·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new home mums & bubs

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Jules - Hope Katelyn is feeling better today.

Sue - I think blood being taken from a baby/child is one of the most traumatic things a parent can watch, let alone, as you say, if they need ongoing treatment for an illness. Big ^Cuddle^ to Iestyn, and to you and Dion too ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^

Sorry if I'm being stupid here, or if I've just not read previous info adequately, but does Iestyn have CF, or is it just that he carries a gene that can be passed on and if he then meets someone who carries the same gene they may have a child with CF. I assume you don't carry a gene for it, and he has only inherited one from Dion, and therefore won't show symptoms of CF. Is this right? Been a few years since I worked in the genetics field and it's all a bit rusty now :p

Kim - Glad to hear Joe's sleeping well in his new room. Hope he stays put a bit longer for you though ;)

Flo, Deborah, Ben & Max - Glad you read you had a good weekend. Can't wait to see the pics.

Oh bum! Can't remember anything else now from the other thread. Sorry to those of you I'm missing out, but it's late and I'm too knackered to go back and read again :p

YIPEEEEEEE ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ Got the first proper laugh out of Ben tonight ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ BRILLIANT!!!! I was giving him his baby rice for tea and was being all encouraging and talking in a sing songy voice, etc. and I said 'get it in there then' a few times and he laughed his head off for about 15 mins. Of course I spent that 15 mins saying the same thing over and over again! Then I think either he got bored, or forgot how to laugh and I couldn't get him to do it anymore. Typical isn't it that for weeks I've been trying to make him laugh by doing stupid things, and then he goes and does it when I'm not making any effort at all ::) So pleased though that I was the first person to hear him laugh. I was with Jack too - he did it when I was playing aeroplanes with him and lifting him over my head as I lay back onto the bed. I was really knackered at teatime too, and just wanted to get it over with, and then he laughed and I just felt so revitalised. God, I love him to bits!

Another bit of news - Ben slept for the longest time ever last night. Went to bed at 9.30 pm and woke up at 11.30 am :eek: :eek: :eek: Can't believe it! Jack used to do this mind (a bit longer actually), so maybe it's hereditary ;D The baby rice is going down a treat now. He had a really decent helping tonight about an hour before bed and I made it this time with apple and banana (he's had his 3 days on the apple alone), and I also made it quite thick this time (accidentally), but he dealt with it really well and didn't gag at all. So here's hoping for a late start tomorrow too ;D

Dh and I have decide it's time for a bit of a change in the evening routine tomorrow night. Basically, Ben and Jack will both have tea now at 5.30 pm and then they will have a bath together (which dh will do) at around 6.30 pm (takes ages for Jack to eat ::) ). Dh will then give me Ben to dress and give a bottle and put to bed, whilst he finishes Jack's bath, gets him into his jim-jams, does teeth, etc. and puts to bed. HOPEFULLY, we'll have both babies in bed by 8.00 pm of an evening - this is what time Jack goes anyway (well, between 8.00 - 8.30, but he needs to be there by 8.00 really), and it's just a case of fitting Ben into this routine now. Might be a bit dodgy for a few nights as we'll be bringing his bedtime forward by an hour and a half in one hit, but I'm sure he'll soon get used to it. This bedtime will also work once I'm back in work and not getting home until 5.30, so not able to start tea until then anyway. Mad isn't it that it takes 2.5 hours to get 2 children fed, bathed and into bed, but that's about how long it takes. This includes the time it takes to actually cook too mind.

Okay, off to bed now. Always the last on here ::)

Love

Jayne xxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Dear Sue

God..what an awfull day you had yesterday with the gorgeous Iestyn, I really felt for you when reading your post, poor little mite & you & Dion of course. I bet you wanted to cry as well, horrible seeing them so distraught.

Love to you
Amanda xxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Hi Jayne

Great to hear from you....wishing you loads of luck with your new routines for the boys !! Military operation comes to mind ;D

Amanda xxx

·
Registered
458 Posts
Morning mums,

Sue ^group^ for you and Dion and Ieytsn. I know how you feel about the blood. When Jessica went into hospital the Doc tried both hands but she stopped bleeding too quickly to get six samples she wanted. She tried on foot but then said she would leave it for the Doc on the next shift. She was ruthless and put the needle in, pulled it out and then squeezed Jessica's foot and caught the blood running down her toes ^shocked^. I had to leave the room in the end which I felt really bad about. Hope he's back to his chuckley self now.

Jayne - the laughs are fab aren't they? Jessica laughed for the first time last week - also when I wasn't trying to be a complete idiot singing and pulling fuuny faces. I was turned away at the time and my hair was up and swinging about. She likes my hair - especially to pull!! That sleep through is amazing. Since I've started giving Jessica the solids, she seems to have sropped her 8pm feed and is now happy to go until 9 after her bath. She still doesn't want to sleep until 10 or thereabouts though. Good luck with bringing your routine forward :)

Flo - sounds like you all had good fun at the weekend - Max and Ben will be friends for life now I guess.

