Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Home Mums & Babies ;D

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
evening girls.
hey amanda we had a little snow earlier.(kent)
what about you where are you in the south?

well im back at work this week..sadly im doing a full week so am knackard already and its onl tues :'(

never thought i'd be this brain dead :eek:.

the best thing i have liked is taking out a little hand bag and not my industral one he! he.!

jack doesnt seem to miss me one bit :'( when i get home he just looks at me then carries on doing hes rolling....booohooooo well daddy is at work now so plenty of time for a cuddles before bed.

hey guess what tonight jack got up on all fours but didnt know what to do....think ill have to invest in a saftey gate soon...is it to early to crawl??

so hows the love battle between the bubba's?

do you think any of the girls will fancy the boys at the straford do??

ohhh wedding bells soon, we will have to all buy our hats...how nice the first ff bubbas wedding. ;D.

right im off to grab him for my night fix of cuddles.

hope your all well and lets hope we can get some good snow showers tonight .

xx

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sue MJ - If I am remembering correctly I need to thank you for some great advice I have picked up by looking back over old threads. I hope I am right in thinking it was you that posted about taking Iestyn to see a chiro about colic.

Jasmine has been suffering since birth and I called a chiro today and managed to get a consultation this afternoon. DH and I took Jasmine along and we learned so much. We have some exercises to do at home with her and she will be going again on thursday. So much makes sense after talking to the chiro especially as I had an emergency c/section and so Jasmine wasn't squeezed down the birth canal. It all sounds so positive - but I will let you know how we get on.

Lynn and Jasmine

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hi all

Lynn.. hope Jasmine benefits from the chiro. Sounds like i should have tried it when Ben was born, he would never burp & always suffered from trapped wind. He was a section baby too!!

Becca...what happened to the snow?? It disapeared as quick as it came..boo hoo.

Well, after a couple of bad weeks, with Ben having a tummy bug & going off his food, i was well chuffed when we had him weighed today...gained 3 ounces & is now 12lb 14oz. He has started eating again, but only jar/tin food, not home made....but at least hes eating.

Karen & Benjamin (25 weeks already!!)

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hiya mums,

Not been around since Friday and reading back there was is much to catch up on but hopefully you'll frgive me if I don't comment.

We ended up in hospital with Jessica in the early hours of Sunday morning. I woke up after hearing her let out a shout only to find her fitting. I was mortified (as was Jay). I thought she had a seizure about 2 weeks ago but it only seemed to last a few seconds and Jay said it was proberbly just a nightmare. My mum said the next day that it might have been caused by her first lot of injections. Anyway, by the time morning came, I was questioning what I actually saw and convinced myself I was just being paranoid based on my own illness.

On Sunday when she shouted out it was exactly the same, her back was arched and her head was back - clonic phase - although she never actually went into the tonic, jerking phase. She was foaming at the mouth and grunting but kept letting out these little cries. It was if she was saying 'I don't understand what's happening, I'm frightened, make it stop'. Her eyes were open and seemed to be looking around and at us for help.

After about 4 minutes she went limp and spent the next 15 minutes just drooling and staring into space before eventually coming around and crying. Jay had phoned NHS direct who rang an ambulance. The A&E staff were great and transferred us to the local Childrens hospital.

They wont give me any straight answers as to whether it could be epilepsy. She wasn't running a temp and didn't have any infections. All her bloods and urine tests came back normal. They have said if she has another one they will do an EEG but in the meantime, we'll just get an out patients appointment.

I have never been so scared in all my life. :'(I was just distraught, looking at her crying and telling her how sorry I am to have given her epilepsy. I feel a tiny bit more convinced now that there could be another explanation but still feel increadibly guilty.

The SHO who admitted us at the hospital said that anything as simple as trying to poo can set them off. Jessica is a very windy baby and does spend alot of time wriggling and griping. I'm taking her to the Docs tomorrow as she has had Infacol for about a month and Clolief for a few days (and the problem seems to have got worse since the switch). I know colic is supposed to disappear around the 3 month mark, which she now is, but I'm wondering if the comment that was made at her 34 week scan about her abdomen being oversized has anything to do with the pain. If there is the slightest possibility that it could be setting her off, I want it sorted out.

I feel a little better today but completely washed out. They kept us in hospital overnight on Monday and I just could not sleep. I was watching her every move and stressing. Last night back home was the same. The only thing I can say is that the 2 days leading up to it, she had been feeding really fussily, crying to be fed but the spitting it out after 10 minutes. Hopefully that means she was thirsty because she wasn't well.

Jay is with her at the moment. I know I need to get a grip and feel okay about using the baby monitor in the day so I can get on with things but I can't. Every time I think of it I feel helpless and guilty.

Sorry this is so graphic. I know I don't need to go into detail for you all to understand but I just needed to post. Jay has been great and made me laugh a lot yesterday which I really needed.

