Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Home Mummy's ;D

·
Registered
129 Posts
Evening all

Can't remeber the stuff on the last thread now - doh!

Amanda - I think it can take 6 months for eyes to fully change, don't worry yet.

Sue - great news on Iestyn's CF results, bet you are so pleased and relieved. Sending Felix round to give Iestyn his bottle, he'll even wind him too...

Jules - Oh my love, you are having a bad time. As Jeanette told me the PND score is only as good as that day, mine was 5 a couple of weeks ago, but I have had a really bad few days since, so don't read too much into the score. I too have had lots of outside issues this year with family health and a good friend moving to Norway, that sure does just not help, I know. I think also your main relationship needs to be strong when having a new baby as it is stressful enough and with you and Neale having had a few problems, it hasn't been easy for you. After my wobbler last friday, I have decided I am not having it, so have booked a counsellor to get it all out my system, perhaps ask your GP to refer you. And PND has NOTHING to do with the way you feel about your baby, I personally think it's because we love them TOO much if that's possible. I'm with you Jules, keep talking, it does help and the girls here were SUPER FAB ^thumbsup^ ^thumbsup^ ^thumbsup^to me last week when I was really very dodgy.

Well Freddy is still coldy and was unhappy last night and has been feeding every three hours for about 30 hrs, so not sure if he is just thirsty with his cold or having a growth spurt. Think if he's the same tonight, I'll give him a dash of Calpol. I've got his jabs on monday that I have put off once already because of his cold, he'll be 12 weeks, so 4 wks late. I just don't like the idea of him having them when he's under par.

Cooked some very spicy curried chicken kebabs tonight and boy are they repeating on me...good for the sinuses though. Poor Freddy I had to move him out of the kitchen as the spices were smelly, and into the lounge with Felix. When I checked on them, Felix was holding his hand and had moved his bouncy chair round so they were both watching Fimbles. Aaahhh.

Jane x

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Whey Hey, Millie's Mummy
Your first new thread, as a Mod!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I Know !...... :) It was scarey lol x x x

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jac

Love your story about Joseph & pat-a-cake ! It must be great now being so young yourself with grown up children who you can still have a great laugh with as young adults all together (i know what I mean ! lol), your boys are wonderfull arn't they !!? You have a lovely family Jac x x x

Hope Jaqson does not keep up his midnight snacks ! You must be knackerd Jac ?

Love Amanda xxx

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Evening Everyone

Jac - belly dancing sounds fab, I often dance with Amy to the music channels so I bet she'd love that. Hope you have loads of fun.

Jules - sending out really big hugs to you and Amy sends some of her lovely chin kisses that she does!

Janieb - hope Freddy is feeling better soon.

We have had a good start to our week apart from the colic that Amy seems to have developed. Tried everything off the shelves that is known and it didn't even touch the sides with her. Heard that SMA was the worst for colic so changed her milk to Cow and Gate, also found some drops in a local chemist that you add to her milk and touch wood she seems so much better. She was so bad on Sunday that I was on the M20 at 2am trying to settle her!!
She also seems very cross all the time, her little hands are almost always clenched and she hasn't given us any sign of a smile yet - she's 5 1/2 weeks, should I be worried or is this normal for her age, plus she was 4 weeks early so should I expect her to things a little later?

Well I won't be-able to post for a few days as my Mum is here tommorrow so she has our spare room and as I only see her very couple of months I tend to stay glued to her side when she's here! Can't wait to see her again as the last time was the weekend Amy was born - so excited. She's even going to babysit on Friday and I am going to enjoy my first drink this year.

Oh and I booked the hotel for April - can't wait to meet everyone ;D

Hope you all have a good week and will catch up Sunday
Love sarah x x

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Amanda - Sorry but you're nuts!!! Your posts always have me if fits ^chuckle^

Angie - I bruised Iestyn's arm the other week - I think it must have been when I was holding him when he had his jabs, I think I was more tense than I realised - Now I did feel awful then, especially as from when I noticed it, it got worse before it got better and I was so concious when taking him to any of the baby clinics when I got him undressed.

He also has a tendancy himself to bop himself in the face, especially now he's holding his rattles and he seems to constantly bruise himself at the top of his nose, between his eyes and I can't help but worry someone is going to think it's us doing it to him.

Fiona - thanks for giving Amanda the genetics lesson, I was trying to bring all that buried info from my biology days back to the forfront, but was not having much luck, when my brain struggles with the most basic of tasks these days!

I'm taking Iestyn into my Fertility Clinic on Friday - so really looking forward to showing him off (hopefully bruise free - I'll have to stop him having any toys in his hands over the next couple of days).

