graco which she loves, its also higher up for her so she can see more. Had to laugh about this too....do you remember the debate on the 3rd tri about these chairs ?....oh how we change our minds eh !! lol.

Ian is going to get up in the night tonight to see to Millie and sleep in the sofa bed downstair. Millie in her moses so that I can get a full nights sleep all the way thru....hope it works, you know what happens when we plan things with babies, bet I wont sleep at all for some reason.

Got my first af boxing day, no pain just full on bleeding so I hope its af ? I am sure it is. Its been 5 and half weeks since I had Millie so what do you think ? Back to those bloody huge towells again...yuck.

Hope everything went ok at Dions dad's, I agree with you, obviously women are much tougher, lol. Must be difficult for Dion though, especially being his dad.

Anyway, long may your good sleeps continue Sue !

Amanda x xx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Jac - So sorry to hear about Chase's gran. So sad :( especially at this time of the year, and just when she was to meet her great grandson. Hugs to you all xxx

The pics of Jaqson in the gallery are lovely.

Sue - Fantastic news that you had such a good night with Iestyn. I hope this is the begining of the sleeping through for you. Is Iestyn in his nursery now? I'm convinced it helped my 2 sleep longer as babies can so easily be disturbed after a couple of hours in a quiet room. Jack went into his room at 6 weeks and did 7 hours and Ben went in about 2 weeks ago and has dne 7 plus ever night since, apart from Xmas Eve when he was on his growth spurt. I'm sure if he was still in with us dh's snoring would be disturbing him after a few hours.

Sounds like you had a fantastic Christmas, let your hair down and got some lovely pressies ;D I'm hoping Santa's going to buy me a new computer in the January sales ;D Hopefully with a scanner ;D

Good luck with the high chair research. We have a Chicco one that we got for Jack as it can be reclined into 3 different positions, so can be used from the very begining of weaning at 4 months. A lot aren't suitable until 9 months. I'm sure there's loads of different models out now, 3 years on though. Have fun researching ;D

The pics in the gallery of Iestyn's first Christmas are lovely.

Amanda - I hope you're able to get some rest too, and the plan with Ian sleeping downstairs works. Because I expressed the night feed from the day my milk came in, Dh and I did that through the first 3.5 weeks, so we always had a good night's sleep on alternate nghts. It's something we've contined - the taking it in turns to do the night fed since Ben started sleeping longer in his nursery. He now wakes at around 5 am and we still take it in turns to do that feed s Jack has us up at about 6-7 am, so we still benefit from having a longer sleep on alternate nights. We just don't need to do the go downstairs to sleep on a sofa bed bit anymore. Just try and block out all noise when it's not your turn and know Ian will sort Millie just fine. My main problem (especially in the early days with Ben - and with Jack) was that I'd always be listening to make sure baby was okay with dh and consequently missed out on sleep opportunities. It's instinctve to want to keep checking that all is okay, but you have to resist and stay asleep :) Sleep well xxx

I think the bleeding is probably AF. I got mine this week too :(

I borrowed one of those Graco swings from a friend, and haven't used it at all. Ben hates it as he doesn't get rocked or bounced (I did too much of that with Jack, and stuck to my guns about not doing it with Ben. It's paid off for us too), so if I do put him in it he's like 'whoa! what's happening? Don't like this - WARGHHHH!! Maybe he'll enjoy it as a play thing when he's a bit bigger. He's like it when anyone holds him too and they instinctively start swaying and jiggling. If he's asleep, it'll wake him. Thankfully, he's fine in the car and shopping trolley, etc It's just the exaggerated rocking/bouncing he's not used to and hates.

Hope you're enjoying your few days at home with just Millie & Ian after your hectic Christmas.

Have you heard from your friend? Hope all is okay.

Ange - I hope you had a better night last night with Jessica too. How are you?

Jane - Hope Felix is better, and everyone else is well? It's a bit of a sick bay in our house at the moment too what with coughs, colds and high temperatures.

Sarah - Welcome to babydust ;D

Okay, I have post pg brain now, and can't remember anything else from the other thread! Sorry! But I hope everyone else is okay and had a lovely Christmas.

I have my 6 week check on Tues, and can't wait to see what Ben weighs. He was 10lb 2oz 2 weeks ago (9lb 9oz at birth).

J xxx

·
Registered
129 Posts
Evening all

Amanda - hope your night is restful, as J says block your ears off and make the most of it. Sounds as if your bleed is af, as you stopped b/f about 3/4 weeks ago or so. I think I was adviced to wear pads for the first af just to check all is OK.

Sue - ooh I know that feeling of deflating a boob for comfort!!! And sounds as if you can give me and dh a runn for our money, we are always bargain spotting, playing off retailers. Our biggest saving was about £600 for 8 phonecalls buying two sofas.

Jac - sorry Chase's gran didn't get to meet Jacqson. Still she'll be another helper up there to look after your angels that didn't make it.

