Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My DH and I have been TTC for over 3 years and started our first cycle of ICSI at the end of March.  Unfortuantely i'm not responding very well to the treatment and at day 15 of FSH i have only 3 follicles (17mm / 15mm and one that is very small) I have been kept on FSH for a further 2 days. They have told us that they will collect the follicles (only one is big enough at the moment) but there is no guarantee that the follicle will contain an egg.
Would love to chat to others who have had similar experiences.
Y xx

·
Registered
794 Posts
I havent been through the same things as you but just wanted to wish you well with your tx and fingers crossed that your follies have those precious eggs
^hugme^

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks charlie61 for your good luck wishes. I have scan tomorrow morning 7.30am ..... another 5am start ! Hopefully the smaller one will have increased in size and all 3 follicles will be ready for collection soon.  ^reiki^ Will let you know.

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Hello Yvonne, welcome to Fertility Friends. :)

I am sorry that your treatment so far has not gone as well as you hoped. However, please do remember that it ain't over until it's over and, I have seen plenty of miracles on here with just one follicle or just one fertilised egg go on to make a prgenancy and, eventually a baby so it can happen and it really does only take one. On the other side of that, if you felt the risk was too great I guess you could cancel this cycle, not have egg collection and try again in a month or so which, has only the advantage of saving you money! If this cycle is not successful for you, your clinic will have learned alot more about your reponse to stimulation and may be able to advise a better protocol to start you off with (perhaps do short protocol with a higher dose of drugs from the start as this tends to get better responses from poor responders) so your next cycle - shoud you need one - ought to run a bit more smoothly. You might even find there are things you can do to help improve your egg quantity and quality in future - I will leave you some links to some info you might want to read and also to some useful parts of FF:

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

What can improve egg quality and quantity ~ CLICK HERE

Complimentary Therapies ~ CLICK HERE

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time. The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that. You will fnd a thread, usually with a funny/inspiring name for this year's buddies. Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment.

Cycle buddies ~ CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area:

Girl & Boy talk - Community & Fun Board ~ CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our excellent chat room. We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm), where you can meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

You can also "meet" and chat with people in your local area through the Location boards. This is especially useful to find people who may be using the same clinic and or in the same PCT area.

Wishing you lots of luck! ^reiki^

C~x

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Caz, and thanks for the welcome.
Thanks for all the info, with regards to cancelling the treatment we have been funded by NHS and have been told that if we were to pull out now we wouldn't receive anymore funding so we thought better a little chance than no chance and decided to continue.  On a positve note i have been to hospital today for a scan (day 16 of fsh) and things are looking better 8 follicles now 18mm / 15mm / 13mm and five at 10 mm (don't know where they have all appeared from) although they dont hold out much hope that the five smaller ones will grow enough before egg collection which is booked for Friday  :)  So fingers crossed.
Y x

·
Registered
794 Posts
Great news on the follies!!  ^clapping^ lets hope that the others surprise you too and grow nice and big  ^pray^

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
That's great news Yvonne. Keep drninking fluids and eating plenty of protien. Also, some ladies say a warm hot water bottle (or cat or dog will do if you have a pet) on your belly can help boost things a little.
I am guessing if your clinic cancel the cycle then you keep the funding but if you decide to then you don't. Bit wrong really but nothing is very simple in thiose old game. Follie growing vibes! ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

C~x

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another Update Ladies.... Got a phone call late wednesday afternoon telling me not to take the injection on wednesday night as they were not doing egg collection on Friday .... they have kept me on Gonal F for another couple of days in the hope that my little follies grow more so have a scan tomorrow morning instead.
I have been doing the hot water bottle, protein, plenty of water and no caffine (my friend told me that caffine isn't good for the protein) and given that this time last week i was told the cycle was being cancelled it all seems to have worked a treat.  ;D
Here's hoping that my little follies are a good size tomorrow.
Thanks for the support  ^hugme^

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Fab news Yvonne. ^clapping^ Keep us updated!

C~x

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just to keep you updated ..... Had egg collection bank holiday monday (beats going to the garden centre !!) they managed to collect 2 eggs and we were delighted when we found out that both of them had fertilized.  Told us the quality wasn't great - they are average -( but i guess that is better than poor) and i had the ET yesterday.  Now the dreaded 2ww... Pregancy test on 19th May

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Hi Yvonne

Fingers crossed for BFP for you hun!

xx

I have a similar problem, I didnt have a problem with the amount of follicles, but due to the ectopic pregnancy being so big (they thought i was 3 weeks pregnant i was actually 9 weeks when they diagnosed miscarriage, 11 weeks by the time they realised) it pushed my right ovary right over and its now tucked behind my bowel. They got 16 follicles from my left ovary with 13 eggs, 7 being suitable for re-injection, all 7 fertilised and they put 2 back but they said my embies werent great quality either. Hopefully our lil embies will pull through

Good luck i will be thinking of you and i must say its so nice to speak to people with similar issues xx

yvonne1608 said:
Just to keep you updated ..... Had egg collection bank holiday monday (beats going to the garden centre !!) they managed to collect 2 eggs and we were delighted when we found out that both of them had fertilized. Told us the quality wasn't great - they are average -( but i guess that is better than poor) and i had the ET yesterday. Now the dreaded 2ww... Pregancy test on 19th May

1 - 11 of 11 Posts