Sarah - don't go worrying that your dd is not smiling yet - she's still very young and as you said was 4 weeks early - so really she's only the equivalent of a one week old at the mo and as we've said many a time on here, all bubbs do things at different times - no hard and fast rules.

Flo - love Bens message to Millie. I hope that he's not trying to win her affections. She's already spoken for - Iestyn staked his claim long ago! Sorry, but he'll have to find a new girlfriend. He's got plenty to choose from now, with all of the girls born so far this year (Though I think he may push his luck if he eyes up Head Honcho's little girl - think a protective father may step in!).

Jac - love the fun baby sessions you are getting too! I love the singing/music stuff - think Iestyn will need to got to things like that, coz if he only ever hears me sing, then he'll never stand any chance of appreciating tuneful music! Our mothercare do various sessions in there Cafe during the week, so will look into those!

I too loved your story about Joseph and Pat a Cake - brought a real smile to my face, as I think Pat a Cake is the first little song I ever really did with Iestyn - I've progressed onto a few more now after buying Iestyn a Nursery Rhyme book with a CD for xmas!

Aww - my little boy, really melted my heart this afternoon, he'd had screaming ab dabs when I came off here earlier - so much I nearly put him in his car seat to take him for a drive to see if that would calm him (something I've not yet resorted to!). Anyway, all of a sudden, he calmed down and then a little later, was sat in his bouncy chair, we were chatting away, pulling funny faces etc... when suddenly he chuckled at me, so I repeated what I'd said, in the same tone of voice and he chuckled more, so I did it again and then he really did get the uncontrollable giggles, which of course started me off laughing, which then caused him to giggle more - It was so funny, you could see him really enjoying himself, but also trying to make sense of these new noises he was making! Sooo sweet, I wish the camcorder was set up to capture it!

Anyway, I've done one mammoth post today - and this one is turning into another, so I think it's time for me to sign off!

Lots of love,

Sue xxxxxxxx

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi all - hope everyone is well.

Thanks Sue for the advice on chiroprator for colic - will ring round tomorrow to see if I can get an appointment for Jasmine - although I can't drive for another 6 weeks so will have to ask my mum for lifts again.

Jasmine had a great night last night but threw up all over me, her and my bed this morning - I am still waiting for the bed to dry off completley!!

Today was our first day on our own. It wasn't as scarey as I thought it would be. DH didn't like going back to work though and sounded very stressed when he called me during the day.

Tomorrow I have a chimney sweep coming at 9.00am so I am either going to have to be really organised tomorrow morning or I will be welcoming him in my dressing gown. I am hoping to take Jasmine outside to see the brush come out of the top of the chimney as this is supposed to be very lucky but it is a shame that she wont be able to see that far.

Hoping for another good night tonight.

Lynn and Jasmine

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Hiya Mum's

Sorry i havent been posting much lately. I do read all your posts but by the time i have got to the end i have gone brain dead and forgot.

Just wanted to say

Jules Sorry your having a rough time of it at the moment. I agree Flo seemed to say it all ( lovely post) and i hope your feeling better soon, you have had a rough time of it so dont punish yourself.

Sue MJ Brilliant news Iestyn got the all clear you and Dion must be so pleased and relieved. Enjoy your hospital visit friday.

I love reading this thread cos it brings all my early days with Joe back. I would love it if we were to get lucky again. Thankyou all for your comments on the photo's with Jessica. She really is such a little poppet. So tiny yet perfectly formed. Really hope she will be home soon.
As to the hurting your bubs. i was playing with Joe yesterday, tickling him and he was squirming when he fell about 2 inches to the floor and bashed his nose. I was crying with him i felt so guilty. But it is true they will have loads of bumps and bruises. Joe always has to come and let me know if he has bumped himself i then have to rub it better and he goes off playing quite happy.
Anyway i will try and keep up with you all.

Take care

Love Kimx x x

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hiya Kim

Ahh bless, Joe is sooo cute, love the story about him needing knee rubs etc when he fall over :)

If your still brain dead and Joe is two, what hope is there for the rest of us, lol !!!

You will be on this thread by crimbo I bet you x x x

Amanda xx

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Kim, lovely to hear from you!!

I too hope that your next IVF proves successful and you will have another little angel!

Amanda - I know what you mean about what hope is there for us on the 'brain dead' front - I'm terrible!