Ange - hope you are OK.

J - Thanks for checking on us, we're all fine now. Everyone's colds are lingering, although I haven't got it which is amazing as usually I am the worst. Bought Freddy some saline nasal drops today on doc's advice, to help him breathe but his feeding is OK, he is just feeding more often and for shorter periods. He is still sleeping well, a straight four, feed and then three hours sleep (he had been doing five and three hours before his cold arrived) but is hard to settle after his 10/11pm feed. I am fine, calmed down as there are no temperatures around this week (phew). Had a very busy few days so looking forward to next week just us four at home.

Jane

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Oh Dear, was just about to do a post and now my little man has woken up! He's not well today, has a stinking cold and can barely breathe. He's finding it really difficult to feed.

He's supposed to have his 8 week check with his Jabs on Wednesday, so I'll guess I'll have to delay them doing his jabs.

On a good note - he did sleep quite well again last night. He cried in his sleep around 1.30, but then didn't really wake properly for a feed until 3.45am and then again at 6.30ish - so lets hope we're starting to get somewhere.

I will try and catch up with you all later, don't want him to get too worked up down stairs.

Take care all,

Love,

Sue xxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Ahh Sue, I really hope that Iestyn gets well soon, I would be so scared with the breathing problem, hope he is better really really soon.

Yes girls, thanks for replying. I am still using the pads I had left from the birth. I am bleeding a lot for af which is unusal for me, my af bleeds are bery light normally. Anyway I am using the maternity pads I had left over...yuck.

Well I had a brilliant nights sleep last night, woke up showered, washed & dried my hair etc etc. Went down to Ian who was now in the living room with Millie. Asked him how his night went with Millie...fine he said no probs, woke at 2.30 for feed & again at 8am great !. Problem was the cat, everytime Ian got comfy or tried to sleep, Pilchard jumped on him looking for a comfy bed ! So is was not Millie that kept him awake but the bloody cat !

Ian is asleep now, catching up..... Millie is watching me on here and telling me stories, wish I knew what they are thinking.

Hope everyone else is ok. Get well Iestyn !!

Love Amanda x x x

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
One last thing.....

Got the invitation to join the baby massage classes today in the post, they start on the 8th Jan !! brilliant.

Also signed Millie up for the swimming too...but that does not start till early March. Good fun though.

Cant wait.

x x x

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
hello all.

hope you all had a great crimbo ;D

sorry to hear your sad news jac.

amanda are you taking your little un to swimming classes?? if so at what age can they start as jack goes swimming with me but would love to teach him the proper way.

jack to has a stinking cold bless him..........hes been waking up every couple of hrs coughing and sneezing :-[

so is everyone eating loads????? i have shot up to over 11st again :mad: did get down to 10.4st...but all the pies and chocolate tasts sooooooooo nice ;D.

but a good friend of mine lent me her cross tainer..so i have been on that for about 20mins each day.......then i fall off it.

so i hope your all doing well.right im off to go to adams as thay have a 1/2 price sale on.

xxxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Dear Becca,

I spoke to the woman today and she said minimum 12 weeks...after jabs etc. Its great, they teach underwater awareness, underwater swimming and normal swimming, they also do great underwater photos too. It will be a weight of my mind on holidays etc especially if she falls into a pool or something, she will automatically know what to do and swim to the surface. I dont know where you live but the company we are using are called Dolphins in Wimbledon London.

I never learnt to swin properly, I dont like deep water. I dont want Millie to have the same phobia. I only swin the the shallow end !! lol

Hope Jack gets better soon too, there's a lot of colds about this week.

By the way, did all you mums know you can apply for your babies passports on line. You submit all the babies details & yours & dh, submit the application & they then print it off and send it to you for submission back to them with photos etc. You can even take your own babies photos as long as they are the same and on a white background. Just thought that was a good idea....saves queing at the post office. The site is www.passport-application.gov.uk.

Love Amanda x x x

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hi there,

Hope everyone has had a lovely family Christmas - the first of many.
Sorry to hear that so many of the little ones have caught colds though. Hope they clear up soon.

We are just back from a week away at my parents. Had a fantastic time and it was lovely to see Mum and Dad and my own Grandmother fussing over Ben. I am very sorry that Chase's Gran wasn't able to meet her Great Grandson too.
Being there for a whole week made a big difference and has really given everybody a chance to get to know him.
He was spoiled rotten by both our families, friends, friends' parents, my parents' neighbours, their friends and work colleagues................
I had only just finished writing thank you letters for all the gifts he was given at birth but now must sharpen my pencil and start all over again! ;D

The only downside is that having been a dream baby while we were away, he is now very unsettled both in his feeding and sleeping patterns. We are going to have our work cut out for us over the next day or two to get him back into a routine.
I have been reading the Baby Whisperer book which somebody mentioned a while back. Found quite a lot of things to think about so thank you for the recommendation.

