Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya,

as you can tell from the title, I am new to clomid - I've read loads on this board though and I was wondering if anyone has any tips on anything to do with it really.

Chris xx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi there

Just a quickie as DP's moaning he's hungry so gotta go cook dinner !!! ;D

When I 1st started taking Clomid it was suggested to me to take at night as this helps lessen the side effects you'll experience as you sleep through most of it....I take mine at bedtime & it seems to have really helped me.

Some women suffer quite a few side effects whilst others experience very few, if any...we're all different & even each month can vary for each of us. You may find that your cycle lengthens or shortens, you may experience stronger ovulation and/or period pains, you may find that your EWCM/CM dries up (there are a few posts on here with info on what you can take to help improve this eg grapefruit juice, evening primrose oil, expectorant cough medicine, zinc etc)....I think mood swings & hot flushes tend to be the most common...but if you don't experience any side effects don't worry & think that Clomid's not working...like I say, we all have different side effects.

And if you do suffer any :'( ^tantrum^ and feel ^confused^ then you know that we're all here for you to rant at as I'm sure we've all been there !

Hoping the Clomid works for you & that you avoid the side effects ^afro^
Good luck & take care ^reiki^
Natasha :)

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
Hiya, just want to welcome you  :)

I'm on cycle 7 so experienced all the s/e I am gonna get I hope by now!  Its a good tip to take at bedtime as I find they keep me awake if I have them at any other time of the day.  Shout, chat or scream with us whenever you need to!  good luck  ^reiki^ xxx

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to you both  - I'm following your advice and I'm going to take mine before bedtime tonight - I just hope that I don't go too  ^confused^ cos I'm a really emotional person as it is!  Poor DH - I hope he doesn't cop the brunt of it, bless him!
i'll let you know how I get on.  Thanks a lot again,
Love and babydust to everyone,
^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Chris xxxxxx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.