Yippeeee - two nights on the trot and I've managed to get Iestyn to have his last feed between 8 and 8.30pm, he's then stirred at 1.30am on both nights, I've got away with putting the dummy in his mouth (took three attempts last night!) and then he woke at 4am on Tuesday morning for a feed and then last night at 5am for a feed!!!

Can I go for three nights on a trot! You never know, tonight I may actually have to wake him up for a feed in the early hours as we all need to be up at 5am for Dion's hospital appointment at Papworth!

Anyway, must get off here right now - I'm Iestyn free for a couple of hours and should be doing Dion's books!

Catchya all later,

Love,

Sue xxxxxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dear Sue

Is it a check up for Dion tomorrow, hope it all goes well for you all. Good luck also with the 5am start...yikes !!

Just booked in to get Millie's hand & foot cast at John Lewis at the weekend, I have seen a few before and some are done really well. Just in case I never have any more Millie's I want to get this done before she gets too big so that I can remember her as a tiny bubby.

She is back to her old self today, cooing, taking swipes at the play gym and being fussy on the bottle again !

Off to have my eyes tested this afternoon, just a check up and to meet up with Granny (my mum) for a M&S hot chocolate loaded with cream.....thats the best part of the afternoon... lol x

Speak later love Amanda xxxx

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Amanda

I was going to order the home kit for foot/hand casts from Magic Custard today - out of interest, how much are JL charging to do this for you?

Sorry to be nosey - but if it's comparable I may seen when our JL are doing it!

Thanks,

Sue xxxxxxxx

P.S. Glad Millies back to her old self!

P.P.S. Yes it's just a check up for Dion tomorrow!

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ohhhh Sue

You are going to slap my wrist now arnt you !! lol

But I did not ask how much....I just booked it, got to excited & carried away about being able to get an appointment for this weekend !! Sorry...I act on impulse a lot, lol xxxx

Secondly, I would not trust myself to do the kit pack properly, I would muck it up and then have to get it done professionaly anyway ! I will let you know saturday when I have been.

Naughty Amanda xxx

·
Registered
458 Posts
Aaaawww Sue - I'm feeling a bit tearful already as Jay's mum has jsut come round to take Jessica out for a walk for a couple of hours and it's the first time I've been on my own for what seems like forever. Reading your post about the giggles just made my cry.

I really don't know what to do with myself. I don't really want to do housework although I could do with getting on with some. I don't want to watch telly, I don't want to relax in a bath, I don't want to phone anyone, I don't want to eat, I don't want to exercise. I just want my little girl back with me. :'(

Saying little girl - she weighed 12lb at clinic today.

Jac - how do you manage to find out about all these places to go - I mean...belly dancing...where was that one advertised?? And thanks for the development link - I'm going to check that out later and I imagine get totally paranoid ^twitch^

Oh, I am lost. Anyone else had time by themselves without dh and bubbs around??

I know I'm probebly going to spend the next hour or so wondering around from room to room wondering what to do. I think I'll start with a brew and a crossword (which I usually do when Jessica is feeding on my left boob at night).

Ta ta for now

Oh - just seen the posts that have been on while I've been writing this.

Amanda - I'd be interested to know how much JL are charging too. I was going to phone Magic Custard and find out where their nearest studio is.

Sue - you know how I had posted that Jessica had been suddenly getting up at 5.30 or 6am for a feed instead of going through until 8am? well, this morning she woke at 5.15am, I went to get up - just a natural reponse but then I thought as she wasn't crying, I would leave her. Sure enough, she cooed and grunted away for about half an hour and then went back to sleep. I woke her up at 8am as we had clinic at 9.30. I'm going to learn from that lesson. Congrats on Iestyn keeping it up.

Love Ange Wxxxxx

ps - Amanda, thanks for locking that thread.

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Wow, it's busy around here isn't it :eek: Wouldn't want it any other way mind, but it sure is hard to keep up if you don't login every day :p

Jules - You've been through a lot over the past year, it's not surprising that it's taking it's toll. No doubt if you're not getting on too well with Neale at the moment either, this is bringing a lot of other sadness to the fore. Big ^Cuddle^ to you.

Jane - Hope Freddy gets well soon. Big ^Cuddle^ to him.

Sue - Fantastic news that all Iestyn's CF tests were okay. I'm sure that is a huge weight of yours and Dion's minds. Hope all goes well with Dion's appointment tomorrow.

Amanda - Glad to hear Millie is feeling better after her jabs.

