Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone

I am doing egg share for the first time and, just wanted to know what happens next, i have been for bls and i am down regulated, but recip isnt ready yet, when she is ready what happens next, and when will i start stimms, and what does recip take while i am stimming.

clinic said to carry on with bureslin until they call me, so am feeling a little confussed now.

thanks everyone

love
bitbit
xxxxx

·
Registered
683 Posts
Hi bitbit,

I'm doing egg share at the moment. I'm having my egg collection on Monday.
I had to wait for 6 days for my recipient to catch up when i was d/r. I too had to wait for my clinic to phone me before i started my stimms. I'm not sure what the recipient's do when we stimm, I think they have to get their womb to the right thickness for the day of our e/t.

Sorry if my info hasn't helped much, just wanted to wish you loads of luck.

Love
Kia.x

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Kia

Thanks for your reply
Good luck for your ec on monday, hope all goes well for you.

I remember them saying something about recipient taking tablets or something, and when they start them, i start stimms about 4 days after or something, is this what you had to do?

love
bitibit
xxx

·
Registered
683 Posts
Hi bitbit,

Thanx, the nurse at the clinic counted 13 follies yesterday.
I got 13 eggs on my last treatment (not egg share though).

When i had my d/r scan on day 3 of af i was hoping to start stimms then but my recipient's af hadn't arrived and thats what i think i had to wait for.

I think their treatment will all be different as there are so many different ressons why they need donor eggs.

I have heard something about pills and pessaries too, but to be honnest i have no idea.

I should really have asked more questions about what my recipient has to do but i didn't think, i was just happy that i knew i was helping to make someone else's dreams come true.

Good luck with your treatment hun.

Love
Kia.x

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Kia

13 follies that sounds good. i suppose i'll just have to wait for them to ring me next week (hopefully)

take care

bitbit
xxxxx

·
Registered
683 Posts
Hi Bitbit,

My egg collection went really well.
We had 17 eggs collected  :eek: . I was so shocked!
So we have 8 eggs and my recipient gets 9 eggs.

How are you doing?
have you got a date to start stimms?

^goodluck^

Love
Kia.x

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Kia

18 eggs thats great, our clinic have given us the choice that if theres an odd number, we can keep the extra or donate it, was this the same with your clinic? I have still havent heard anything yet, still keeping my fingers crossed that clinic will ring me this week. When do you go back for transfer?

Take care

love
bitbit
xxxx

·
Registered
683 Posts
^hello^  bitbit,

No my clinic doesn't give us a choice we have to donate any odd.

We got 8 eggs and out of them 4 fertilized, and e/t will be in the morning. We don't know what grades they are yet.

My recipient got 9 eggs and out of them 8 fertilized.

I'd give your clinic a ring in the morning and ask how long they think it will be, maybe they could give you some idea.

Fingers crossed for you hun.

^goodluck^ and loads of  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^

Take care
Love
Kia.x

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Kia

Good luck for et tomorrow, hope everything goes well for you.

I rang clinic today, because they showed no sign of ringing me, and recip still isnt ready, she is going back next friday, to see if she is ready or not, im gutted and feeling quite low at the moment, i know its not her fault, its her bodies, but im feeling quite angry about it, cos ths clinic never said this could happen, dont know what to do at the moment, really not sure about egg sharing now.

love
bitbit
xxxxx

·
Registered
683 Posts
Bitbit  ^hugme^

Sorry to hear you're so upset, I remember how down i felt and i only had to wait 6 days.

I had 2 grade 2 embryo's put back yesterday, i'm still very sore.

Hope you get to start your stimms soon.
Thinking of you.
Love
Kia.x

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Kia

ood luck, hun for the 2ww, im not feeling so bad today, still really pe'ed off, but i suppose its just the way it goes, i have decided that if recip isnt ready next fri , i am prob gonna pull out of the egg share, cos if she's not ready, it will probably be unlikey et will happen before  xmas, but i suppose that will be something i will have to speak to clinic about if it comes to it.

take care of yourself and embies

love
bitbit
xxxx

·
Registered
683 Posts
Bitbit  ^hello^ ,

I've just popped in to see how you're doing?
Aww i do hope you get to start your stimms soon.

^hugme^

Love
Kia.x

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hi Kia

how are you?, how are you feeling?

take care

bitbit
xxxx

·
Registered
683 Posts
Hi Bitbit,
I'm doing fine thanx, 2ww is going so slowly, i'm starting to get heartburn again (i'm hoping that's a sign)
How are you feeling hun?
Have you heard anymore about your recipient?
Fingers crossed for you that you finish treatment by christmas.
Thinking of you.
Take care
Love
Kia.x

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Kia

Hope you are not going too mad in the 2ww, i got the good news today that recip is now ready and i can start stimms on thurs, yippee. i am soo excited now things are finally moving again.

take care
bitbit
xxxx

·
Registered
683 Posts
Hi bitbit,
I've started 'knicker checking' every 5mins  ^noAF2^ , i can't wait till the 3rd  ^2ww^ .
Thats great news about you recipient!  ^banana^
Good luck hun,  ^afro^  hope you get lots of lovely big eggies.
Fingers crossed for you.
Love
Kia,x

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Kia

I think i will be terrible in 2ww, might ask clinic if they can sedate me for 2weeks  ;D.

take care
bitbit
xxxx

·
Registered
683 Posts
Hi Bitbit,

Good luck for stimms tomorrow  ^afro^

I'll be thinking of you.

I've still got to wait till next Friday before i test!! this is the longest 2weeks of my life! Doing the injections was easier then this!

Love
Kia.x

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Kia

well did my 1st stimms jab tonite, not quite sure if i used the right needle though, as i have 3 different ones at the moment  :eek: :eek:, so i used the medium size one was that right, was bigger than the dr one but not as big as the one to draw up with,

Hope you are well

take care
bitbit
xxxxxx

·
Registered
683 Posts
Hi Bitbit,

It's great that you're finally on the way with stimms.

I don't know if you have used the right needle hun, i only had two different sided needle, one was huge! i used that to draw up and mix and the other was quite small, a bit smaller then the dr ones and i used that to inject.

Do you know how long you have to stimm for?
How many amp's are you on?

It's getting really hard to stay away from the hpt's now, i'm so tempted.

I test a week today.

Take care
Love
Kia.x

1 - 20 of 47 Posts