I'm off to a antinatal group reunion tomorrow and then have all my girlie friends from work coming round on Thursday night. Jessica has her last lot of injections on Friday and I'm eally not looking forward to that.

Not a lot else happening - Jay's mum came back from Oz and his dad was really off with her. She tried to kiss him hello but he kept putting his hand up and just saying no..no. Anyway, when he realised that she had been staying with my Mum and Dad he chilled and cheered up - proberbly thought she had been off with some man or something. So were all back to normal now - just wonder how long it will be before Irene starts to feel tired out again.

Suppose I should go and get on with some housework while Jessica is having her morning nap.

Last frog count in the pond was up to 71. Lots of ^hump^ going on!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Dear Flo..........Thanks for your words on the thread 12, its great to know I am not the only one !! ;D x x x

Ange....enjoy to renunion with the girls ;D

Love Amanda
x x x

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Just a quickie!

Katelyn is much better today, her temps gone down and she hasn't been sick - yippee!! Although her nappies are still quite bad :(

She's still off her solids too, but still loves her milk, so I'm not too worried.

Right, I'm off to spend some time with my little girl, today is the first time I've had a smile out of her for 3 days - bless!!!!

Hugs to you all!!

Love Jules xxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hi everyone

Glad to hear the weaning is progressing well and babies are starting to sleep better - it makes such a difference when they sleep through doesn't it! Jayne - I don't think Hannah has ever slept as long as Ben did - I would have been poking her to see if she's OK!!

Jules sorry to hear Katelyn has been poorly but glad she's on the mend now - hope you don't get the bug too. Don't worry if it takes a while for her to get her appetite back - as long as she's drinking milk she'll be fine.

Sue - poor old Iestyn with his blood tests. Watching Hannah having her injections was bad enough. Good on you for trying to get your mother and baby group going again - hope you manage to. We were lucky last summer as we managed to meet at a local cafe for lunch each week as the weather was so good and then us mums who hadn't gone back to work started going to mums and toddlers when they were about 6 months old and that was when the weather turned cooler.

Deborah and Flo - it was lovely to hear about Max and Ben meeting up and hope Max hasn't taught Ben too many bad habits (mind you he'll learn them soon enough!!) Rolling over on the change mat - that's nothing - wait until they start to stand up as well!!

Well Hannah had a lovely first birthday last week. We had both sets of grandparents and her uncle for the day so she was spoilt rotten. She had lots of presents, a number of which I've put away for now as she was a bit overwhelmed by all the toys and couldn't decide what to play with!! One of the things we bought her was a Baby Einstein video on neighbourhood animals which she loves - she was pointing at the animals and saying their names (I think!).

She is becoming increasingly confident with her walking now and is finding all sorts of mischief to get into!! If you've got the space I would advise buying a playpen, especially if your baby is like Hannah and might sleep for about an hour at most during the day. At least with the playpen I can get a few minutes sit down while she sits and plays in one place!!

I still can't believe that my little girl is already a year old. She is so special and so worth while the wait!!

Anyway I'd better finish as it sounds like she's woken up. Lucy and Allie it must be Katie and Kirstie's first birthdays soon as well - hope you all have lovely days!

Love Celia & Hannah

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Hello everyone

I should really start posting in here - i do read all your updates but just feel i have nothing to contribute to you all.

Sue - Lots cuddles to all of you, its horrible when they take blood isnt it - with all that Jessica went through with this jaundice i hated it and even went out the room crying because she was crying so much, evil doctor stabbed her so many times cause she dont bleed very well, i hope Iestyn is ok and all of this will be over soon.

Well i must go back over reading everything and see what i have to put but i will do that later as we are now off out for Jessica's first injections - now am i going to cry again - more than likely ::) and me being a nurse but its different when its your little girl (how weird still saying that)

Stratford isnt too far away now and i cannot wait to see all the bubbs - hope i can have lots of cuddles, i will more than likely cry then also - nearly cried at Kims last week when Joe was holding Jessica but i composed myself and didnt make myself look a wally but it was a cute moment, think i am ready to go for Reid number 2 now :p would love to start again but i think we should wait a while :p.

Well i promise to catch up later with everyone when Jessica is asleep.

Lots love

Mel

x x

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Hi Mel

Great to see you over here!!!!!!!!! :-*

Love Jules xxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Hey Mel.....about time ;D Glad to see you too, I am sure you have loads to contribute.....most of us just waffle on & on anyway, nothing really major as I'm sure you have noticed !! I too cant wait till stratford, as for crying I think there may be a few of us like that....but happy tears I think ;D Loads of love Amanda xxxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Hiya Girls

Had a fantastic afternoon at swimming, I only had to drown Millie twice this week and both times she was fine, its going really well ! ;D

As for Millie, how much can one kid laugh over me getting the socks & pants out of the washing bin & putting them into piles ! All I was saying was mummys socks, daddys pants, millies socks etc etc....got she was in fits...it was awsome, totaly head case she is ;D

Catch up later, Amanda xxx

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Oh Amanda, how lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

I'm so looking forward to getting some giggles out of Katelyn, she was a bit slow on the smiles, and it looks like she's taking her time with the giggling now, I'm sure she will find something to laugh about eventually!!!! :p

Well, another milestone happened today, my little girl has her first tooth!!!!!!!!!! :eek: It has just cut through on the bottom, no wonder her cheeks felt like they were on fire the last few weeks!!!!