Ange - Do you think we should start taking a leaf out of Jac's book and going to some of these more 'exotic' baby places? Tesco trips just don't seem to have the same exciting ring to them do they ;D

It's wierd being in the house alone again isn't it. I've had it twice since Ben was born, and both times I spent most of the time on here ::) She'll be home soon :-*

Jac - I'd love to know where you find out about all these things too. I'd like to find something for young babies that I can take Ben to on a Wed-Fri when it's just us two and then do the older child stuff like softplay, etc. on the Mon and Tues when I have Jack at home too.
Ange - I suppose the library or even on the internet would be a place to look ???

Sarah - Hope you have a lovely few days with your mum ;D Amy sounds absolutely fine to me. Ben didn't smile properly until just after 6 weeks and, his fists ae still often clenched, and he was born on his due date.

It's absolutely amazing when you do start getting big grins and ooooo type noises out of them. Ben's really come on in this in the past 10 days or so (he was 9 weeks old yesterday), and for the past 2 days he's smiled every single time he's seen me. Even when he's woken up absolutely starving, he still gives me a quick grin before going back to crying and letting me know he means business about getting some grub in his tum ;D I'm really looking forward to the first chuckle too. Jack's first is burnt into my memory, and I can't wait for Ben's.

I've had so many of those times where I've accidentally hurt Jack, and the guilt is unreal isn't it. So far, I haven't managed to do anything to Ben, but I'm sure I shall! Sue - I was only thinking last night that I may have gripped Ben too tightly when he had his jabs yesterday. He screamed the place down too :(

As I say, I took Ben for his first set of jabs yesterday and so far so good. He was a bit grumpy last night, but I'm not sure if that was more to do with being tired than the jabs. Gave him some Calpol just in case though. He slept his usual hours though, and didn't get a temperature, so hopefully he's not going to react. We've stayed in today just in case though and he's as happy as larry. His one leg does have a little lump on it, and we need to be careful not to knock it when changing his nappy or carrying him as it seems a bit sore, but overall he's well.

Love

J xxx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
^chuckle^ Just read some of my post back, and noticed that I'd said to Ange that 'I've had it twice since Ben was born' ^chuckle^ NOT! Although maybe I need to as my dirty mind is obviously returning ;) ^chuckle^

J xxx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Jac - Awwww, sorry to hear Jaqson is feeling so unsettled bless him. I hope he's able to settle better at night again for you soon. You must be shattered :-*

We might have Sure Start, don't know ??? How would I find that out? From the HV?

Love

J xxx

·
Registered
260 Posts
Dear Iestyn,
All's fair in love and war ^NahNah^
Love Ben

p.s. I have heard it rumoured that Jessica Poppet is a wee cracker

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hi,
SO MANY POSTS TO CATcH UP ON!!!

Ange, I had two hours away from Ben on Saturday, and where did I go? Bl***y Tescos! and mine is not a patch on yours! Hope you have found something nice to distract you until Jessica gets home. Next time, whenever that may be I am going to try and PLAN something nice.

Sue, excellent news about Iestyn being given the all clear on the CF front. It must be a tremendous weight off your minds. Hope Dion's appointment will go well tomorrow - what a stressful week this has turned out to be with all these appointments! Roll on next week.
I loved your post about Iestyn getting the giggles ^chuckle^ Ben doesn't giggle yet but ohhhhhh, those smiles!

J - glad Ben's first jabs are out of the way and that he is well. Hope his lumpy leg gets better soon :-*
So why haven't you been having it then? go for it girl!

Jaq, I really did laugh out loud at your post about Joseph. I now have an image of him in my mind (age 18) humming away to himself - you know how you do when you get a tune in your mind? Better hope his mates don't hear ^chuckle^
Loved the sound of the belly class. How did it go?

Lynn - now I never knew that it is lucky to see the sweep's brush come out the top of the chimney! You learn something new every day!

Kim - We love reading about Joe too. I hope that you will be lucky and will be posting here this time next year about the trials and tribulations of caring for a wee one with a toddler underfoot ^thumbsup^

Amanda Moneybags, hope you had a lovely afternoon out with Granny. Just a hot chocolate or perhaps a wee cake too?

Sarah, sorry to hear about Amy's colic. Stupid question, but have you tried keeping her as upright as possible when it is bad? Hope you are having a nice time with your Mum.

Can I whisper something in your ears?
For 3 nights now, Ben has gone to bed at 11pm and has slept until about 6 or 7 o'clock in the morning. No middle of the night feeds at all! Mummy is very excited but doesn't want to crow too much in case he changes his mind! Shhhhhhhhhhh

Right off to try and sort out our digital camera as I wasn't able to transfer our photos this morning. I hate technology when it plays up ^furious^

love from Flo and Ben
xxx

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.