Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I’m new to this however not so new to the Ivf world.

I’m 35 soon to be 36. Husband 34.
We have been trying on and off for years. Told in 2019 due to 100% abnormal morphology Ivf was our only option of having a family.
We did a funded fresh short protocol cycle in May Ivf. Transferred one average embryo which resulted in bfn. Nothing left to freeze.
We just did our 2nd fresh cycle, but icsi transferred 2 good quality embryos on day 3, which sadly ended in a early miscarriage at 5 weeks. Again nothing to freeze. Absolutely devastated but want to attempt cycle no 3.
I’m debating whether I should change clinics? Has anyone else had 2 cycles with nothing to freeze to go on to have a 3rd successful round?
I’m new to this and all the ivf lingo, so bear with x I must add, both sperm samples given for both rounds were 95% so now within normal limits, which makes me think it’s down to my eggs! Just after some successful stories. Struggling a lot with all of this.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hello

I started my ivf journey down to a very similar situation as yourself, we had a issue sperm not being as it needed and we would need ICSI.

Our first cycle ended on day2 of fertilisation, round two we got to implantation on day 5. Sadly did not take during that ttw.
On both occasions despite having several follicles I only had one mature egg that was collected.
I am 38 and sadly my clinic put this down to low egg reserve, this does vary person to person.

It is disappointing to not be given a better chance of more eggs and even getting to a freezing option.

I was happy with my clinic they seemed to be doing what any other clinic would for me.

Do you feel your clinic is not right for any particular reason? Apart from having to try fresh cycles each time.
Maybe reach out to other clinics and let them know what protocol you have been through and see if they offer some light which is different to your current clinic.

Sorry I am unable to give you a success story, but I will try again and hope it will work for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello

I started my ivf journey down to a very similar situation as yourself, we had a issue sperm not being as it needed and we would need ICSI.

Our first cycle ended on day2 of fertilisation, round two we got to implantation on day 5. Sadly did not take during that ttw.
On both occasions despite having several follicles I only had one mature egg that was collected.
I am 38 and sadly my clinic put this down to low egg reserve, this does vary person to person.

It is disappointing to not be given a better chance of more eggs and even getting to a freezing option.

I was happy with my clinic they seemed to be doing what any other clinic would for me.

Do you feel your clinic is not right for any particular reason? Apart from having to try fresh cycles each time.
Maybe reach out to other clinics and let them know what protocol you have been through and see if they offer some light which is different to your current clinic.

Sorry I am unable to give you a success story, but I will try again and hope it will work for me.
Hello

Hi, thank you so much for your response. I’m sorry to hear you’ve been in a similar situation. Having nothing left to freeze is really a kick in the teeth. This is just so tough isn’t it?! With regards to the clinic, I don’t think I can fault them you know, after a long discussion with my husband I think we’ve decided to stay where we are and go for our 3rd new cycle as soon as we can with them. Our second cycle did work it just sadly didn’t survive past 5 weeks. So I have to cling on to that.
I think as the clinic know so much about us now also, it might be silly to start again and have to start fresh with another one. Im really hoping it will be 3rd time luckily, for you too.
Are you due to start again soon, or you taking a break. Thank you again for reaching out. X

1 - 3 of 3 Posts