Love Jules xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
OMG Jules !!!

Teeth.............. ;D Fantastic !! That IS a milestone..wow !

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
evening all ;D

how is everyone?

we are all good jack has been a little star the last few days...we went out all day on sunday and he just laughed all day.

poor dh picked jack up yesterday and done hes back in so i have been looking after 2 bubbas..you know what men are like they have men poorlies..where its a ooohhhhh arrrrrrrrrhhhhhhh can you get me this can you fetch that for me.
bless i do feel for him as well im not that horrid just yet.

jules im soooo pleased about the arrival of the little angels tooth...cant wait to see jacks.

sue hope all is well for you xx
amanda mille sounds such fun.
mel its good to see you over here keep us updated.
celia wow where hs the time gone are you going for number 2 soon ??
and all the other girls hope your all well and copping with the tiredness
xxbeccaxx

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jayne Hope the new routine works out for you. Joe is good at going to bed, between 7.30 and 8 he wants to go.

Jac Hope you win the lotto then you can stay home with Jaqson. :) Joe has a Barney Dance mat, which he got for xmas, and i keep saying to Paul we should take that to Stratford, Jaqson will love it.

Angie Did you get your housework done. I do that when Joe has a sleep, housework or FF erm let me see..............................?????

Jules Great news Katelyn is better. The nappies could be to do with the tooth, which is brilliant news. Clever girl Katelyn ;D

Celia Glad Hannah had a lovely 1st birthday.

Mel Nice to see you posting over here i am like you i do read but havent posted often enough. I was very proud of Joe how gentle he was with Jessica and the piccies are lovely. Only 24 days till Stratford ^jumpin^

Amanda I used to do that with Joe and he would be in fits of giggles too. Now he likes to push all the buttons on the washing machine.

Hope all the other mums and bubs are ok.
Joe came into us at 1am this morning and wanted a cuddle. The thing is i am lying awake for ages wondering if i will hear him if he wants me. Still i am sure i will get a good nights sleep when i am 60!!!!!!!!!!!

Love Kim x x x

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Evening everyone

Jules - glad to hear that Katelyn is feeling better - and teeth how great!!!!

Amanda - Millie sounds lovely - Amy hasn't laughed yet but getting loads of smiles now. Sometimes when she's really excited about something she's sick so goodness knows what will happen when she laughs!!!!!

Hi Mel good to see you over here, can't wait for Stratford either it's coming round soooo quick

Celia - glad Hannah enjoyed her first birthday.

Sue - big hugs to you all for yesterday x x

Jac - I know what you mean about returning to work. Two days before I had Amy the company DH husband works for went into administration! He gets made redundant on the 26th of this month but luckily got a job offer last week. It turns out to be more money so I can now have my year off but will have to return at some point. Amy has a place at nursery but I am dreading it. Glad London went well

Ange - hope Jessica's injections go okay.

Jayne - hope the new routine works, I too can't believe how long simple things take - great though.

Well yesterday I joined a post natel swimming class and loved it. All the babies sit on the side in their car seats and are looked after by two old women - it's really sweet the way they are all lined up. Amy was perfectly behaved and slept the whole way through. Jamie is off next week so I can go on my own and possibly even manage a swim after, used to do 30 - 40 lengths 4 times a week before I got pg.

Also what do you class as sleeping through? Amy went from 7.30 - 5am last night!!!!! How fantastic and then because Jamie gets up at 5.30 for work he fed her and I had a lie in ;D

Well I am off for an early night - going to Dr tommorrow for another full blood count and to have my ears looked at, got funny noises in them and everything sounds a bit muffled, only high pitched noises really shriek through my head!? Maybe my wisdom teeth cutting again though.

Hope everyone else is okay
Love sarah x x x

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Dear Sarah

I'd say that was sleeping through, she will gradually go for longer which is wonderfull. Swimming sounds great, glad you enjoyed it !! ;D Good luck at the doc's tomorrow too.

Girls....I am so excited about teeth coming now ! Have any of the other babies got teeth yet ??

Amanda xxx

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
hey amanda jack is over 8mths now and im still waiting for hes teeth.

have you got snow as i know your a southeren gal we have had some earlier but not bad.

is there any more girls who live in the south east so we can meet up as i cant make the statford meet up :(
xx

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Jac glad your pc is back, and glad Jaqsons poo is softer. Bless him.

I live in the south east Becca what part are you???

I live on Canvey Island in Essex.

Love kimx x x

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.