Treacle is more or less herself today after being out of sorts on Monday (more about the change of environment I think). I took her to Mothercare and Babies-r-us today and spoilt her silly.

Love Angexxxxxxx

·
Registered
114 Posts
Oh Ange,how frightening for you!!!!

I was just wondering if everthing was ok,as you hadn't posted for a few days.

Poor little Jessica,I hope she is ok.She is lucky to have a mum like you who knew what to do.Please Ange,don't feel guilty,it may not be epilepsy,lots of babies fit & grow out of it.

Iwill say a little prayer for Jessica tonight,& hope you can get some answers soon.

Sorry this post is short,but Issy is squirming on my knee & hitting the keyboard.
Love
Kathryn

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
God Ange, I am so so sorry ^Cuddle^

What an awfull awfull experience to have to go through for all of you, none the less for baby Jessica

You sounds as if you coped remarkably in what was an awfully frightening situation, I know you were bloody scared but you did sound as if you were strong too, I dont know if I would have been the same.

I so hope that its just a one of for you & Jessica, I too will hope to god that its not epilepsy.

I cant think of a worse think to have to go through, sending you HUGE (((hugs))) Ange.

Thinking of you & hoping you can make youself feel a bit better too

Loads of love Amanda xxx :-*

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ange

So sorry to hear about Jessica - thank goodness she is alright now!!

Lets hope you get more answers soon.

Thinking of you

Lynn

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Oh my god ange, you have really been through it my lovely. Poor little Jessica, I was nearly in tears reading your post, just imagining what you were going through, just awful.

Sending you huge hugs

Love Jules xxxxx

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Angie

What an awful experience to go through. I really hope Jessica is ok now and doesnt have a repeat.

I know what you mean about watching their every move during the night. I was the same with Joe friday, sat and sun night. He had a temp of 103 fri going down to just 102 saturday. It is so awful when they arent well i would rather be ill myself.

^Cuddle^ to the 3 of you and give Jessica a big hug from me.

Love Kim x x x

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
OMG Ange! That must've been absolutely terrifying. I can't imagine what sort of state I'd be in if I saw either of my boys fitting. It sends shivers down me just thinking of it, and the thought of them being in that first phase where they just look as if they want you to help them and they don't understand what's happening, just makes me want to cry.

I really hope Jessica doesn't fit again, for whatever reason, but if Jessica does have epilepsy, please don't blame yourself. It's not your fault! I don't know if it is hereditary of not, but even if it is. It is still NOT your fault.

Big ^Cuddle^ to you, Jessica and Jay ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^

Love

J xxx

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Evening

Ange - I am sending out lots of hugs and thoughts, and Amy sends some of her special chin kisses to Jessica - lots of them.

A quick update on our day - She has been a love - I want to eat her all up because she has been sooo delicious today!! Had her bottles, no screaming - just normal baby stuff. I took her into town quickly this afternoon and treated her to some new clothes and then got home and cuddled her for ages, something we haven't been able to do for a while because of the crying. I am very optimistic now for tommorrow and hope this is the turning point for her, I hate to think of her in such pain.
She also gave me her first smile today ;D A very happy Mummy I am today. I have also worked out my camera and there is some pics in the gallery of her.

Sorry I haven't replied to anyone, going to put my little angel into bed.
Have good days tommorrow (Ange will be thinking of you)
Love sarah x x

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Sarah

Thats great news glad things are working out nicely now. Now you can enjoy your baby.

Love Kim x x x

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Well done Sarah, that's lovely news. It feels so nice when you have a lovely settled day with bubbs doesn't it :)

Love

J

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
^chuckle^ I couldn't use Jayne when I initially joined as someone else had it, and I had absolutely no imagination at the time, so just used my initial, and it stuck. Also, I never realised at the time how much I was going to come to love Fertility Friends, so I never really worried about having a daft user name ;D

Will have to get into the habbit of signing off as Jayne now as well ;D

Jayne xxx

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Ange ((((((((((Hugs))))))))))) - I'm all choked up reading your post. I just can't begin to imagine the terror you have been through.

I really hope this was a one off for you all.

Love,

Sue xxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Sarah,

So pleased you have had a great day with littlun, may this be the start of even better things to come!

Love,

Sue xxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Lynne - yes it was me who said about the Chiro - I take Iestyn and have seen great benefits. Glad you've found it useful!

J - talk about confuse me! Hello Jayne!

Love,

Sue xxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Ange ~ just want to send you big hugs, that must have been so scary for you,

Lots of love to Jessica,

Take care, Lizzy xxx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Wow, just been into chat for the first time. I didn't last long though - it sure does move fast in there, and that was with just a few people on line. Will have to try again when I'm not feeling so tired :p Yet another place to get addicted too eh ;D Looks like good fun though.

Jayne xxx

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.