I had to laugh about Ian's sleep being disturbed by Pilchard! ^chuckle^ Also about the poor men who had difficult evenings of babysitting in the run up to Christmas. The poor dears! (How on earth do they think we cope while they are at work all day!!!!!)

J - it really sounds as though you have a good routine going with night feeds for Ben. I am starting to think about expressing as my Ben will be 6 weeks on Tuesday. I may take a leaf out of your book and suggest the alternate night thing, if I can persuade Alex!
You know the advice you were giving to Amanda about blocking out the noise when it is your night 'off'; Alex freely admits that he can fall back to sleep immediately, safe in the knowledge that I am dealing with Ben. Time for some changes round about here methinks ^chuckle^

Hope everybody else is well.

Deb - thank you for the gorgeous photos of Max's Christening. It sounds as though you all had a lovely day. You certainly deserved it - you have waited long enough!

Hope all those coughs and snotty noses are on the mend,

Flo and Ben
xxxxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Hey Flo

Good to hear from you, what a wonderfull xmas you had with all your family, sounds great !

I know what you mean about mean sleeping soundly in the knowledge that WE are taking care of the babies..... Ian regulary wakes in the morning and say's "Millie didnt wake up for a night feed last night, did she ?"....arghhh. If only we could sleep that well, lol.

Glad your back Flo, love Amanda x x x

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Flo, lovely to hear from you and that you had a fab xmas!

Amanda - It warms me up to know that 'we' are not alone! Your comment about Ian saying that Millie didn't wake in the night for a feed, rang home!

Bearing in mind that Iestyn had (hopefully had and not has!) been waking every 1.5 to 2 hours in the night for a feed - Dion would often wake in the morning and say, 'Ahh wasn't he good last night, he only woke the once didn't he!!!'

Anyway, I've just managed to get Iestyn settled, he's got a very stubborn streak (not to mention a temper!) and although he's been absolutely knackered, he wouldn't give in to it! So in the end I just put took him off the boob, stuck him in his moses basket, made the bed (oops should have done that this morning), turned around and he was out for the count.

He had another session with the Chiropractor today - I can honestly say I think she's worked wonders (unless it's just coincidence), but Iestyn now seems to get his wind up so much easier - doesn't have hours of screaming ab dabs in the evening etc.... so where I didn't see any improvement using infacol or Colief - I most definately have done since seeing this Chiropractor. I will not see her again now for a fortnight and then she's expecting that session to be his last.

Anyway, as Iestyn has gone to bed, I'm cream crackered, so will make the most of it and head off for an early night myself.

I'll catch you all tomorrow.

Love,

Sue xxxxxx

P.S. Anyone given anymore thought about Stratford!!! I'm desperate to meet as many of you as poss - and Amanda, Iestyn has his eye on Millie, so time for a date I reckon!

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Sue

I am still deciding on Stratford. Ian is a total no-go on the issue so I am thinking of getting train up...but....thinking again of all the stuff I will have to take for Millie and myself would be hard work, so i'll see.

I am gonna work on Ian again....might have to hand out a few love coupons in return but hey, if it works !!

Would love to meet you all too, I'll keep you posted.

Amanda x x

·
Registered
129 Posts
Amanda

LOVE COUPONS - ha ha LMAO!!!

Jane

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi Girls,
Just popping on for a wee bit of advice again. Is it normal to be really upset? l am due in two weeks and l have cried all day and feel really low, but l am so happy about baby and don't know why l am like this. Somebody did hurt my feelings today but l have taken it overboard and cried all day.
l am glad that you all had a lovely Xmas.
Love Lou x

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Ahhh Lou

Yes, yes & yes again......we have all been there before having the baby, being pg takes its toll at the best of times, let alone when you are nearly there too ! You wait till after bubs comes....cry!.....you'll do nothing else, but its still great.

It will pass, dont worry, love Amanda x

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Hello

Just a quickie from me as I'm knackered and this thing is so useless on the net now.

I bought a new computer today though, so will spend time setting that up and then catch up with posts and do a proper reply. Will be such a relief to get something efficient up and running.

Ben is 6 weeks old today and he slept 8.5 hrs last night. Amazing! He's so brill ;D

We had our 6 week check today and all was fine. Ben is weighing in now at a whopping 10 lb 11 oz! Gutsy so and so! No worries about my breast milk then ;D

Will try and get a scanner soon and post pics. Couldn't find one for love nor money today after the Chrimbo sell out. Got a good deal on the computer though in the sales ;D

J xxx

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
More piccies of Millie pleeeeeeease xxxxx ;D

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Sorry Lou......I'm bad arnt I ?? I will get them up soon as, thats if she manages to take the dummy out of her mouth long enough !! lol. See what I can sort out at the weekend.

We were off to a hotel tomorrow night for nookie....but I have my af now....lol !! Still going to the hotel anyway, even if its for my cooked brekie in bed the next day !! ha ha

Happy New Year everyone

Amanda x x x

1 - 20 of 120 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.